VN Ren'Py self-voice order

TheXXXMan

Mar 11, 2018
Does anyone know how to get the self-voice to be in the normal order for Lucky Janitor game? For some reason when self-voice is enabled the text is read first followed by the character name, normally for other games it would be the Character name followed by the text. thanks

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
For some reason when self-voice is enabled the text is read first followed by the character name, [...]
It's just a logical guess, but I picture Ren'Py simply reading in the order of appearance in the screen itself. Therefore, for some reasons in this game the name is placed after the text, what lead to this issue.

How easy it is to fix totally depend on the code of the game itself.

TheXXXMan

Mar 11, 2018
if you look at the screenshots the character name is in the same place (top left above text) as other games, so it would look like it should be first like the other games.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
if you look at the screenshots the character name is in the same place (top left above text) as other games, so it would look like it should be first like the other games.
He is talking about how things are in the game code, not on the screen.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
He is talking about how things are in the game code, not on the screen.
That it, but I took a look at the game, and the screen code is the default one.

Therefore I looked further, and in fact it's a bug of Ren'Py itself, that only apply to the version 8.0, used by this game. What mean that there's not much that can be done to fix the issue.

Reactions: Meaning Less

TheXXXMan

Mar 11, 2018
That it, but I took a look at the game, and the screen code is the default one.

Therefore I looked further, and in fact it's a bug of Ren'Py itself, that only apply to the version 8.0, used by this game. What mean that there's not much that can be done to fix the issue.
Thanks, if the code screen code is default would it be possible to replace the renpy folders with a version that works. or is there a bug fix for it? the DEVs other game woks fine, i'm going to try using that renpy version and see if still woks.

Edit: replaced the Renpy and lib folders and deleted the .rpyc files just incase. it looks like that worked at least the start. will try the rest of the game and see if it's fully successful.

Last edited: