perles75

May 16, 2020
Oooh, don't cry buddy.

But that wasn't even what I was talking about. You just got all emotional and accused me of something else entirely. I'm saying you have total control over whether your wife gets banged or not, and choosing to have it happen takes away all conflict from the plot. This is a design choice that you can't change. Take a deep breath and read again.
lol, congratulations for writing the most unconvincing and trolling reply ever, which shows that you haven't understood much of the game if you think that avoiding that someone fucks Alexia is the whole point of it.

Incidentally, that nothing bad will happen to Alexia is a wild assumption, and the idea that you have total control over the events is even wilder.

Zakkuri

Jan 16, 2018
lol, congratulations for writing the most unconvincing and trolling reply ever, which shows that you haven't understood much of the game if you think that avoiding that someone fucks Alexia is the whole point of it.

Incidentally, that nothing bad will happen to Alexia is a wild assumption, and the idea that you have total control over the events is even wilder.
"if you think that avoiding that someone fucks Alexia is the whole point of it."

I don't. Her being captured and her life being "threatened" is the driving force behind the main character's actions. As a result, I'd expect to have to make tough choices whilst considering her well-being, but instead they pretty much begin to chill out immediately.

Do you disagree? If so, how about you tell me what the "point of the game is"? I'd love to hear it from the expert.

"Incidentally, that nothing bad will happen to Alexia is a wild assumption, and the idea that you have total control over the events is even wilder."

I've played a chunk and I've not only been able to make the choice to not have Alexia get fucked, but I've also had the choice to prevent other people from raping other characters. So, no, it's not a wild assumption. Either Alexia gets fucked on your say-so, or she gets left pretty much entirely alone.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: MangoMeta

rivon

Jun 14, 2018
Well you kind of right but writes have to compromise to make everyone happy.
Game is clearly leaning to fairytalish fantasy sub-genre now at the begging it was more dark moody fantasy but they backtrack on that.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Oooh, don't cry buddy.
I'm not.
People who react with that type of comment are usually the ones who are one hurt "fee-fee" away from a tantrum though.

But that wasn't even what I was talking about.
You made a point of raising an entirely optional mechanic as being contributory to your dislike of the game. That it exists was enough of a negative for you, that it had to be in your complaint.

You just got all emotional and accused me of something else entirely.
Emotional... I experienced emotion, that of amused ambivelance at someone saying some so incredibly short-sighted and simultaneously stupid.
You made a post of generic troll-bait whining, mentioning something that exists purely as an optional mechanic, and continue to raise it as being the main problem...

I'm saying you have total control over whether your wife gets banged or not, and choosing to have it happen takes away all conflict from the plot.
The last part of your sentence alone shows that you barely played the game.
The game's plot is not about whether or not Alexia gets fucked by someone/thing other than Rowan.

You are yet another monumental failure of a troll, succeeding in only showing that you're just desperate for attention. You shall receive no more from me.

Zakkuri

Jan 16, 2018
I'm not.
People who react with that type of comment are usually the ones who are one hurt "fee-fee" away from a tantrum though.

You made a point of raising an entirely optional mechanic as being contributory to your dislike of the game. That it exists was enough of a negative for you, that it had to be in your complaint.

Emotional... I experienced emotion, that of amused ambivelance at someone saying some so incredibly short-sighted and simultaneously stupid.
You made a post of generic troll-bait whining, mentioning something that exists purely as an optional mechanic, and continue to raise it as being the main problem...

The last part of your sentence alone shows that you barely played the game.
The game's plot is not about whether or not Alexia gets fucked by someone/thing other than Rowan.

You are yet another monumental failure of a troll, succeeding in only showing that you're just desperate for attention. You shall receive no more from me.
You wrote a paragraph in direct reply for every sentence I wrote, didn't even make a single argument, but I'm the one triggered?

Sad, lol.

Last edited:
  • Angry

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
You control both Rowan and Alexia's choices. Without a lot of rape scenes I don't think there's much wiggle room to ignore player choice and control when it comes to sexual scenes or consequences. People would grow annoyed a char they supposedly control is doing shit they did not want them to; potentially with chars they have zero interest in.

