VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Seven Deadly Sins [Ep. 1] [RedWhite]

1. 2.00 star(s)

botc76

First off, if I have to see another review where a game gets five stars and then the reviewer starts on what he thinks the game is missing and basically admits that he gave the five stars for potential, I will hurl.

Five stars means the best rating possible here, basically a perfect or near perfect game or at least a very good one without any glaring problem.

And this game has problems.
    The first one being the really bad cheesy writing.
    It's like a dev who is really pretentious and writes moody emo-BS also has horrible English skills.
    I'm sorry to be so blunt, but it was so cringe-worthy and annoying, I couldn't even finish the demo.

That really needs work. FInd a translator, find an editor (not a proofreader, because that wouldn't be enough) or better yet find a writer to write your story.

THe second problem (not as big, but also annoying) is a loud and unskippable intro. It's just inconvenient and a nuisance. Don't force people to go through it.

The good thing would be the renders. The art has a really high quality.
    I believe the story and setting would be okay, if anything but original, but that whiny unlike-able MC and the writing are just a no-go.

Still, I would have given the game a generous 3 stars instead of 2, but there are several absolutely unwarranted positive reviews. Due to that, I have to go with the lower of the two options, so that the game doesn't appear better than it is due to them.

Edited to add, most of the hype reviews have been removed, that's good at least.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Tucker343

Fuck this game. Unskipable intro just leads to anger compounded by a short cringy intro to a story I care nothing about. All the decisions meaning absolutely nothing. Terrible start. I wanted to quit 5 mins in but I felt the need to continue just to see what else will aggravate me even more. Above average renders. Every line of dialog infuriates me, whoever wrote this has no idea how to write characters or dialog. Please put a characters thoughts in italics, I have no idea if a character is saying something or thinking it to themselves. The main character is such a creepy white knight its painful. The one animated hand job scene was actually really good. Needless to say not interested in more.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

moonwalker

Great start. Hope it will be a lot better in the future updates. Keep going guys.

Nice story. Good renders. And great animations. But writing needs to improve a little bit. Because it looks little cringy.

For example; Lisa's conversation with her ex. When she decided to dump him, she says "u have small dick?, and u are not real man enough". The problem is they are together like 4 years. She waited and waited like 4 years and now decided to broke up with him for those reasons?

MC's name problem.. People wants to play with their or random names instead of Joseph. This should be fixed. And the begining of the game MC looks really depresive. His life, his personal life, his money problems,etc is annoying for him. But after like 5 minutes he is acting like his life is really normal.

Lisa and MC's convs. is writed really amature style. He talks with her like she didnt know him at all. And after 5 mins she decided to date with him? Cause he beat her ex? That's why he looks more real man than her ex(i forgot his name) ??

Last thing, Noora is looking way better than Lisa. U guys should focus more her than Lisa.

Btw i cant judge the english of this game. Cause like u already saw that, English is not my native language and my english is terrible :( :)

W.ever this game has huge potantial. I'm really excaited for the future updates.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

B-52reloaded

IMHO outright overrated ... okay the renders are good but the characters are inconsistent and rather unappealing. No background story is provided to get a feeling on the characters; the guys are plain rubber stamps and even the girls lack personality. The "English" is horrible, the complete writing is without consistency and without emotion, just endless words and poorly constructed sentences put together. I was looking forward to this game and I must say I am deeply disappointed. I still hope it will improve though ..
  5. 2.00 star(s)

DarkSithLord47

Okay so after reading a few comments i had to give this a try even tho its on its first release and here are my good points and bad one :
    good points :
    -story premise is very interesting
    -renders are really good
    But unfortunately those are all the good things i can say about this game.Seems to me for a really ambitious project the dev missed out on a lot of things and here are the bad points :
    -you cant rename the mc (why do that,its not that hard and helps the player to immerse into the game)
    -the writing (omfg its bad)
    -cringyness all over the place
    -whitenighting done by the mc even tho after reading his thoughts you're more inclined to believe that he's an emo little bitch (its a paradox)
    -inconsistency and choices dont seem to matter one bit -let me explain this one bit our dear and white night emo mc has a daydream in his class,dreaming of his teacher and even tho i let her know that i'm not interested in her,he still acts like he wants her and has sexual fantasies about his teacher seriously why put the choices there in the first place
    -forced content (i'm guessing ''story related'') i had no interest in the blue hair chick but the game told me - fuck you ,you dont have a saying in this and you'll be with whoever i tell you to
    Right now its really bad and if you wanna just look at some pretty pictures go ahead and try it out,otherwise i would stay away from it until the dev fixes some of the many things wrong with this game and then i'll come back and edit my review as well!
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Vechernyaya

There is a good production value, I can see a lot of efforts were put into it.
    But the cringy writing, the protagonist personality and the fact that he broke the forth wall, and the lack of choice : the game denied the first choice it gave me : "don't bother" because I don't particularly like the tattooed chick. "But thou must!". All this don't particularly make me want to see what will happen next. Particularly knowing this will be a sandbox with minigames.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Hyped

Presentation 8/10
    That intro was neat and memorable.

Graphics 5/10
    Not too bad but not too impressive. Not in the top 10. Uses the same shots and angles over and over.
    Same ol' daz models you've seen everywhere. That mc is the new max.

Characters look like 30 year olds hired to play in those high school movies. Somethings wrong with the mc's teeth.

Writing 1/10
    As cringy as the game's description and trailer.

Faps 1/10
    Nothing here that's erotically stimulating. Hints of NTR and sandbox mode coming up indicates this is only going to get worse.

Overall
    Imho forgettable apart from the intro, barista and music.