Ren'Py - Abandoned - Sensei Overnight [v0.19.0] [Pers0nas]

1. 5.00 star(s)

mineqxe

Such a cool game. Pers0nas is such a handsome guy. From a guy that likes lessons in love, this game doesnt look nor feel similar at all. As my favorite tsundere sais: You’re disgusting. Mori is by far my favorite character. It could be because I have a thing for tsunderes, but shes very cool
  2. 5.00 star(s)

turbolover

Same things make us horny, make us cry.
    Although this game doesn't have so many sex scenes, it's a great one, especially if you like plot and character development.
    I'm looking forward to see the end of this game.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Simpgor

The reasons this game gets the rating:
    The Characters: are pretty flat each girls events are essentially the same thing (mc acts weird/awkward/like someone no high school girl would talk too) before they reply with their basic trait (niece is jealous but also very disparaging, the flirt flirts by copying her sister etc)

The story: is a generic "high school harem but supernatural" and while it is not the worst in that type it is far from the best due to the quality of the story with the biggest problem being that most of the events do nothing other than to pad the time or to serve as gates for other LI progress (I hope you enjoy reading the same text over and over while trying to find out which event triggers ar which girls location)

The biggest issues: As previously mentioned one of the biggest issues is that this game lets you choose who you want to talk to when? While it sounds good to be able to avoid characters you dont like or to be able to choose in what order your story happens in you actually dont get to that. Instead you are forced to do everything to progress past a few events for anybody anyway. The second biggest issue is that this game is clearly trying to be "something" more than a quick fap but still has things like unavoidable sex objectively sexual assault against the MC) which given this games writing will undoubtedly use for manufactured drama down the line .

The reasons the game doesn't get a 1:

The writing: you wont want to claw your eyes out while trying to read engrish, or get lost in constant meme references, however you also will not get anything new or in any way novel

The music: does not "low key slap" but you probably wont mute the game for awhile atleast

This gsme does not have a niece breeding game at the start so that is worth a star if nothing else
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Musicfruit

How do I put this?
    None of the characters are really interesting for me. They are not bad, but I just couldn’t start to care for anyone of them and this is a character driven VN with not much smut. So that’s pretty much one of the worst things you could achieve. There were many events after which I just thought that it was worthless. I did not have fun with the jokes, because they are mostly quite lame and rarely have any wit or depth to them. You also didn’t really learn anything about the character or the greater mystery behind everything. Another thing that some of them were pretty short to. Why even bother?

Then the MC he is boring as well, honestly, he does not have any redeeming characteristics for me. His jokes are lame. He is not very smart or witty. He looks even incredible bland in a way that it’s even bothers me. Yes, his background has a bit of drama, but it feels also quite bland, there is just nothing to make it unique. The only two things that he has for him, are that he tends to space out and people actually react to it, which is ok but also not great and that he is not the uncle, but the nephew of a younger girl. That is the most unique aspect I found in the game, besides the birds that can communicate with you trough text.

Visually the game has also nothing unique or interesting to offer. The lewd scenes are solid, but neither good or bad.

I don’t rate the music which is mentioned in game to be quite good. So maybe the game has there some highlights and something to stand out.

Overall, the game is missing something to stand out. While you clearly can see that love and care were put into this game, they fail to make it something special. At last, for me. Yet I would advice to give it a try, maybe the jokes hit for you. Maybe you can build a connection to the characters, but it did sadly nothing for me.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

SomeGuyPhoenix

This VN is super interesting and a blast to play through, adorable characters and interesting story telling. Unique premise, supernatural elements are very well done, and the underlying weirdness keeps you constantly wondering what's gonna happen next.
    I've already recommended it to multiple people to check out.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

RelayCanada

This game is like a really good hotdog: great base, nice meat to bread ratio. I will say that this is a VN that is not for everyone. The expectations of visual novels are always up in the air, but in the most traditional sense: Sensei Overnight has soul.

Sensei Overnight's shining tower are its characters. It has characters, which take great use of stereotypes and architechs that skips slow character exposition that some VNs fall victim to. Even if a player may find a "favourite," the game allows several characters to show up in many scenes, which bolsters the growing social web that the VN is making, and does not waste the potential of other characters.

