VN Ren'Py Abandoned Shadows of the Nights [v0.02] [DrDougDoesDOS]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
OnHold for too long under our guidelines, unfortunately.

It will be marked as Abandoned for now, but that status would change with a future release.

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
Well if that's your "Guidelines" then fine, but this Game is not Abandoned by any means and is still being built today. I have merely placed it on hold on Patreon as I am not currently able to work on it even Part Time due to Ill health and will not take any money off anyone or putting out any releases until I am fit and well enough to work on it properly. I have a "Free" 3 Day remake ready to go right now but I'm not going to put it out giving the impression its all fully running operation again as that would be deceitful. Hope that publicly clears this up as clearly you've ignored my Private message sent weeks ago.

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
Hi Dev. When can we expect the release?
At the moment I am only able to type on my Keyboard with one hand which is incredibly slow going and so I have been unable to work on the Programming and Scripting process at all. I am however still doing all the Rendering process and currently over half way through Day 6. My Injury is healing and I am hoping to be able to get working on it again properly before the end of the year. Meanwhile I have also upgraded my System a lot so able to work faster on DAZ with the Rendering now and improved quality too (no more Snow issues). I am still blocking payments and don't expect anyone to help fund me anytime soon but I will continue dropping Freebies and News in the meanwhile like some Animations I have been testing out so please keep following my Patreon Page.

Reactions: AlienEDM

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
TonysMeeting1b.jpg
SOTN DAY 6 - Detective Russo will find his past catching up with him after a serious turn of events in Day 5 leaves Kerry's Police Department in turmoil and the streets of the City on a knife edge.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
You must need fix black man arm and t-shirt, it look like his arm took t-shirt color instead of his own black skin.
Thanks for the shout 88michele88. Sometimes DAZ doesn't render what is in the IRAY preview and screws the clothing up in the actual Render process. If you look at the other 2 male shirts their shoulders are a bit inflated too so I will be redoing that Render asap.

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
There are literally dozens of Glitches in DAZ that can slow down the process of production and this is generally caused by Add On's that haven't been tested thoroughly by the creator of the Add On or DAZ themselves. Every time I have reported a Glitch it often takes them a year to respond and I haven't seen one complaint actually fixed yet. A fellow DAZ user has found the easiest way to get these fixed is to go direct to the Add On Creator as DAZ are so slow at responding. If anyone knows any other successful ways of getting DAZ to actually fix things I'm all ears.

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
As you can see in this Render which is just before there is no such issues going on with the Clothing.
FollowPaula1n.jpg

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
Just a short note here. Anyone out there who is trying to make a Game copying my Title and ideas out my Game will not be tolerated. For example the Game titled "Shadows of Desire" is okay as it is not copying my Story in any way shape or form. You know who you are, the one who is copying and I'll be contacting Patreon etc. in due course.

Happy New Year folks!

Shadows of the Nights - Day 6 Teaser

Kerry has moved back in to the Family Home and quickly forgotten she's not in her more secluded Apartment in the City after a lot to drink the night before at a hot night out and is suffering a lousy hangover Saturday morning. The neighbours returning from their weekly food shop are shocked to see the Cloyce Girls are back home again.
BethChatOldBed1xx.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: MrMf101 and lokiGod

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
Having read comments on an infringing thread I had the biggest laugh in a long long time reading about "Court Action" and other fantasy talk about "Counter Action". I also like how folks class me as "nuts" and say I've only put 2 updates out... Wrong. My Game is far more advanced than it states on here and as it's been around far longer than the infringing Game and I have spent far more time making my Product than anyone cares to acknowledge. This led to Patreon correctly ordering the name change. No amount of nonsense troll talk on F95zone can change the fact that my Game was here first by a country mile and is still in production. Any more attempts to soil my Game or Reputation will be dealt with and any further attempts to copy ideas will also be dealt with. Stop lying to your followers, stop threatening me and just get on with making your own Game properly without copying others.

Meanwhile I am going to go set up a TV Studio called "DrDougDoesDOSNEY" and release a new Sci Fi Show called Star Wags where a group of Rebels who are married to famous Men take on an Empire that have an enormous Space Ship called "The Dinner Star" which eats other planets ran by a chap called Darth Ramsey. I'm sure there aren't any other Products remotely like this and I'll have no issues posting free Pirate Copies here too.

• Angry
Reactions: MrMf101 and Obranyi

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
RPGM - Shadows of Desire [v0.3] [Shamantr] | F95zone

This Game is nothing like mine, it doesn't look like mine, it's not copying story premise or character appearances or names and it uses a completely different Platform. All the best to this Dev with his Project which also happens to use "Shadows of" in it's title too.

VN - Ren'Py - Shadows of Deception [v0.30] [MadKoala] | F95zone

This Dev is now changing "Shadows of" from the Title because it also carries a female m/c who is a Detective, it's premise sounds almost the same, it has pictures of a Male and Female Detective (holding a gun) almost the same and even has characters with the same name too.

I will leave you to decide what constitutes an "Infringement" and leave you to decide why Patreon chose to enforce a change of name on one of these products. I strongly suggest you read this Webpage too.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes