[R>Programmer] Paid Seeking Renpy coder for basic choice/conditional coding...

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Thanks for the offer! The game you have in your profile pic (I think it's GGGB) is my literal inspiration, a female dev that made a fun game filled with real choice! No way I make anything that good, but it's inspirational to me all the same and I don't know if I would have tried this at all without a female example in a male dominated dev world it seems! :)
I have no coding knowledge, but GGGB seems like one of the most complex games in terms of variables and flags. The sheer number of possible game states is pretty insane.

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
buy the games on dlsite (why should i give you games i have bought) also either people is lazy or just stupid
site
as you can see is free and pro license is sold on dlsite and steam besides i asked show me one finished project that is finished on renpy and doesnt use daz or honeyselect and there is none (winds disciple was rushed up and claimed finished but is lacking and akabur games are known for being unfinished) so who is trolling the ones that use renpy or he hundreds of finished games made on tyranobuilder
Do you not know how to use the filters in the forum to find all of the completed Ren'py games?

https://f95zone.to/latest/#/cat=games/page=1/prefixes=7,18

Tyrano games don't run on Linux.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I have no coding knowledge, but GGGB seems like one of the most complex games in terms of variables and flags. The sheer number of possible game states is pretty insane.
Yeah, I've never seen a better game in terms of pure variety of choices! I think it would take forever - with this art style I am using which I think takes much longer to render image by image - to replicate that many images and decisions so deeply, but I still hope to create some narrative choices that branch to different outcomes.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I think I can state these dates with 90% confidence now...assuming a step along the way doesn't discover a big problem or change, etc.

April 20-21ish: Testers (Friends/Family, also shocked but 2 Patrons too!)
April 25th: Release on page for Patreon
May 1: Release here on F95 to let people try it too :) (I decided to release it on May 1 here just in case people like it and want to sign up on Patreon, I don't want them charged on April 30 then May 1 again so quickly. That's just not my style. I'd like to pay back the assets I bought for sure, but honestly I'm doing ok financially and this would be only side income unless it went nuts so I really don't feel the pressure to try and gouge people, etc.)

Last few images and I need to get to finishing everything!! :)

testfile7-12.jpg testfile22.jpg testfile102.png testfiledpath23.jpg

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
So, you are... A girl?0о
Yes, so I'm actually worried about a lot of things for male players seeing this but here are just two examples!

1. How the girls look, I am not sure men like them the same way I do, my tastes might be different but I tried my best. (this is why I am trying to save 1-2 major characters - I introduce about I think 7-8 major characters for 0.1 - for 0.2 for Patreons to help create for looks)
2. Guy dialogue, I wrote some dialogue between for example two male friends, and I definitely worry about that too! I tried to have one of them crack for example a "male" joke and it will probably bomb, etc.

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Yes, so I'm actually worried about a lot of things for male players seeing this but here are just two examples!

1. How the girls look, I am not sure men like them the same way I do, my tastes might be different but I tried my best. (this is why I am trying to save 1-2 major characters - I introduce about I think 7-8 major characters for 0.1 - for 0.2 for Patreons to help create for looks)
2. Guy dialogue, I wrote some dialogue between for example two male friends, and I definitely worry about that too! I tried to have one of them crack for example a "male" joke and it will probably bomb, etc.
About tastes, there isn't really a standard, a man can have a taste different from another, same for women, some like curves others like flats others milfs others petites... Make them look good in your eyes and you are good to go ;)

Male jokes, well... In my case, male friends conversation is always based on "insulting" each other and knowing that it's all a joke.

Man in front of each other - dude.. You suck...
Man on each other back - that guy is awesome..

Something like that :LOL:

**Edit: BTW I'm a male and I find your girls pretty good looking :sneaky:

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018

Your models look good.

I worry about writing women's erotica, so I read it a lot to get immersed in it.

Men are simple. Not stupid but simple. We're not very verbal unless we're nervous or very excited. And generally, we don't talk about our feelings or dreams near as much as women do.