Although there is an underlying "mystery" in this VN, the story does not get too distracted. It seems like the developer knows the strengths, while still exploring potential ways the "mystery" can go. The VN does not forget what it is despite it.

This VN will not make you feel like you are embarking on some great journey, and it tries not to be revolutionary. It's just a great character-centric visual novel, that has a lot of meat on its bones.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

MoltenNeko

Words cannot express how much I enjoy this game. The story is great, the characters are so enjoyable to talk to and just really fun to interact with. And the Light events have a good balance of exposition and spoopy fun. It's a really well crafted game with a really good story line and expertly designed characters and I can't wait to play and (very much enjoy) the game when it reaches it's conclusion. (You're doing great m8 <3 )
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Tenzai

I want to change my rating after getting further.

There are plenty of similarities to LIL, but this game does things differently and is much more fun to play. The story is really good and humor is great. You can choose if you want pubic hair on or not which most games don't give the option, which is great. The only criticisms are: not enough sexual activities with students, compassion rating is practically useless because it'll build to high levels without you needing to "grind" any, and every time you open the game again you have to reread the same dialogue instead of being able to skip it like in other games. Usually in these games when you've made it past a scene you can save and close the game then open it up and do the scene again to grind or see if it's out by skipping, but you can't skip any seen dialogue after opening the game again. My rating would be a 4.5 because there needs to be more sex with students, but I'll round up to 5. Hope to see more students get sex scenes.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4406778

I played this for a very long time over a few days and I will say the storylines are pretty decent and the characters are overall funny and written in depth but there's no build up at any point towards sex scenes and that's mainly because there is no sex, I think 2 characters have sex content at the point I got to before giving up since it feels like a story on repeat even with new events you just do the same thing over and over and that's talk, I won't say it's bad if you like a well written story but for the sex side of things there's nothing other than with 2 characters

I would recommend it if you like to read but if sex is something you want then maybe wait until at least part 20 comes, that's not a diss either that's just me being realistic

Edit: decided to edit my review a little since I feel like I was being unfair to the Dev about the sex content or lack of the sex content, as I said previously, the story is well written and I do like the characters but what I also like is slow burns and after playing a few other VN's with slow burns recently I thought about this one and the review, I didn't want people reading my original review above and discourage them from trying it since it's definitely a good VN with a good story it just lacks sex content and any sort of build up towards that, that's really my only issue, if this VN was sex free and it was just story then it wouldn't be an issue but it has sex, it has relationship building but just no pay off which to me feels like getting stuck in a timeloop over and over never getting anywhere.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

torpor

Fake Japanese names are a hard turnoff.
    English grammar is not always correct.

Beyond this, it feels like I'm reading a not-very-original novel of wish fulfillment, instead of enjoying an H-game with a story that stands out.

I would take the story of the main character a little more easily if the internal monologue were hinted at rather than thrust onto you from the start. For a mysterious story, there's an awful lot of exposition.

Other people's reviews might indicate that it gets better, but the first hour of the game just hasn't hooked me at all.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

NinjaNinjaNinja

Cute models, ok story, WAY too slow of a pace and way too much filler. I've played for about 5 hours and had sex with 3 out of 20 or so girls. As far as I can see in the in game guide, for over half of those here isn't anything coming either.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Giolpo

Truth be told, I came for erotic material, but I stayed for a genuinely well-written VN. Sure, the sandbox element CAN make it a bit repetitive at times, but there's a mountain of events. Most of these events aren't erotic by nature, but explore the characters and even the MC himself. The art is nice as well to top it off.

If well-written slowburners are your thing, this might be for you.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

DarkNimex

Review For ver 0.8.0 Part 1 :

I had hopes for this game, the art is good, I hoped it would have a good story, but I quickly got bored of always doing the same thing.
    They give you the choice between staying at home, going to the common room or a hotel and some other places. where from time to time you have some dialogue. Lots of Text, if only the story of each girl was interesting, but I got quite bored, Give it a try anyway, You might have fun, I was just looking for another type of game.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

PieDevourer

Awesome game with a whole lotta charm! The characters are so unique and are written well. So far, it seems to be a slow burn so far but the story and jokes will keep you entertained along the way. I have only seen one explicit scene so far but it is far from generic and full of the charm that this game consistently shows. The developer really cares for the game and it shows. Give the game a try!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

mannice431

I was unsure about this game for a very long time, it just seemed like another cookie-cutter dating sim and nothing about it seemed to stick out.

