VN - Ren'Py - Shard of My Soul [v1.9] [IridescentTaste]

1. 5.00 star(s)

jackdanniels

My first impression was skeptical. Seeing the art in the preview images made me dismiss the quality and I thought it was some kind of cheap "good girl goes bad" clone, but I couldn't be more wrong; It's a wonderful well-written thriller with several routes. The simple 2 frames H-scenes animations are well-made with good audio, transitions, and visual effects. A great underrated AVN.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Donjoe81

Shard of My Soul [v1.9]

What can I say? I like this game.
    The simplistic artstyle may not be for everyone, but I find it really good.
    There is a good variety of characters who look pretty good except when they look down; it looks a bit weird, but that rarely happens.
    Other than that, it's a breath of fresh air compared to seeing the repetitive models found in many 3D games.
    I love that you can customize the MC and would love to see more variety in clothing and the addition of makeup and accessories to make her look more sluttier.
    The sex scenes are good, although some could be longer.
    The variety of kinks is impressive, it keeps the game fresh and exciting and hope to see more of that in the future.
    Characters have distinct personalities and are well-written.
    While the story itself is not that immersive at this point, I am not overly concerned as the content is already really good and hopefully much more content will come.
    I wish the Dev all the best and am excited for future updates.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

BenHatira

Welp i started this game back in 2022 (cause fem MC who is in control about her future is my thing).

Played it and thought well the art is special but the whole story behind it goes awol, what the hell is going on ?

Now two years later i gave it a try again, and let me tell ya it's worth it (even if you play a pure lesbian route)!

The interaction's are pretty smooth and the core of the story is really interesting ( great story in the end of the day - sure some would say it's nothing revolutionary but it really fits).

----------

Also for those who are plying a lesbian fem MC, here is some information about the possible LI's !

Hanna = the typical shy girl, who never accepted the fact she is actually gay, but is in Love with the MC and sees her as her GF!

Theresa = Well, she is a open girl ( some would say she is just a slut), who doesn't want to be in a relationship, because she likes fucking or gettting fucked...

Lexia = Also a LI that identifies as a lesbian ( personally my favourite, if you can stomach her backstory)....

So yeah this is just a review based on the lesbian options.. but the male options aren't the bad either.

They are just regular and actually nice guys, instead of the whole corruption rapey vibe most FMC games portrait when dealing with male characters nowadays ...
  4. 4.00 star(s)

IAmSoCooked

Has all the checkmarks I usually look for in a female protag game. Wide variety of choices, clothing options, gradual sluttification process that feels well-implemented. Kudos to the clothing system specially- absolutely love how NPCs react to different outfits differently. Playing dress-up is one of the biggest factors that draws me to a fem protag game and this game nails it.
    I would love to see further clothing options, makeup and accessories (chokers/bracelets/stockings/rings) down the line.

Writing-wise it is no Female Agent, but it's good enough. Kat as a protagonist feels kinda shallow though. I felt she needed more exposition and development in the first few chapters.

I love the hand-drawn artstyle. But the eyes suck- I'm sorry. The eyes have given me a massive turn-off many times while playing this game.

Overall, very excited to see where this project heads in future. Fingers crossed. Godspeed, dev.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

privenavigatie

Very cool game, the models look a bit goofy, but in scenes they look very good. I like the wide variety of choices you can make, Gilroy is definitely my favourite.

Keep it up this game is a gem so far and has really big potential.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

chawuciren71

The hand-draw art is not fancy but has its perk. Personally i like it.
    The writing is not very good either, but he kept it simple. That's better than the average.
    The plot and sex scene is not very well set, but it varies. Straight, lesbian, blackmailing.
    It is not a great game, but it is a good game.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

BigDdave1999

This game is brilliant. Remember graphics don't make a game and if you judge this book by its cover then you are missing out on a gem. It has muliple routes to take and different people to romance... fuck or even just explore new experiences with. You need to find your sister, but do you make friends and learn new skills or do you just open your legs and be abused. either way you need to find outr what happened to her.... i need to find out what happened to her.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

lordrango

V1.2

It has some potential. There is an actual story although it seems pretty linear so far.

I'm having issues with the drawings. It just feels weird, I can't really say what's the reason. It could be the lifeless eyes of characters, or something... I just can't put my finger on it.

NPCs are not very well introduced, it requires a bit of effort on player's part to get invested.

On the whole, it's worth trying out if you're into female protagonist games, and it has potential.

A little bit more polishing of the writing and graphics and it might end up being a really good game.