As you said it's a design choice which like most cannot satisfy everyone. I can only imagine the rage on this thread if Rowan or Alexia fucked people without the players control :ROFLMAO:.
Well... There's a sensation of "control" that Venus Noire Team create, but, if you want to rage, remember, choose for Rowan to search for his wife it doesn't matter because the narrative need that Rowan give a strike to Jezera when she's alone in the most senseless act of foolishness ever seen for a person who's called & considered vital in the last War against Twin's Father...

It doesn't matter that Rowan and Alexia looks no less than 35 years old, when the narrative tells you he was the abandoned son of a hunter, raised by another peasant who was an Elder Village, that in their youth this couple meet for the first time, that the last war had a duration of 10 years and when the story begin has passed 8 years, so, perhaps Rowan and Alexia could have met with 17 years old and soon after the war began, but a commoner in ten years achieve more than any in the nobility who are raised into the management of weapons, strategy, battle... Fuck...

I don't think it matters much if put NTR Off, the game just save the player to see the NTR but it doesn't mean that don't happens... Or it will be impossible to corrupt Alexia by turning off NTR? Never tested myself, but don't buy it, if the choice that allows NTR appears and you don't see the scene, internally Alexia have been corrupted by another's cock, as simple as that.

But in the end it doesn't matter if the narrative makes complete sense to you or if in reality Alexia can be corrupted without NTR, Rein wants the player's suffering, that's what you can count :ROFLMAO:.

DarkDank

Oct 26, 2019
That's the point, I don't want to see her as degraded sex toy, she's just nice and likeable and way better wife material for Rowan than Alexia is.
Not that that is a tall order tbh, I don't see the appeal of Alexia besides to the NTR crowd. Delane is more interesting as a personality, Helayna has more love drama and is more exciting as a sexual partner for Rowan, Liurial is better as a fling/secretary Rowan fucks type of deal although I'm not sure if there is more beyond that to them... Patricia is good as a milf noblewoman ally you can bang, Juliet too if you want to deflower a young noblewoman or maybe play as her protector (Delane is a bit of that too, but she has a stronger personality).

That's why I said that it's a bit laughable when game thinks that I care for Alexia. Now I get it from the point of the story, but eventually there should come a point where Rowan either flat out ditches Alexia or stays and tries to save her not because of love that you as a player don't even have, but because out of duty to his still wife, which could still make sense for Rowan as a character, but dialogue needs to reflect that. Magic's gone, so to speak.
I want to see her as a degraded sex toy.
So ya know. Let people like what they like, and choose the route that doesn't have it, or get stuffed.
:WeSmart:

Reactions: kizzyjurassic

Zakkuri

Jan 16, 2018
You control both Rowan and Alexia's choices. Without a lot of rape scenes I don't think there's much wiggle room to ignore player choice and control when it comes to sexual scenes or consequences. People would grow annoyed a char they supposedly control is doing shit they did not want them to; potentially with chars they have zero interest in.

As you said it's a design choice which like most cannot satisfy everyone. I can only imagine the rage on this thread if Rowan or Alexia fucked people without the players control :ROFLMAO:.
Player choice is fine, but it should be limited. With this game, you have full control over what happens to either party with no pushback whatsoever. Basically, you get to choose your consequences. That takes all conflict out of the narrative, which is already mediocre by its writing quality a lone. Either play as Alexia, or Rowan, and make a proper choice and consequence game where its not clear where your choice will lead. This design has led to many critically acclaimed games, such as Wolf Among Us.

I don't see why I or the dev should care that people here get mad. That's their own problem. The Rance series makes a tonne of people mad by its existence alone, but it has a strong and devoted fanbase. As a writer, you should focus on them, not try and make a game that pleases a wide margin of people.

Then again, he's been plenty profitable doing so.

• Angry

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Player choice is fine, but it should be limited.
It is limited if the player specifies they're okay with it being limited. Are you seriously complaining that there's NTR toggle instead of making it mandatory? Like, why do you even give a shit about someone else's experience?

Reactions: amsousa and Crusado

Zakkuri

Jan 16, 2018
It is limited if the player specifies they're okay with it being limited. Are you seriously complaining that there's NTR toggle instead of making it mandatory?
No. I'm not. I'm saying that even if you toggle NTR on, you have full control over what happens to both Alexia and Rowan. I near enough stated as much, so I dunno how you got confused.

