Ren'Py - Seeds of Chaos [v0.4.05 Dev] [Vénus Noire]

1. 3.00 star(s)

KingWeWuz

This game is occasionally referred to as Seeds of Cuck, because roughly half the art is ntr. It thankfully allows you to choose to turn this off, but not quite all of it, and if you do turn it off there's a general lack of events that take place. Even some of the events that aren't kinda are. As an example:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now the writing: some parts are good, others very sloppy. The game was set up with the presumed intents to make you the "bad guy." You are not the bad guy.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I found the exploration aspect fairly boring. Don't get me wrong, it's honestly impressive he was able to program that whole map, but there should be more direction on where to go and what to do.

He could make a great prequel game with this system, and I think it would even make more sense if he did, likely appealing to a more mainstream audience. But I believe he chose this specific setting to allow some of the debauchery take place.

The wife is the hottest babe, at least for me, but 90+% of her art is ntr. I can only recall one scene at the beginning where she sleeps with Rowan, after that her character is just a demon cumdump unless you turn off ntr in which case she's pretty much removed from the game.

The game caters to niche audiences as well as mainstream, but here's an issue: if you're more of a mainstream man, you'll miss out on a massive amount of content. And if you're one of the niche (perhaps you like gay?) you'll only see a bit of that. This means the game attempts to appeal to everyone, but in doing so appeals to very few. You have to be interested in a huge amount of fetishes or you won't be interested in much of the content. The music is really good and most of the art is well done, but some of the art is kinda unimpressive. It uses many different artists and in doing so sets up an inconsistency in visuals.
  2. I
    5.00 star(s)

Indignatio

I love this game! I've been following it for awhile now. The scenes that have pictures are great. There are some scenes that just cut to black, I wish those had pictures, though I'm pretty sure the dev has been adding them, slowly but surely. The characters are hot. Personally I'm a fan of Jezera! This is definitely a game I would recommend!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

derpyturle1995

art is excellent and the premise is strong. Actually interesting gameplay loop. Characters are varied and intersting. Good mix of content. Very excited for future updates on this one. Shows extreme promise.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

BiggumusMaximus

Game is too reliant on RNG to the point where you have to constantly save and reload and pray you get the right event. Then there's deadlines that lead to an automatic game over with little to no warning.

The writing is also pretty terrible. The main character is a spineless coward who exists to get cucked but the developer's Mary Sue Andras, who himself comes off a bumbling retard despite the writer's attempts at making him a credible villain. Even if you're a fan of NTR this game is pretty lackluster in every aspect so far. Maybe wait a couple of years until the game has a solid foundation and tolerable writing.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Bawb

One of my all time favorite H games! Deeeeeep story elements, unique characters, and choices that truly effect what you see are propped up with original artwork and an engaging interface. While it is an unfinished product there is still easily 8 plus hours of gameplay that rarely feels grindy.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Patolino

One of the best!
    I loved the game play, the art is fenomenal! The fantasy story, the characters and the HUGE amount of options are very good!
    It isn't clear how to trigger some events and It would be nice to have a way to check the main objectives, tough.
    I love the submission path that this games takes you on or you could accept the dark side from the begining. Too many possibilities...
    It has a high replay rate to discover new options!
    Some times you have so many things to do that you just get lost exploring and finding events. Some good, some bad, some I have found only once and then the game has always a new hidden surprise!
    Congrats dev team!
    for me your work is breewing a master piece!
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Netorious

Very nicely done nice dialogues nice drawings!!! Need more NTR and some bugs are occasionally found :(
    Other than that it is very well made in all other aspects! The story flows good and it is somewhat original!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Cervixpunch

One of the best games on the site. Helayna and Alexia are stupidly hot and I cannot get enough scenes with either. There's also plenty of monster girls ranging from goblins to something called a Dragon Ogre which I had to look up as I didn't even know what one was, her scene was great. Basically there is a ton of content already/
  9. A
    5.00 star(s)

AlphaHawk

I absolutely love this game, the monster girl content is great, the netorare is completely optional, as is all the sexual content. There is an update at least every month, hope the dev keeps up the good work, can't wait for the next update.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

A360

The art is mostly great and is sometimes outright fantastic. There's plenty of scenes in it already. What's important to note is technically this game is very early on. It's one of the more ambitious games on here and if it gets finished it'll be huge. I thought Rosaria was the only realm we'd play until recently, what they actually plan is big. The characters are also good some are probably my favorites from this site outside of Where the Heart is and Acting Lessons.

There's some great scenes there is certainly no shortage of things to fap to and the fact they're well drawn and described helps. There is also a great variety of scenes and there's multiple races. Which is refreshing considering how many incest and/or corruption games on here where the kinkiest act in them is a footjob. It's fun to have something a bit different. Everything is also stoppable as well. As in basically every scene is avoidable if you don't want it to happen.

