RPGM - Completed - SEQUEL awake [v1.10] [Leaf Geometry]

1. 5.00 star(s)

miguel1123411

Gameplay was really fun, h scenes were great too. Genuinely a really great game that I think needs more attention. They have a lot of different body types which is great and the art style is pretty good. The story is actually really solid which you don't really expect nowadays
  2. 5.00 star(s)

SuccubusNun

This is the second part of this awesome series. It changed a little from the previous part, but still remained the same:
    - Offers actually JRPG gameplay with challenges and 20~ hours of gameplay
    - Still has lot of H content, buy may feel lacking due the length of the game
    - Graphics are still gorgeous and pleasing to the eyes
    - The world building is still interesting and I still want to know more.

There are some differences to the previous part. Here are the positives:
    + There are some QoL changes
    + more characters
    + the story got more interesting.
    + Even more characters with ever more unique personalities and relationships
    + Each character has their own play style and build options instead of any character being able to be anything. I've put this into positives, because it makes all characters more unique instead of having 4 same characters with different skins.

Maybe some negatives came in too such as:
    - With more characters there may be more total number of scenes, but each individuals have less scenes, so if you really like a character instead of a 5+5 scenes option you only have 3+3.
    - With the less scenes a character is not as fleshed out like a character from the previous part. The total knowledge we get from all the characters is more than the previous game, but just like in the previous point the individual characters got less content.

I liked the first game better than this one, but this is still good enough to get 5 stars from me. I hope to see more H games with actual RPG gameplay like this game.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Pakarun

If you're looking for a solid JRPG with well done classic turn based combat, this is a very good option, but if you're just looking for H content, this might leave you wanting.

This game is focused on being a good game first, treating the erotic scenes as an extra spice rather than the focus. The combat and progression are fun and engaging throughout the game, you have a huge roster of characters and a wide variety of gear options to equip them with, each character and set of hand items (weapons, shields, foci, etc.) having their own skills that play off of each other to always give the player several approaches to making a working team. Combat is fairly engaging when you're at the power level the game expects you to be at, it can be a little bit punishing but good use of buffs and abilities will get you through almost everything with very minimal grind. You always have a team that can work with a variety of tactics, and the game has a cheap respec option you unlock partway through which lets you really experiment if you want to. Healer tanks, enemy CC and skill shutdown, just melting the enemy before they can hurt you, and many more tactics are valid uses of party members that work with the right gear and support. There's a lot of play in the battle system, and there are a fair few fights for you to engage in that system with. Fights are enjoyable from beginning to end, or at least they were for me. This is a game that does not need H content to sell itself.

That being said, the H content is decent, but there are better games out there if that's all you're here for. That is not to say it's poor quality, the drawings are expressive and the limited animation and sound, as well as the time you spend with the characters involved, add a fair bit to what would otherwise just be some lewd sketches. For the most part, there are three scenes per character, each of which consisting of one or two drawings with text descriptions, with a few extra scenes throughout the story of the game. They are nice, but nothing all that special on their own. The way the H scenes relate to the game is better than how many other games handle their H content. There are some rare 'lose for H' scenes in the game but you don't lose anything for losing those fights, and there is an item to drop your party, so they are inoffensive. The majority of H scenes are obtained by progressing through the story, engaging with the crafting system, and talking to your party members. This is a great way of implementing the H scenes that encourages the player to get invested in the characters and gameplay if they want to see those characters in bed, and that bit of interaction helps give some investment to the scenes, making them much more impactful than if they just randomly occurred because a bee hit you too hard.

With a solid combat system, a minimal grind, and some fair quality CGs, this is an easy recommend to people who like JRPGs and browse this site.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Crestrial

Gameplay is.. ehh, very standard for an RPGmaker game. Either you like turn based RPGs or you'll get bored of it fast. It doesn't do anything groundbreaking. Still, at the very least it does it well throughout most of the game I suppose. I say most because the difficulty will occasionally make an odd spike before going right back down.

I don't know Sequel's overarching story. So looking at just this exclusively... Man the story really sucks haha. "Hey lets go fight this extremely powerful person we stand no chance against because this girl we just met wants to." That was the first bruh moment and certainly wasn't the last. Throughout the story you will constantly have things suddenly shoved into the story that are too convenient or inconvenient.
    Let me give two examples.
    There are warp stations in the game, but you can only warp to ones you've been to. Way later in the game, there is a location in the game you wish to go to and one of your party members has been there before, but aww shucks! Suddenly it's explained that you can't warp there because uh.. uhh.. You can't warp that far! Yeah so, there you go! Gottem! Perhaps this would've been better information to introduce at the start then at the end of the game???
    Okay so you're at the final boss, but oh no! He's literally invincible! Damn.. But oh wait, what if we just erase him? Haha oh yeah. Okay let's do that. But oh no! He got to the erase thing first! Damn... Oh wait, conveniently enough, he can't erase us! LOL rekt. But damn... if we erase him our journey meant nothing, so we should just kill him. Oh wait, we can't kill him because he's invincible. Damn! But wait, a party member suddenly just knows that if we just put mana on him, he'll die! What a suddenly convenient solution that we could've done from the start! Okay he's dead dab.
    I'd the think the story was written by a 9 year old if it wasn't an adult game. It was close to giving me an aneurysm.

