VN - Others - Completed - Abandoned - Sexy Mythical Beast Adventure [Final] [Marc]

1. 2.00 star(s)

LS47

Not as terrible as everyone says. Not as good as it should have been, even for a "baby's first game" kind of project.

The first issue with this game is that it throws you into some sort of character creation system that nevers tells you even once which character traits grants which skill points, what those skill points even mean, or how they're gonna be used during the game. I've tried three different builds with different backgrounds and skill points, and the worst part is that my third build, which was supposed to be my weakest one as far as the assignated skill points led me to believe, is the only one I managed to get the ending with. The others just sucked, even though they were more suited for the game's events.

Speaking of events, this VN's entire gameplay mechanic consists in a dice roll to compare your stats and see of you're allowed to progress through the next event or if you're just gonna loose resources for nothing. That's right, not only is this game a glorified RNG simulator sprinkled with subpar photoshoped backgrounds, this dice roll mechanic is completely useless and only serves the purpose of wasting your time until you get the dice roll right.

The worst thing is, this dice roll mechanic is apparently inspired from TTRPGs, but the dice roll in this game makes no sense whatsoever, and it can give you results completely unrelated to the numbers on screen; sometimes if will fail as you'd expect, but sometimes you will succeed in an event even though you haven't assigned any skill points to the tested trait you have. In my last playthrough, I was able to breeze through the game just because I kept succeeding my rolls and getting a crap ton of food and medical supplies. While I'm not complaining about "winning" the game, this mechanic is confusing, stupid and removing it would only improve the VN.

Another weird thing is a poor choice of background assets (barely photoshoped real life locations that don't mesh at all with what happens on screen), and a very poor choice and use of music, especially during sex scenes where you're bombarded with heavy metal music while you're fucking a pink lizard and a cute dog. Like, what?

As for the sex scenes, I'm torn on that point. On one hand, this game appeals to my niche, and I'm glad to finally see a game like this on a website severely lacking of it, where you go explore a mysterious world and fuck the female ferals living in it. I haven't experienced anything like that since Corruption of Champions and Teraurge. The sex scenes are drawn in anime style and they're... pretty hot actually, I appreciate that. Although, my pet peeve with them is that only two or threee of them are kinda hot, the other two lean more into the petite/cocksleeve furry bait... I guess this is just a matter of taste, but they're pretty subpar compared to the rest.

Unfortunately, they are not enough to distract from the abyssal quality of this game. There are many english mistakes in the text, it's buggy, laggy, the saves don't work, and it really makes you question why people are still using Tyranobuilder when many other alternatives are objectively better in every way. This is what makes me think that this game is Japanese, as they are pretty much the only ones to stick with Japanese tools no matter what.

So in short, the only reason you'd end up playing this game is if you're like me, desperate for that kind of content, as it's getting harder and harder to find nowadays. Still, if you choose to download this game, don't play it and instead just browse the game files for the sex scenes illustrations. You'll save yourself 30 minutes of your life.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

SonaraFox

Female ferals with male humans/anthros is generally pretty rare compared to the widely more accepted male ferals fucking female humans/anthros. Honestly that's the only reason I'd give it an extra point because otherwise the rest of the game is too much of a miss for me. The UI is pretty ugly to look at and that combined with the whole game being 2d6 rolls for everything makes it repetitive and bland. To my knowledge you can't increase your stats so honestly a majority of your rolls will likely be just the two d6 rolls alone versus typically an 8 difficulty. Scouting is completely randomized and honestly you could genuinely just get absolutely bodied by events that cause damage back to back with no actual way to defend yourself from it and that's just it. It feels like the kind of game you want to take your time with but then are forced to do it fast because the beast you're after supposedly gets stronger the longer you take to confront them which kind of defeats the whole purpose of preparing in the first place since your stats dont get better.

Theres just too many things missing from this game to really make it worth even giving it a try let alone enjoying it. I can literally spam menus in any other game at all instead of this one.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Jash83

It breaks my heart to give this game the worst possible score, especially as it fulfills a very niche content (male-protagonist feral bestiality), but I don't think I've ever played a game with such unacceptably APPALLING gameplay. The game simply does not work on any level whatsoever.

