Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Serenity [1.4] Multi-Mod [ShaddyModda]

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
Yeah, I had a feeling, though sometimes mods will say the mod is compatible with a newer version because it doesn't have any new variables that require an update.
Considering that versions after v1.4 seem to mostly be fixes and such I thought this might be the case; no new content for the mod to present, just improvements to the stability of the game that don't affect the mod.
I don't suppose you've tried using the mod on v1.6?

In any case, thank you for the very swift reply, you've been very helpful!
Cheers!
No, I haven't tried it. However given that the 1.4 was the the last update content-wise, I still advise not to use it on 1.6 because it will have the effect of reverting it to 1.4 anyways. This is so because this mod installation requires you to overwrite the original game's scripts.

But you're right, sometimes you can safely apply a previous mod to a game if it does keep its code separated from the game's, which unfortunately is not the case with this mod.

BrandonSuns

Aug 16, 2020
No, I haven't tried it. However given that the 1.4 was the the last update content-wise, I still advise not to use it on 1.6 because it will have the effect of reverting it to 1.4 anyways. This is so because this mod installation requires you to overwrite the original game's scripts.

But you're right, sometimes you can safely apply a previous mod to a game if it does keep its code separated from the game's, which unfortunately is not the case with this mod.
Ah, that sucks...
Oh well, guess I'll just play v1.4 until the end and then see what v1.6 has to offer beyond that.
Too bad Shaddy dropped this one...

Again, thank you very much for all your help!
Cheers!