Art and scenes are good. Some of the girls are good. Most of their personalities are pretty much written on the wall with no real complexity. What I mean is, most of the harem is akin to The Seven Dwarves. You've got Sleepy, Lusty, Aloofy, Happy, Dopey, and Smarty (but has a penis).

All that said, it's not really a bad game, just an average one with some highs and lows.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Rinter

One of the few RPGM games I've played all the way through, and a top fave.

The whole sex aspect of the game isn't anything ground breaking really, but it made it up for me in its lovely characters and all the slice of life dialog along the way.

There's a key focus on the whole monster-girl aspect here, especially in the dialog. I haven't played the other SEQUEL games but those all seem far more human centric than this one.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

TheTimeHasCumAndSoHaveI

still my fav rpg maker game series of all time, rich cast of characters, art that i love, fun combat, a cool story and dialogue is well done and fun , my words wouldnt do this game justice, but i absolutely love it.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Axelshadow

Simply put, this game is an excellent MonGirl Harem Game. Combat's fine (with some sprinkles of challenges), sexy scenes are good, AND it gives the player enough freedom to take things easy. Good game for casual. Oh and the story's decent too, that's a plus.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

greenlittleman

Honestly, even though I like monster girls, but I'm not really interested in femdom, it just doesn't feel right to me. I played this game solely for the story and gameplay and it was totally worth it. Surprisingly, characters are rather interesting as well, girls have distinct personalities and their interactions are very entertaining. MC here is mute and barely participates in the story, it feels more like a story about a bunch of cute girls going on a grand quest than a harem, but it is fine. Moreover, surprisingly, not all sex scenes are femdom, many (if not most, IDK as I didn't check all the scenes) of them are rather vanilla with a girl being proactive instead of dominating or sadistic.

I didn't play the prequel (for some reason I thought that this game was a prequel and Sequel Blight is a sequel, lol), but I didn't miss anything in the plot, so I guess it doesn't really matter in which order you play this series. Boss fights in this game are really enjoyable and require a certain level of strategy, there are a lot of characters and skills to choose from, a lot of combinations. My only complaint about the gameplay would be that "normal" is the highest difficulty available and even though bosses are rather challenging, but ordinary encounters all end in one turn on auto-battle. I think this game needs a hard difficulty where HP of monsters is at least 50% higher, as even bosses die rather quickly in most cases even if they could kill you very fast as well, lol.

This game is more than 20 hours long even if you don't try to get a 100% completion. Those are more than 20 hours of superb JRPG gameplay, engaging story (though the main antagonist and the ending are kind of lackluster, it compensates by post-ending content), and cute girls. I personally enjoyed this more than some other popular JRPGs like FF4.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Munta kun

Alright lads if you just want something quick to jerk off to then this game ain't for you. However, I'm going to tell you how to get the girls as fast as possible because I wasted too much time trying to romance some of these girls and I'm not going to let you suffer the same fate.

The game will give you a hint on house to get more intimate with each girl. A lot of the time it will say that you need to further your adventure. Continue the story to unlock the relevant dialogue. HOWEVER, once you beat the game, some characters will still have this line. That's because it's a lie. Some characters just have this line on them but you can fully romance them. Just beat the main quest and the one major side quest you unlock after for the final romance partner. Also, you might want to cheat. It requires you to raise certain stats and the fastest way is to spam the right gift over and over which gets real expensive real fast.

P.S. if you like feet then this game has you covered. As someone without a foot fetish, the content didn't make me recoil in disgust so regular people can at least ignore it.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

RenéDescartes

After spending 20 hours of gameplay, i felt like doing a review of it. Gonna try to be as objective and brief as possible. Without further ado, let's go:

Pros:

Story related stuff: It's really good for the most, specially the beggining parts, however from the middle of it and onwards the story falls a little in its quality but it's still way better than many stuff i have played around rather.

Now talking about the characters, they all have their own personality and are distinct from each other, which makes it almost impossible that there is not a type of girl you don't like in this game, there's even a femboy / trap in it for those who enjoy such things.

Gameplay: It follows a standard style of turn-based RPG, using the best that the engine where it was made can offer. You have 10 playable characters, however you can only use 4 during fights, and of these 4 only 3 you can actually change, as Kuruha cannot leave the main group. The game gives you complety control to make whatever paarty team you want to fit your gameplay sytle or for you to make the best strategies with comes in your mind, with makes me strongly recommend you doing a blind ( without a guide ) playthrough.

Unfortunately games are not perfect, which obviously includes this one. Here i will mention the things that bothered me most during my game.