• Angry

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
No. I'm not. I'm saying that even if you toggle NTR on, you have full control over what happens to both Alexia and Rowan.
You have control within limits provided by the game. You can make choices, but there's no say these choices aren't going to have negative consequences down the road. So far, these consequences might've been largely limited to 3rd parties, but it does not mean things are going to stay this way forever.

Zakkuri

Jan 16, 2018
You have control within limits provided by the game. You can make choices, but there's no say these choices aren't going to have negative consequences down the road. So far, these consequences might've been largely limited to 3rd parties, but it does not mean things are going to stay this way forever.
What limits? I didn't see any.

My critique is valid for what is there right now, which is a lot - the game has been out and updated for a while. Nobody can say what happens later, but too little too late as far as I'm concerned. The dude who made Four Elements Trainer didn't need this excuse because he released good content from the jump.

Last edited:

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Player choice is fine, but it should be limited. With this game, you have full control over what happens to either party with no pushback whatsoever. Basically, you get to choose your consequences. That takes all conflict out of the narrative, which is already mediocre by its writing quality a lone. Either play as Alexia, or Rowan, and make a proper choice and consequence game where its not clear where your choice will lead. This design has led to many critically acclaimed games, such as Wolf Among Us.

I don't see why I or the dev should care that people here get mad. That's their own problem. The Rance series makes a tonne of people mad by its existence alone, but it has a strong and devoted fanbase. As a writer, you should focus on them, not try and make a game that pleases a wide margin of people.

Then again, he's been plenty profitable doing so.
What limits? I didn't see any.

My critique is valid for what is there right now, which is a lot - the game has been out and updated for a while. Nobody can say what happens later, but too little too late as far as I'm concerned. The dude who made Four Elements Trainer didn't need this excuse because he released good content from the jump.
Well... For a start very importantly, the narrative need for Rowan goes dumb inside Bloodmeen to search for his Wife without knowing shit of what's happening in the surrounding nor inside the castle, for a person who's signaled as a Mastermind Tactician it doesn't make sense, there's no way to have full control when the narrative demands Rowan face The Twins at sight believing he had a chance forgetting complete about his wife, there's no way that between all places Rowan explored inside Bloodmeen he encounter The Portal Room but never the stairs that goes to the dungeons, that is the place that every common normal person would guess a kidnapped person would be... Another thing could be, why Rowan must wait for one of the three contestants for the Orc Village Warchief achieved successfully when he could mobilized a group of his best orcs during this event to challenge for the Warchief Tittle?... Why during Rastedel whereabouts looking for allies Rowan doesn't seek for more options?, if you look for the Maud you can't go to the barracks, the same happens if you goes otherwise... Why Rowan looks so young? he was a peasant from a Hunter Family, abandoned when he was a child of don't know 8~10 years old, raised by an Elder Village who is another peasant, so how he could manage to do excel better than any other in nobility during a war of just ten years?.

No... The game isn't in full control of the player decisions, that is a well done illusion made Venus Noire Team, there are things that could be done different or in a better shape if they are inspired more in reality than literature, Rowan instead of a peasant could have been from a noble house in disgraced, obligated to live between the commoners and doing work and marrying between commoners because they have no other choice, when the war began, Rowan seek an opportunity but moreover, as a true believer he thought it was his called and his house to the cause, but the reality of how the Kingdom manage after their family being disgraced and how the nobility their maintain their prestige and status just slap in his face, his family never ever forget the other houses that betray them, the responsibles of their disgrace (near disbarred condition) and preserved well all of their knowledge until Rowan's Generation, which explains why Rowan did so good during the War and have manners... But instead... Rowan is a peasant... Well, it can be saved is the narrative tells me that he's part of a race of men that live too much and Rowan spend years beyond most men in touch of doing works as a mercenary (which is taking more from fantasy literature than reality to save this argument), but it isn't stated that as far as i remember... But there's another option of course, he's a fucking Gary Stu, the chosen one (facepalm myself).

Yes, you are right when you stated that Venus Noire can do whatever they want, like Rein who is resposible of player's suffering (lol), but it doesn't mean that this criticize is doing with malice, is because the game is good and have very potential, we just want it's success, but it doesn't mean that it is perfect or that there are things that could be worked better to add more drama or have a sensation of more reality.

4.00 star(s) 163 Votes