I also like the fact that you're not the most powerful individual you work for the twins under duress at first. However, a big part of the game is the fact Rowan and his wife can end up liking the roles they have under them. Rowan going from hero to villain seems inevitable simply because it offers him so much more freedom, power, wealth and respect than he ever got as a hero.

It does have problems though the first I'd call a big one the second is more pure personal opinion. Both seem to be more because the story and games is early on.

1. The mechanics are barebones atm and not explained well. The later part is the biggest problem as it makes it a little too easy to fail the first objectives when you're new. Which is likely off putting for new players. They will work on the mechanics at some point and once you know how it works it isn't a problem but initially it is there.

2. The twins are one of the most important parts of the game, Rowan serving them willingly and becoming more corrupt is supposed to be a choice. A choice undermined because there's an imbalance between them. See both are the ones you work for and storywise they both give you a lot of power. The problem is while Jezera seems to actively want and tries to corrupt the player morally and sexually even if that means giving him power over others. Andras on the other hand seems to want Rowan to betray them by keep been a dickhead. A couple of scenes where Andras and Rowan kick ass in a battle together or fuck someone together wouldn't go amiss. If you're going to work with them in the game there has to be a reason to do so for both twins.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Noumen

I tried this game encouraged by very good early scenes art and have to say it's epithome of cuck gay spirit. Not as insult but as a matter of fact. Only lacks incest for holy trinity.

I was the most disappointed with character writing, especially MC wife, her being pretty much just fetish trigger slobbering over guy who ruined her life, killed/burned everything she knew and is, for all that she knows in the beginning of game, actively trying to kill her supposed "love".

Random events on world map serve to artifically prolong the game while failing to build any sort of gameplay. There's a reason why people dont't actually play this game. Art Goes from great in few opening scenes to ok later, and as of now there's limited number of illustrated scenes.

Overall ambitious but bad game, art being the best and gamplay the worst points. Add 1 star if gay ntr (mostly submissive) style is your thing. And if it's not don't waste your time on this game, because that's 80% of content and main storyline.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

torkenstiem

The art work and story is very good. So many choices that lead to different scenarios. Although, I'd really like to see more of Alexia, the game still has enough content to keep me interested in future development.
  13. 2.00 star(s)

hooplah

Good art style but as soon as the game shifts from the VN style in the prologue to the management game it becomes hot mess. The UI is basically terrible, a lot of the features appear to not be fully implemented and despite paragraphs of introductory text it is never that clear what you actually have to do.

The writing is good but overly verbose. for example there is a whole scene setting up a tour of the castle when a quest indicator and things being functional would have been much better and simpler.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

madbat435

Great artwork. One of the best developers in terms of consistency. Honestly I think this guy is criminally underfunded. He always puts out great work in a timely fashion. I like that he has a wide variety of fetishes involved, all of which are avoidable. Story is good too. 10/10 game.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Closwald

I love the art style and the general premise of the game. It is refreshingly unique to only be able to make bad decisions and having to choose to lesser of two evils.

Characterisation shows great promise already and it would be great in the future to see this being implemented further with character choices having big repercussions to their convictions and morality.

Plus Alexia is waifu material
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Gomly1980

I mentioned in the thread i'm not a fan of playing the bad guy but it works here.

The world building and characters are all really well done and the choices presented have meaning.

It's not a game that gives you a choice between good or evil it only gives you a choice between being a bit of a dick or an all out bastard.

I even found myself warming up to a character I started out hating. Personalities aren't static, characters change as you go on. Change isn't the right word, they grow or open up more if you get my meaning.

It's well worth a play anyway. Even the management side of it doesn't feel too grindy,
  17. 5.00 star(s)

dancecommander12

This game has great art, both erotic and not. The erotic scenes are well written and the story is incredible. The game also features a plethora of fetishes and orientations, so there is something for everyone. Really, there is nothing else like it.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

TepidTwisTed

Lot of great ideas in the works with a pretty decent 'game' at the moment. I find myself eagerly waiting what the next .01 patch will include. Though I am biased cause of best girl Alexia. I just wish it didn't take as long to add new scenes. But since I can't putting money in the patreon I won't complain.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

TheSexinati

A good game. 5 Stars.

I am rating with five stars now. At the time of the original review, there were certain issues which have been addressed.

Such as events now being greatly fixed. No longer do we have to suffer Save-quitting for hours at a time just to Hook up with Greyhide!

So 5 out of 5.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

waxall

One of the few games where the game play and story line are fun enough to keep you engaged between the H-scenes. I'd even play this without the adult content.... But let's not go to far. It has a good mix of different fetish. You get warned so you can skip content you can't stomach. But who would want to pass up 3somes with 4 armed futa monster girls?