VN - Ren'Py - Onhold - Severed Realms [v0.0.7] [Severed Realms]

1. 5.00 star(s)

humanjelloman

The premise is a familiar one that is done very well with a unique twist. The fusion of Modern things with the old is quite interesting and I greatly enjoy it. Some of the renders are a bit grainy, but they are still VERY good. The writing is superb in my opinion and the lewd situations are quite hot. I can't wait to see where the story goes from here and I wish the Dev the best of luck!
  2. 4.00 star(s)

John64

Renders are rather mediocre by current standards - i think about 3.5/5. Too "grainy". Models are rather nice though. Story also looks promising so far. The dude is making a harem, but is making it soooo.... "lazily"... everybody just jumps at him and he's like: "weeeell... oooookaaaaay... if you have nothing better to do - fine, go to my harem..." But since it was in general rather entertaing (with a bit of male domination vibe) - i rate it "good".

Will be waiting for next releases, hoping that the quality of renders will improve over time (like the case with many VNs here which also started not too shiny).
  3. 3.00 star(s)

JJDrakken

It has an interesting premise.

But I felt it was very rushed in key moments, then it slowed down in some less interesting part of the story.

I literally would stop halfway through reading part of it and just read/watch something else to get my brain scrubbed and refocused and go back to it.

All that was before this update that came 9 months after last time I read the story. Which I guess this time I didn't need to do that, since it was about 10-15 mins of read time(For me, others may read it faster or slower)

As I've stated, the premise seems interesting, but structure and windy nature of the wording got to be to much for me. I eventually stopped caring about the characters do to it.

I may come back to this if it's ever completed, but I hope others find it up their own alley and enjoy their time there.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

DontCareWhatYouCallMe

Cute characters and a positive feelgood story. The renders are quite nice as well. There are some minor "issues" (wouldn't even call them that) like the information dump at the start (if its still there not sure). But the dev is improving with each update so I think it will turn out great.

-Will update this rating with more information once the game is a bit further in development.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

___abbas___

For their first game props to the developer for the renders, It is really good .I am sure he will only get better from here on out (actually the renders are indeed slightly better in the latest update).
    As for the writing , it's nothing fancy and is the weekest aspect of the game but at least there is no engrish,some improvment in that department and it will be a masterpiece.
    all in all a good game, i enjoyed it.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

TM | Twisted Games

Severed Realms has some good elements, and some bad elements. In the end, it wasn't my cup of tea, but I can certainly see why many folks would enjoy it.

Pros:

- Beautiful rendering: The characters look really good (I have a thing for red-heads which doesn't hurt) the queen and twins are especially well done.
    - Creative use of assets: I don't want to get into spoiler territory, but the setting provides a clever way for the developer to merge modern and medieval.
    - Side Character stories: A few of the side-characters have intriguing backstories that help world build. Again, I will try not to spoil, but the 'uncle' the queen and the older sister all come immediately to mind.

So starting out, despite a bit of a narrative dump in the beginning, I was very much on board. Unfortunately now I must discuss a few cons.

- The Main Character: You are playing as a saint/super-hero type personality with no flaws who every woman is immediately interested in. If you are into that, and I know many are, you can stop reading this now and ignore my rating, you will love this VN.
    - No meaningful choices: I admire a developer who has their story and wants to tell it, but it would be nice to make a few choices here and there. I will give one example (EARLY GAME SPOILERS FOLLOW)

The character Erin asks if I am interested in a relationship, two options show up. I choose the one that indicates the MC is not. Then the MC promptly enters a relationship with Erin. Why bother offering the choice?
    - No weight behind the antagonist: Let's just say that I was pretty sure my MC wasn't going to have to make any hard choices. Pretty early on I kind of wished I was playing as the uncle, at least he had some internal conflicts and backstory to hold onto.

Finally, not a con, but make sure you read the developer notes as well as checking out the tags. Many of them are representative of themes that appear mainly 'off camera' if you will. Again, this is clearly stated up front by the dev, so caveat emptor.

In the end, this was a VN I wanted to love, but where the 'V' part delivered, the 'N' fell short for me. I wish the dev all the best of luck, it's clear they are putting a lot of effort into it.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

desmosome

[v0.0.6.5]

Spoilers ahead.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You won't find a gritty dystopian tale or an interesting story about medieval intrigue here. If you are looking for a mindless harem situation where all the women start in the harem from the beginning, you can give it a shot.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

krish719

Review for 0.0.3 Version

I usually don't review games but I loved the story and characters as I enjoyed playing it, so I decided to review it .
    Story: 5/5
    - Loved the story so far , it's too early to tell but it has potential to be great .
    Renders : 5/5
    - Other than the prologue which was vague with no art rest of the story lighting , shadows and colors looked good .
    Models: 5/5
    - Beautiful models loved the redhead twins especially and decent MC who doesn't spy on girls during sleep or bath like a creep .
    Choices- 5/5
    - There is only one at the moment , I hope there will be more choices in the future.
    Soundtrack: 5/5 -
    - The game has music which fits the scenes and there is no h scene or animations till now since it is first release but I hope we will have some in the future .

Overall it is really good with great story and characters and quite a lot of content for a first release . Good luck SeveredRealms with your game , looking forward to future updates .
  9. 1.00 star(s)

BTLD

Just finished the current release of the game

Below average renders , room for improvement but still for a first release?passable renders,
    Animatiions were... beyond bad.. if I'm being honest.. I rather tried to make thiis VN look better earlier wiith my review but it's all around bad... from renders to animation to story
    The story is meh at best, there's quite a bit of backstory at the beginning of the game to set the tone/mood, a lot of information at the beginning which I feel it's WAY TOO MUCH , dude spends too much talking about the setting instead of presenting it.. you know show don't tell, but I reckon he still needs to learn so that's something this dev needs to focus on
    I'll be honest and say I came for the possible fap and stayed for the story, it's compelling interesting and captivating and I hope we kill the King soon and mount his head on a spike.
    The pace of the story is meh, things happen, because they need to happen.
    To be honest this is a pretty shitty VN... but I didn't expect a masterpiece...
    I guess it's wordy/lenghty... iif you like that .. otherwise I'd stay away from thiis ... "VN"...