Cons:

Hentai Scenes: Very basic and generic if compared to the rest of the game, it makes me think that the developers really spent more time making other stuff like history and gameplay, and when it came the time to make the hentai content, they just decided to make it in the most basic way and less time consuming. They are not animated, there is no voice acting even if it were just sexual moans. Also, this not part of the con thing, but you are a 100% SUB MALE, the girls to whatever they want with you and you just stays there and accept it all like the horny perverted you are. So if you are here for the hentai and want to be dominant type, don't even botter playing it.

Dating system: With "dating system" I mean the internal system of the game to achieve the hentai scenes with the characters. It's one of thoose things that seems really cool on concept but not much in practice, since you will waste many hours of your life just do adiquire basic hentai scenes that aren't worth of your time you want to unlock.

There are tips on how to achieve more intimacy with all girls, they are reasonably specific. However, I'm pretty sure that some scenes are only accessible after the main campaign ends, which is a shame as it directly affects the next game downside.

No multiple endings: It would be really cool if there were multiple endings, and precisely this dating system could create a specific ending with each character, because you can literally marry one of them, but unfortunately it doesn't affect the gameplay or the plot at all.

Final Thoughts: Even with these defects, it's still one of the best experiences i had with a hentai game made in the RPG Maker, the story and gameplay alone already make the game worth playing, but unfortunately its hentai content interferes a little in the quality of the final product and consequently in on the note. For that reason i give this game a solid 4 stars.

PS: Sheila is the best girl (Both in gameplay and personality)
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Tovarishch69

This is the first review i´ve done so i will try to keep it simple and polished.

Pros:

1. Story - Very interesting, with some plottwists here and there, also worth noting that every place you visit has sidequests that allow you to take a break from the main storyline while developing your relationship with your companions and the lore of the world you are playing in; if you pay attention there are small details that hint towards the origin of the world and yourself. Its also worth pointing out that the game continues after beating the final boss and the credits roll, giving you a feel of fullfilment and allowing you to travel some more with your cute companions, and of course to lewd them to your hearts content as well, i find this form of storytelling quite alluring.

2. Characters - In both appearance and personality the 10 main characters offer a wide variety of choices, loli-like characters are your thing? there are several you can romance and get kinky with, are big boobs more your cup of tea? the game delivers! In terms of personalities you have just as big a variety, you wont find overlaping characters in this game.

3. Gameplay - Battles are classic rpg turn based fights, u can have a max of 4 combatants at any given moment; one of them cant be removed tho, all characaters have a specific role they excel at and their stats reflect this, the skill trees are very complex (in a good sense) allowing for detailed strategies, combos and formations depending on the enemies you are facing, which change depending on the region you are currently at.

4. Art style - Scores very high IMO, the characters are beautiful and appeal to many fetishes and/or interests, not much else to say about this.

5. H-content - The scenes are great and what you see is tightly related to the character you are interacting with, just don´t expect to be taking the lead very often, in this world its the girls who are in charge, the mood is set very nicely and the BGM although repetitive and LOUD, hits the spot right on. While not animated the quality is undeniable. Plus on my part: no ABSURDS amounts of cum splashing all over the place

Cons:

1. Sound/BGM - While not bad in terms of quality, the BGM is TOO LOUD, sometimes even drowning the sound of the enviroment and more importantly the ecchi sounds during the scenes which IMHO are a huge point to keep in check for max satisfaction with the content. This could easily be fixed by allowing the player to adjust the different volume settings like in many other RPGM games.

2. Story/Side quests amount - In other words... the game is too short and the amount of sidequests too little, i know many will disagree, but i say this mostly because the game expects you to play for quite a while before u can watch the final sex scenes and to marry the girl of your preference, some of those scenes require you to grind for passion which can take a while to get, if we add the fact that the game features a "reset" system, which allows you to buff the characters stats once they reach lvl 99 but reverting them back to lvl 1 and reseting their skills; obviously, there is just not enough "game" for this to be viable.

3. H-content amount - To further elaborate on the previous point, the amount of lewd content available in the game is just to little compared to the scope of the game, i feel like they could´ve implemented far more scenes with the main characters and some of the secondary characters as well... you know, to keep us more interested in playing the game after beating the final boss. You only get one extra "scene" for marrying one of the girls, but its only a mixt of recicled CGs from previous scenes. Also... NO PREGNANCY... a shame, but can be overlooked.

Overall i´ll say that this game literally revived my hope in RPGM games once more, a truly unique experience that i can´t recommend enough, specially if you are looking for a kinky adventure in which the girls HAVE YOU, and not the other way around. The characters are developed quite nicely and you can grow fond of them, although not attached since the game its too short.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Count_Chocula

Drags on a little bit in the mid-game, but it's one of the best H-RPG's I've played. The art is charming and the characters/setting have a lot of personality and thought put into them. Definitely recommend to play this one if you're okay with investing some extra time in gameplay!