Others - Completed - Sex Dating on Mars [Final] [CritoGames]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Slack00

So the previous reviews ARE accurate, but if you're dog-tired of playing Ren'py and RPGM games, this one is a bit of fresh air.

On the negative side, it's true this game has no real plot--but I don't know if it should be dinged for that because it was built as more of an arcade game meant for unlocking achievement trophies and the like. It's a fapping arcade game, not a novel.

It's also true that there are no animations--and that is where this game could have really been a big winner, because everything else about this game is pretty fun. True, you don't have control over the CG slideshows, but the CGs are good, and the slideshow speed is perfect IMO. Also IMO, the women are super hot--again, if you're tired of playing with the same overused assets in other games, just check out the awesome variety in the title shot. It's worth playing just to see those girls....and that's why you're here, right?

I was expecting very bad AI voice acting, but it was...fine. Lots of British accents, oddly enough. I think it was worth it to add it as a feature and again, hey--a breath of fresh air compared to most games here.

The game is crafted well...it's totally complete! fond no bugs and there's a lot of detail in the backgrounds that I'm just not used to seeing elsewhere. This game was produced by a small studio that has already done a few other slightly less ambitious works.

My only complaints really boil down to two things:
    1. Yes, I would have LOVED animations in this one, but it's still totally worth playing it without them and
    2. There's no real ending (that I could tell); even in arcade games there's usually an ending. There's a bar for each girl for how many times you've had sex/foreplay with her, but filling the bars doesn't appear to do anything.
    I'm standing behind my 4 star rating besed upon its overall level of quality and fresh subjects.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

TheLionGuy

Was partway through writing an essay when I realised I should just list what I liked and disliked.

Good:

• Grinding is pretty quick but still annoying

Bad:
    • No options menu
    • AI voice acting, TTS level AI voice acting... and no subtitles/text box for most of the content and you cant turn the VA off there's no options menu
    • Occasional bad grammar or misspelling which is made obvious when it is being TTS read to you.
    • Character models are mid, as in not bad but also not good
    • No story of any kind
    • All scenes are slide shows. Literally. We are not talking 3 frame animation type "slide show" I mean, one still image after another type slide show.
    • Slide show scenes play at a set speed. No way to speed up or slow down. which can be annoying if you need to watch a girl show 5 times to refill her cleanliness bar before you continue to grind her dates.
    • Game play is basically just grinding one of 2 minigames to either unlock a sex scene directly or to earn money which you use to buy items then you trade the items for a sex scene...
    Honestly not worth your time.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

SandwichT

The game is disappointing. The models and girls are good, and the mini games are okay, but the sex scenes are bad. They are a mediocre automated slideshows that you cannot speed up, slow down or pause. Thought it would be good, but just got annoyed.