Just for starters, it's made with Tyranobuilder rather than RenPy, and mainly serves to illustrate WHY everybody uses RenPy instead. How you play is you go through character creation, making uninformed choices to choose an irrelevant background in order to improve unexplained stats to create an ineffective character. Then you get dumped into the gameworld and... you Search the Area. Over and over and over again. Then totally random things happen to you and you succeed or fail based on the stats you had absolutely no idea about whether or not you needed them when you started. You have absolutely no control whatsoever over where you explore or what you find, and will frequently just blunder into the same pointless encounters over and over and over again. Last time I tried playing, I fell off a cliff, got savaged by a horde of animals, got hit by a rockfall and died without being able to do ANYTHING about it. EVERYTHING requires a dice roll and you can only be minimally adept at only a handful of skills. And with the aforementioned complete and utter lack of control over what you actually DO other than blunder into yet another random encounter (you can stop to rest or heal, but you're quite likely to even fail at THAT) progress through the game is entirely down to luck- and the odds are always stacked HEAVILY against you.

It's also as buggy as hell (another reason why nobody uses Tyranobuilder). On more than one occasion I've completed an event, only for the game to refuse to proceed to the next one, leaving me staring at a blank screen. Since I saved mid-event the last time this happened, I've basically bricked my game and need to start over. When I said this game "does not work on any level whatsoever", I wasn't kidding.

On one play through, I DID actually manage to blunder blindly through to the ending, meeting the sexy furry animal goddess and fucking her. That was kinda hot, even though the writing in general is really poor. But I had no idea how I did it and I'm fully aware that I succeeded ENTIRELY by random fluke. And I found barely any other interesting encounters on my way through the game, because all my time was spent failing to decipher pictures in ruins, falling off cliffs, failing to pick mushrooms and getting rained on.

At heart, the game plays like it was made by someone who's heard of RPG mechanics, but has absolutely no idea how they work. The complete lack of balance, the complete lack of real player agency, and the absolute reliance on total RNG to control literally every single aspect of the game just makes it literally unplayable. You MIGHT try and fluke your way through it if you REALLY want to fuck those feral magic animals (because seriously, the handful of scenes I DID manage to see were pretty hot), but it's more likely to just drive you to frustrated fury. What a terrible waste of a good concept and hot art.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 554794

A great concept and the good scenes though it doesn't feel finished. I would love to see more scenes and maybe the gallery filled but I love it none the less with the abilities and stats and the different backgrounds.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

CharacterDump

Game is pretty mid

L:
    - UI bug is killer, you have to spam hunt and heal and hope you don't die
    - There's only 4 scenes
    - Gameplay is pretty boring since your choices have little to no impact
    - Game has minimal content. I beat it in like 30m

W:
    - Art is good if you're into what it's advertising
    - Scenes, while not animated, have lots of pictures each
    - Game is simple

I think with some polish, and fleshing out, this has the potential to be decent, but in its current state, it's just not that great.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Noseknows

The only thing getting fuck in this game is you... by the RNG. More often than not you'll fail tasks (scouting, cooking, etc.) and even when you manage to pass some checks you'll still be negatively impacted though not as severely which kind of defeats the purpose of the check in the first place.

As far as game play goes there's not much point to most of the skills as many of them are used in very specific instants. Fighting skills are useless as I played for 1-2 hours and never came across a single fight. Even the boss fight isn't implemented.

Though the gallery is full of blank slots where I'd imagine future sex scenes will be I only came across 2 scenes but to be fair it is definitely this games strength. While the scenes were short the art provided is quite lovely (if you're a filthy degenerate).

There are a few other issues such as saves not working properly, long load times and having to "beat" the game once in order to unlock the "true ending" in a second play through; that works for Nier:Automata not for smut games. I do believe this could be a good game but it needs serious work before that point.

If you're bored, have an hour free and looking for a very specific kink then give this a whirl.