[R>Programmer] Paid Seeking Ren'Py Programmer for game functionality.

PandaLulz

Assets Grabber
Uploader
Aug 18, 2017
Project:
The League (Development Thread).

Developer:
PandaLulz.

Looking for:
Ren'Py Programmer.

Employment Type:
Fixed Quote.

Work commitment:
Initial project with outlook for recurring.

Preferred method of contact:
Private Message via F95.

Job Description:
I'm looking for a programmer that is able to provide me with ingame functionality that I can then take on and expand upon...

Needing assistance in developing:
  1. Ability to move around rooms (clicking doors etc) / jump to locations on a map / (and) world map (not just a town).
  2. Functionality for a gallery which would have character pages within them, extra images would unlock through certain parts of the story.
  3. Character Profile section within the menu which would give a biography of the characters in the game, as you come across them, and also show recent milestones of those individual characters.

Additional comments:
I am looking for an individual (or individuals) to help me create these sort of features for my game, this game is non-commercial (no patreon, maybe donations later) so I am looking for initial, fixed pricetags to create this sort of functionality. I would love it if we can create something longterm together, my knowledge of Ren'Py is limited and may need help along the way :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Butleruri and jon95

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
About point 1.

Do you mean a RPGM-style of movement with collisions and such, or more akin to games such as Summertime Saga? (So click a point and go there).

PandaLulz

Assets Grabber
Uploader
Aug 18, 2017
About point 1.

Do you mean a RPGM-style of movement with collisions and such, or more akin to games such as Summertime Saga? (So click a point and go there).
Point & Click, navigate through rooms via doors, select a book-shelve for a little bit of dialog, that kind of thing. Also need to understand a way in how to ensure that the story isnt fudged because people visit a room constantly and skip ahead kind of thing. (Like I said, my Ren'Py knowledge is pretty basic, as can be seen in the demo on the linked thread :D)

Edit: Altered that bit of text a tiny bit in the original post.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Point & Click, navigate through rooms via doors, select a book-shelve for a little bit of dialog, that kind of thing. Also need to understand a way in how to ensure that the story isnt fudged because people visit a room constantly and skip ahead kind of thing. (Like I said, my Ren'Py knowledge is pretty basic, as can be seen in the demo on the linked thread :D)

Edit: Altered that bit of text a tiny bit in the original post.
It should be quite easy then... You could use: https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...compiler-console-developer-menu-enabler.3083/
to look at the code of games that do such thing (Gallery, map movement, and so on).

Butleruri

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
I can directly help and or do it for you if you need. I have a 45-minute demo showing the GUI functionality you asking for If you want to see my code in action.

Winterfire you are right that it is easy to do, and there are plenty of visual guides for point click system, but I am sure this person looked through those tutorials and decided to try to hire a tutor instead.

1.) I can help you build a smooth point-click screen or image map systems using either the in-game language or python.

-I'm understanding you want the player to be able to interact with world objects, doors people by clicking yes?
-im also understanding you want world maps that can be accessed smoothly throughout the story without hindering in-game scenes yes?

2.) This is my favorite thing to do. I can make a simple GUI and background script that works exactly as you ask. The same method can also be copy-pasted and tweaked to make, a quest journal, and other guides/status pages in-game.

3.)This is done similarly as step 2, and you can separate them in different individual menus, or combine them into a [main menu] like function.

I have knowledge in both renpy or unity, so if you're looking long term I can help transition any of your ideas smoothly between engines.

I can work fixed prices as you asked at your leisure. Since I am currently living in a third world country hiring me full time would only be 100$ a week if you simply want me to develop the game for you. Of course, the price is negotiable and a lot cheaper if you want me to help out little by little.

Of course I worked with teams and theater scripts so I can properly document and teach my code so that anyone can pick it up with no hassle if you choose I am no longer fit to work for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winterfire

relick

May 22, 2019
i am interested!, i am a senior programmer and i have a lot of experience in dev for businesses, i have a lot of experience in python, dm me!