[R>Artist 2D] Unpaid Seeking Artist for a VN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Project:
An evolving VN called "Project MOON" was formerly known as The Magical Girl: Project Moon, but I have simplified the title. An Isekai Magical Girl futanari VN that pays homage to the Magical Girl and Isekai anime genres.

Developer:
Myself/ TheMagicalGurl
patreon.com/THEMagicalGurl

Discord: AsiaArgento#7210

Looking for:
2D Artist

Employment Type:
Unpaid, but has the possibility of flipping to paid should I get going and recieve Patreon/SS donations. I was thinking 10% was fair given how important art can be, but I am willing to negotiate. IF I would get that far.

Work commitment:
I am hoping to complete this by April to be apart of an itch.io gamejam. If not, then it is what it is.

Preferred method of contact:
Discord or DM here.

Job Description:
Artist for a passion project that pays homage to magical girl animes like Sailor Moon, Madoka Magica, Gotta be the Twintails, Tanya the Evil and Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka... and Isekais like Danmachi, Overlord, Tanya the Evil, Konosuba and Rising of the Shield Hero. I am a flighty person to work with and I have concepts in place, some might find that off putting. Plus I am an artist myself, but I suck at drawing. Like, complete shit. So, I would prefer someone competent do my art and not a computer program. I feel I could use 12 pieces of work to properly showcase my ideas. If I find a quality artist, i'd like them to work with me the whole way. Below in thread, is a link to my rough draft of the Prologue and Chapter 1. Plus concept art in Koikatsu. Thanks.

Additional comments:

If anyone answers without trolling, I would appreciate it. Maybe there is someone just as passionate about doing something different out there as I am... We will see.

I am not seeking work with anyone else unless I express interest purposely, please do not disturb me with that thanks. Please read thread for details I missed and were corrected on. I am a NEW dev never having tried this before, I'm learning everything on the fly and request patience. Doing my own game on the fly on my own with no help and I have no other help and I am also learning Renpy and its systems fully. I have room to grow and I hope people will grow with me.

Last edited:

Asia Argento

Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Yeah this is my first attempt at anything even CLOSE to this, and apparently I went into this post blind as a bat and this looks bad per a DM i'll let remain anon, but this is a want and I was hoping for generosity that I at times have been given online. It's not a need, if need be, I'll make do somehow.

Anyway, take care. (y)

kinrean

May 12, 2018
if you are looking for people to be generosity , people can only help 1 or 2 art

starting a project and geting people to help is not hard, the harder part is making people to stay. as there is no reason for anyone to stay long. so if you want to complete your project, you must give people some reason to keep helping, and not just use their generosity only.

Asia Argento

Donor
Apr 14, 2020
if you are looking for people to be generosity , people can only help 1 or 2 art

starting a project and geting people to help is not hard, the harder part is making people to stay. as there is no reason for anyone to stay long. so if you want to complete your project, you must give people some reason to keep helping, and not just use their generosity only.
Thats why I suggested the Patreon split. Could mean big money if things work but i have nothing to front. It appears Ill have to worry about this much later at this rate.

kinrean

May 12, 2018
Thats why I suggested the Patreon split. Could mean big money if things work but i have nothing to front. It appears Ill have to worry about this much later at this rate.
if i understand right, you write 10% of the patreon, and 10% is very little . and you want people to spend so much time on thing that they don't know how much they can earn and only for 10% ,
well good luck, i will say better show some of the story and hope the artist will stay for the story then for money that they may never see.

Asia Argento

Donor
Apr 14, 2020
if i understand right, you write 10% of the patreon, and 10% is very little . and you want people to spend so much time on thing that they don't know how much they can earn and only for 10% ,
well good luck, i will say better show some of the story and hope the artist will stay for the story then for money that they may never see.
“But I am willing to negotiate”

So… I was saying that was initial offer and that could change. After posting that, I realized I might have to go 40%, but 40% of zero right now is still zero. Its a gamble but thats up to the artist. I am thinking I might finish it all in Alpha and if it finds success and I got the ability to hire an artist, I might have to redo it with better art. If my finances allowed for a better offer, i would do it.

kinrean

May 12, 2018
“But I am willing to negotiate”

So… I was saying that was initial offer and that could change. After posting that, I realized I might have to go 40%, but 40% of zero right now is still zero. Its a gamble but thats up to the artist. I am thinking I might finish it all in Alpha and if it finds success and I got the ability to hire an artist, I might have to redo it with better art. If my finances allowed for a better offer, i would do it.
it is always a gamble, and as i say, getting people is not hard , is making people stay, so people may see your project is good and stay. but for me i will not join as i see that you still got alot of thing to learn.

BGC

Feb 7, 2023
You might want to clean up your itch page lmao

Also, you didn't really say anything about the project or concepts that you have, you only said that you have them.

Realistically, you want the artist to give you months worth of work for free, so might be good idea to lure them with more than just a barebones description.

Good luck anyway

1678017114703.png

Asia Argento

Donor
Apr 14, 2020
You might want to clean up your itch page lmao

Also, you didn't really say anything about the project or concepts that you have, you only said that you have them.

Realistically, you want the artist to give you months worth of work for free, so might be good idea to lure them with more than just a barebones description.

Good luck anyway

View attachment 2440216
1. That's an ancient profile that badly needed an update. I cleaned it up. Not alot. At least got rid of my old Femshep background from when I was a non-dev 2 years+ ago and made it as it should be. Barebones, there isnt really much to say right now for there. I am focusing more effort (here) where I am known and expanding from there. I'll see if I need to do more later, I am a one man army working 40 hours, my man. I think it can be slightly excused with this hobby being a defacto second job.

I did poke fun of myself for a reason.

2. You mean the rough draft I am converting/editing/cleaning up into a VN right now? The concept arts from Koikatsu I have dropped in the same thread that I should link. https://f95zone.to/threads/the-magical-girl-project-moon.149561/

Problem solved. I didnt want to use HS/KP for my VN, but it appears most likely to be what happens until I leave alpha.

3. I will need it. I am thinking my hailmary attempt here was extremely off the mark. Like in another county from my intended target but well, it was worth a shot. "The only dumb question is the one not asked" is what I say.

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.