If you want someone to look at your dialog and give feedback, I would be happy to assist.

D

Deleted member 1550525

That's much more hotter then and, what's really important and different, more interesting) Good luck with your game

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
About tastes, there isn't really a standard, a man can have a taste different from another, same for women, some like curves others like flats others milfs others petites... Make them look good in your eyes and you are good to go ;)

Male jokes, well... In my case, male friends conversation is always based on "insulting" each other and knowing that it's all a joke.

Man in front of each other - dude.. You suck...
Man on each other back - that guy is awesome..

Something like that :LOL:

**Edit: BTW I'm a male and I find your girls pretty good looking :sneaky:
Very fair, I guess tastes are pretty unique but I always have the feeling that I somehow will miss an obvious look/characteristic that most men would like and I just don't have it. :)

One example the other way is that I rarely hear men worry about how their butt looks, but plenty of women do talk about it a lot. :)

Reactions: Kthulian

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Your models look good.

I worry about writing women's erotica, so I read it a lot to get immersed in it.

Men are simple. Not stupid but simple. We're not very verbal unless we're nervous or very excited. And generally, we don't talk about our feelings or dreams near as much as women do.

If you want someone to look at your dialog and give feedback, I would be happy to assist.
That's great that you read from that perspective! I agree about men not being as verbally open, I'm pretty good with that overall. The best man I have ever met from a communication standpoint barely verbalizes much but is an exceptional listener and can empathize very well with specific body language/statements, etc.

I probably should have asked for more help earlier but I'm basically done now so I might just use 0.1 as a guinea pig test result and see what happens! I hope I will be much better by the time I get to say a 0.5, as I feel just the learning curve on the tech/Daz/Renpy/coding was a LOT to try and figure out in a few months. I don't think I've even ever READ a line of code - must less used it - before this, so that alone to me was a big deal! I'm amazed I went hard from Feb 18 and got this far, and thanks!

Last edited:

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Last post for a few days! Finished literally now, showing a few trusted people today. I have been editing a lot while going, so I think I can make April 21,25, May 1 as stated before assuming I figure out how to compile the Renpy game and zip file it, etc. (I am so tech deficient hee hee)

Last picture and hope you all enjoy it later! testfile412.png

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Last post for a few days! Finished literally now, showing a few trusted people today. I have been editing a lot while going, so I think I can make April 21,25, May 1 as stated before assuming I figure out how to compile the Renpy game and zip file it, etc. (I am so tech deficient hee hee)

Last picture and hope you all enjoy it later! View attachment 625402
Good to know ;)
BTW, compile renpy game --> renpy menu --> build distributions --> windows/mac/linux --> play ;)

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I just released a Test Version 0.1! I actually have two Patrons at that level and a few other RL friends looking at it, so I hope there are not glaring issues before I try releasing it on the 25th to normal Patrons! It's a very nervous and scary moment for me as this is WAY outside my normal comfort zone, but it's been so fun doing this that I don't care!

My final numbers roughly:
Words: 18,600
Renders: About 450 (I am not counting about 15-20 from the introduction which is just me, hee hee)
Size: 639MB

There are some scenes that are impossible to get on one set of choices, so try another path if you like! Be careful, a path or two is quite dark so avoid those if that is not your cup of tea!

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Great to know you're doing it!! 450 images is quite good for a first launch and 18,600 words? Damn!
Like I told you before, if you want me to take a look at your code or anything about your game feel free to link it to me by PM here or discord, I'll be happy to give you my honest opinions on it ;)

Reactions: TessSadist

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Based on the feedback I have gotten so far, I am feeling like releasing it a day earlier for my Patrons on April 24th instead of the 25th. I am waiting for one last feedback (badly needed because it's a female so I really want her opinion from her own perspective as the others are male so far) but I think I'm just going to do it anyway tomorrow.

Reactions: Arthas12