[R>Artist 3D] [R>Programmer] Paid Share Seeking coder/artist/etc for long-term serious project (please read details) (September 2021)

Phoebe44

Jul 6, 2021
Please read everything carefully, and those with serious interest, please feel free to contact directly on this site. If things progress, I will provide Discord/other means of further communication with the developer. I am kind of pasting the message, etc. Will require a non-disclosure agreement to go over very specific things.

Project:
- The developer is currently doing another Daz/Renpy visual novel that is doing roughly 2k+ per month right now. Due to the content of the game and Patreon terms, there is a need to move on a new idea in the very near future -- i.e. this project advertisement here.

- Project currently has the main writer/artist (dev), another artist already signed on (helping with current game), and a small person (me) helping with Project Management, and later with marketing and Steam down the road, etc. This game will be much more mainstream and was the original idea of the developer before being abandoned in favor of another story idea due to scope/no experience yet, and has been planned currently for 4 seasons/chunks (roughly 3 episodes each) with the ability to continue on should the project do well. Goal will be to produce 400-500 renders a month with a two month release window for 800-1000 render updates. (story dependent of course, whatever makes sense, but rough size)

Developer:
- The developer was new with first project, but it is doing roughly 2k+ per month, which to me is really good given the niche content. I consider the story idea and the writing quality behind it to be top notch for sure. It is my personal opinion that this project will be much more successful than 2.5k a month long-term if the right team is on it, especially given what I have seen so far in the story outline. Game will likely right off the bat have a baseline support of $600-700 a month before it releases a 0.1 (a few large Patrons quietly support new project idea and are all in for it) and an opening budget to help pay initial expenses. Dev makes considerable income off of other things, so this is a labor of love idea and will be very enthusiastic and up for this story and wants to ensure a team to allow it to be the best game possible and will not feel financial pressure early on, etc. Develop will commit to seeing how 3 or 4 updates go to see if things seem fun and project seems good, etc.

Looking for:
1. Coder/Programmer: For the following, in order of importance:
A. Basic Stat/Character UI - Listing say 6 major traits, and skills underneath them related to that trait. (Easy example could be say the trait is Charm - and some skills under them would be things like Seduction, Lovemaking, Persuasion, Haggling, etc) Being able to update the UI as choices are made in game, etc. So imagine a basic character picture with skills listed, etc.
B. Phone UI - main menu phone UI -- also phone UI application for messaging/pics in phone, choices showing different phone conversations, etc. (not super hard/complex)
C. Romantic Interests UI - updated basic choices/information and relation stats as game/choices progress.
D. Laptop UI - for specific information presented to protagonist, possibly online shop items for specific need
E. Basic Jukebox Function - to play desired music if players do not like the selected music for scenes.
F. Basic free roam mode coding (will not be major part of story at all, but limited parts, maybe a good example of this is Being a DIK)
G. Other basic coding as needed (dev can do coding as well, so this would not be a completely solo act, but ensuring things can flow well and get done)
2. Artist/Animator: Ability to do Daz Studio renders in good quality, with a good quality rig in particular if needed for larger scenes with more people/assets. (please share your rig and other relevant info) So you would be the third person doing some art overall. High preference for someone that can do animation just because it allows more flexibility.
3. "Story Brain" - Hard to describe this, but the developer would like a bright and intelligent person to bounce plot ideas/story points, proofreading, more on the writing side assistance. The developer would prefer a male perspective for this role but is open to anyone that can do well. For this specific position, developer will be very strict -- will expect a real education and background to not waste time, etc. Developer is a 1500 SAT/elite academic education background so will expect an impressive person to talk to, etc. Will actually be toughest on this position because it's so easy to apply and say they can do it in a sense, so keep this in mind.

Employment Type:
1. Open to a lot of ideas, depends on scope -- either flat fee or consider a share in game income (I personally believe the latter is the best long-term, but the former better short-term)
2. Desire to pay per render/animation, open to other ideas depending on scope/ability. Proposed scope of work initially is pondering 200 renders/2-3 animations a month (out of 3 people covering maybe 400-500 renders/animations)
3. Very scope dependent -- prefer this person become a true partner in game if meshes well. So prefer a game share long-term but open to anything. (Expect this position to be hardest to fill given what I know of dev.)

For all three positions, will consider for the right person long-term partnerships, bonuses, it's highly dependent on how game does and scope of work, etc. Dev is already doing well financially, so will not treat people poorly, but obviously wants the project to be able over time to pay for everything. Please be very specific about what you are seeking for possible ideas with payment and how to pay. (prefer Paypal, open to say Payoneer) This will NOT require full-time hours or anything, so most can probably juggle multiple things and still help this project out.

Work commitment:

Scope of game is intended to be roughly 400-500 renders a month with two month release windows. Scope will vary dependent on role, but designed to be a long-term partnership with the right people. Proposed team overall: Dev, Project Manager (me)/Marketing/Running Patreon/Discord, 2 Artists/Animators to assist dev, 1 Coder to Assist Dev, 1 Story Brain to assist dev (dev will do a little of everything but in a balanced way to maintain main income)

Preferred method of contact:
For initial contact, please directly contact me on this site with a PM. I will take it from there.

Additional comments:
Thank you for reading something so long.

Last edited: