2.90 star(s) 9 Votes

LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021
My bad. This thread had been silent for over six months, so I made the wrong assumption.
I always check the patreon or twitter if available to see what's up. I've seen two other game threads where several people assumed the games were abandoned but in reality there were multiple version updates on Patreon; just nobody to post them here.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
wow. this isn't dead. nice
although hot damn 6 months for an update is a lot.

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
It is russian game. So 80% from their previos game, 10% new images 10% sketches.
Total of 20 NSF images.
This game will likely never be completed and updates will barely be worth glossing over.

Nov 9, 2022
probably still better than velma
Man, the whole Velma thing has been utterly bizarre to watch unfold, and I mean that in a meta sense. But I suspect there's more to it than what we can see on the surface right now. I suspect there's a reason they've already greenlit Season 2, and it has absolutely nothing to do with how well Season 1 does.

This isn't a flop. It's too precisely tuned to offend everybody. This is a controlled burn of the fanbase.

I suspect the IP holder's actual goddamned plan is to systematically alienate everybody who's ever cared about Scooby Doo, while leaving just enough relatable bread crumbs to draw in zoomers. Then Velma, the character, wakes up from a coma or whatever and now we can start telling the real story, which has nothing to do with anything that came before it in the franchise, not even Season 1 of Velma.

I suspect it's all an elaborate, methodical plan to make sure that it never has to be the 70s ever again, not even a little bit.

Anyway. Cool game bro!

Last edited:

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
Man, the whole Velma thing has been utterly bizarre to watch unfold, and I mean that in a meta sense. But I suspect there's more to it than what we can see on the surface right now. I suspect there's a reason they've already greenlit Season 2, and it has absolutely nothing to do with how well Season 1 does.

This isn't a flop. It's too precisely tuned to offend everybody. This is a controlled burn of the fanbase.

I suspect the IP holder's actual goddamned plan is to systematically alienate everybody who's ever cared about Scooby Doo, while leaving just enough relatable bread crumbs to draw in zoomers. Then Velma, the character, wakes up from a coma or whatever and now we can start telling the real story, which has nothing to do with anything that came before it in the franchise, not even Season 1 of Velma.

I suspect it's all an elaborate, methodical plan to make sure that it never has to be the 70s ever again, not even a little bit.

Anyway. Cool game bro!
I haven't watched the show and been surprised at how much visceral hatred it's gotten but it's on Netflix who are notorious for releasing (probably) fake viewership numbers and (probably) using bots to generate buzz around their properties. Remember Bird Box? The film that Netflix claimed was watched by more people than Black Panther? Or Red Notice? Which they claimed was watched by even more people than Bird Box?

With the streaming subscription business in a nose-dive, I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix is just doing whatever it can to try to stay newsworthy. Any press is good press and all that.

kosmos

Jul 12, 2017
I haven't watched the show and been surprised at how much visceral hatred it's gotten but it's on Netflix who are notorious for releasing (probably) fake viewership numbers and (probably) using bots to generate buzz around their properties. Remember Bird Box? The film that Netflix claimed was watched by more people than Black Panther? Or Red Notice? Which they claimed was watched by even more people than Bird Box?

With the streaming subscription business in a nose-dive, I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix is just doing whatever it can to try to stay newsworthy. Any press is good press and all that.
Velma is an HBO Max show you know the people that messed up Game of Thrones so I don't think its a press thing. It's just terrible writing with bad ideas.

Reactions: Doctor Shark
Nov 9, 2022
Nobody makes a bad show on purpose to get buzz in response to a sudden drop in subscriptions. There are many obvious reasons for this. Bad shows cause more people to leave the service. Sudden drops in subscriptions happen, well, suddenly, and it takes literally years to design, produce, record and promote a show.

Velma is an HBO Max show you know the people that messed up Game of Thrones so I don't think its a press thing. It's just terrible writing with bad ideas.
I'm not saying it's a "press thing." Clearly Velma has gotten universally bad press. I'm saying the opposite. The bad press was the goal. Not Netflix's goal, but of the IP holders'.

They made Season 1 of bad on purpose to hedge out the fans that have been keeping the franchise trapped in the '70s ever since the '90s. Once the 'controlled burn' has run its course (probably this will be Season 2 Ep 1,) Velma's showrunner will have one chance to tell an actual goddamned story to the remaining audience of teens who didn't mind Season 1 because their taste in media is still forming.

Whether that audience likes Season 2 or not is almost irrelevant-- what matters is, everyone who grew up watching the 70s cartoon, the movies, and whatever the hell the Ultra Instinct Shaggy meme is from will either be long gone or else will have accepted the new face of the franchise.

Which means they can finally pick a lane-- any lane-- and be confident that whatever stories they tell, the franchise will still be relevant 40 years from now.

demonslender

Jul 26, 2020
Nobody makes a bad show on purpose to get buzz in response to a sudden drop in subscriptions. There are many obvious reasons for this. Bad shows cause more people to leave the service. Sudden drops in subscriptions happen, well, suddenly, and it takes literally years to design, produce, record and promote a show.

I'm not saying it's a "press thing." Clearly Velma has gotten universally bad press. I'm saying the opposite. The bad press was the goal. Not Netflix's goal, but of the IP holders'.

They made Season 1 of bad on purpose to hedge out the fans that have been keeping the franchise trapped in the '70s ever since the '90s. Once the 'controlled burn' has run its course (probably this will be Season 2 Ep 1,) Velma's showrunner will have one chance to tell an actual goddamned story to the remaining audience of teens who didn't mind Season 1 because their taste in media is still forming.

Whether that audience likes Season 2 or not is almost irrelevant-- what matters is, everyone who grew up watching the 70s cartoon, the movies, and whatever the hell the Ultra Instinct Shaggy meme is from will either be long gone or else will have accepted the new face of the franchise.

Which means they can finally pick a lane-- any lane-- and be confident that whatever stories they tell, the franchise will still be relevant 40 years from now.
if i'm remembering properly, mindy kaling has gone on record to state that hbo execs were thrilled at the idea of intentionally ruining the scooby doo ip. i think this whole show was made with the intent of making people hate watch it. as for season 2's existence, that's only because the show was given like 20 episodes, give or take a couple, when the show was first greenlit for production. in other words its just a single season split in 2.

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
I'm done with the witch,the night visits,bought the bed,public toilet.
I have 10 friend points with the succubus but nothing happens and the quest is not completed. Any more content or is that it? and how to complete the succubus quest?

Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

Jinxery

Feb 22, 2019
Already completed it.

I must say, this artwork it's 100x times better than HBO 2023 Millionaire production: VELMA ® imagen_2023-02-01_010715247.png

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
No one's cancelling HBO Max over Velma. But if you get it trending, maybe some people get curious enough to sub to watch.

Reactions: Hfgbnnn
2.90 star(s) 9 Votes