And that still holds--for the beginning portions of the game.

This game takes a bit to get going, some games start at a peak and stay there whereas others peak and go downhill fast, this game is a complete outlier in that regard, it starts off average and progressively climbs itself up to excellence.

It won't be a surprise to say this game takes a lot of inspiration from another similar title but it slowly manages to insert its own style into the mix.

The characters are all distinctive in terms of their personality, the story eases you in without being overbearing and despite a deeper, underlying mystery surrounding our MC Janu, you never feel as though the atmosphere will get too heavy to handle (unlike a certain other game).

The beginning portions are a bit of a slog, but stick through it, the strengths of this game will start shining through soon enough.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

TheDick69+

I like this one for many reasons. The humor is my kind of humor, the girls are my kind of girls :cool: (and very different), it's easy the play if using the hint system which I do and the mc is a cool and crazy guy. Most of all I like a certain bird, so completely funny.

The graphics are also good, seen better, still worthy of a 5*. Yhe lewd scenes could also be better, but they run smoothly.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

sanserif

This has slowly but surely developed into one of my favorite games on here. Lots of distinct, well rounded characters with an increasingly interesting mystery in the background tying everything together. If you're just looking for sex scenes its best to choose something different but if you appreciate a slow burn like I do its a game whose updates you'll eagerly await.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Ksarsi

I started playing this game a long time ago, as for me it is one of the best among similar ones. I strongly advise you to play it!

I promise that if you try it, you will not be disappointed.
    By the way, this game is being translated into Russian!
  19. 5.00 star(s)

crisscr0ssapplesauces

This game is amazing and, to be honest, one of my favorite visual novels out there (which seems to be a pretty unpopular opinion among the other reviews).

From the beginning, I find the story to be engaging and well-written. Others have complained about there being too much inner monologue but (for me personally), I find that to be what kinda draws me in. It makes me feel a bit more... connected to the protagonist I guess. Others have also complained that it can get repetitive after a while and you kinda just wander around aimlessly. I agree with this but (unless you've actually finished the update and just don't know it, in which case I reccomend you check the journal to double check) just keep trying and you'll get it. Someone else also mentioned that the MC got a job he's not qualified for. Yeah. He did. But first of all... it is a fucking visual novel. It's not supposed to be realistic all the time. Second of all, I honestly think that he might be what some of the girls need (and no, I don't mean that in a sexual way). I also find the humor in this game to actually be pretty good! It's one of the few visual novels that have actually made me laugh out loud. One last note, to progress the story, you have to actually interact with the other characters in locations like the dorm rooms or by tutoring them. You can't just sit on your ass and expect the story to come to you.

The characters are pretty likable too. Yes, they can be a bit tropey sometimes but I honestly don't give a flying shit about that kind of stuff. They have personality, stereotype or not.

Regarding choices in this game. Some of them most definitely affect the story and anyone (cough cough) who says otherwise obviously didn't play much of the game (honestly if you're gonna make a review on a game, play the whole thing, otherwise don't bother) or didn't pay any attention.

Now about sexual content. This game honestly focuses more on it's story (so if you've come to fap run along) but it still has a decent amount of it (if you're willing to actually play the game).

As for music, it's great. They're all pretty catchy and I can vibe to 'em.

All in all, this is a game that I personally enjoy a lot. I know I've been a total white knight but whatever.

Fucking. Five. Stars. Bitches.

P.S. Pers0nas, if you're reading this, I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope you're doing well.

P.P.S. Don't know if the P.S. goes against the Reviewing Rules but uh... fuck it.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

DonVipAlphonso

I am reviewing the 0.5.0 part one.

Okay, why the 5 stars? The answer is simple. The characters are adorable, their story is interesting, the setting seems fun.

The bad side of this game is that it gets repetetive and sometimes it is confusing. Sometimes you dont know what to do next.

Beside that I still think this is a great piece of VN and I hope that the dev comes back to it really soon.

I have not encoutered any bug that prevented me from completing the game.

The music in this one is also great. It is fitting the theme. Some pieces were stuck in my head.