VN Ren'Py Shinigami Love [Development Thread]

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
Making a few changes today before my canva signature goes away.

* Main Menu As A Video

(IS IT ITS FINAL FORM? I HOPE IT IS NOW)

ShinigamiLoveMainMenuGIF.gif

And two more I'm going to do, I'll edit the post as soon as I finish implementing them. Nothing major like the previous, just a couple of details to fix.

Nvm, don't have to do the other changes, just thought of a way to make them work just fine. Okay, gonna shift the focus on the Battle System to get it over with asap.

==

Okay, done a bit more progress with the battle system today.

Added a formula for damage calculation and a level up system, everything is already working as intended, I was actually surprised the formulas worked well, gonna finish it sooner than I thought!

screenshot0028.png screenshot0029.png screenshot0030.png

Wish I could do more, but my legs started to hurt, so I'll have to lay down for a bit. What's left to finish is adding a couple of custom Level Up! and You Win! pop ups, so it looks better, and an item screen so clicking on the Bag will actually do something.

Nothing that confusing to make, at least not anymore, so I can probably finish it by tomorrow, I'm just gonna make the screen for today but implement it tomorrow.

Last edited:

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
Hello everyone, I bring you some news, I'll go on a trip overseas to help my mom with something and for this reason the project will be put onhold for about two months (starting from now). I got an external HDD and there's a laptop there for me to use but I'm not sure I'll have the time.

So I'm going at the end of the month now but I've still got things to do before going. I might work a little more on it before the trip and if I get the chance, keep the updates coming because I'm excited to almost be done with the gameplay side of things.

Anyways, that's all I had to talk about the game. It will continue! But might pause the development for the moment.

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
Hey guys, how's it going? I was on a trip for about 2 months or so, just got back home earlier today and as for the project I plan to keep working on it.

But I'm afraid can't do things at the same speed as before because I have to move out in 30 days so been looking for a new house rn and I'm also lf a job because of college bills. I got it covered for two to three months but that's it. Things suck because moving out was just out of nowhere but don't suck too much because I'm in the last year of college so one more year and then freedom, yay!

Anyways, the project will go on even if I start working, no worries! Thanks for dropping a comment, hope I can make it good.

Also, I'm thinking about letting the minigames and extra features out for the first release because they're a minor priority. Should be fun having them there but I want to focus in releasing earlier so I'm gonna do the programming part for the storyline, the renders and write a couple more stories.

We'll see, gonna get back to it after I rest, visit family and all, and then post updates as things progress. :lepew:

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
Been able to keep developing for the time being.

As I write the story I find more and more characters I didn't make, so I've been making them. Went from 27 down to 15 left to make in the past few days. All male, because I've been forgetful of them. Some won't make it to the game due to limitations and a few I'm still wondering whether I should make them or not.

Are there any fans of Kensei? Or Izuru?

Because they don't have place in the story as of right now, but maybe later. If people aren't fond of them, then I'll just skip.

====

Some previews, been a long time since I've posted any models!

kaname1.PNG nnoitra1.PNG jushiro1.PNG yumichika1.PNG

Last edited:

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
Went from 27 down to 15 left to make
Down to 5. :)

===

Found a new place to live, already got the keys so I'll be moving in a couple of days. Also got a job interview in two days, so things are getting back in track. Anyways, huge worries are off my shoulder for now! Having to find a house to move was the most worrisome out of everything, cuz of a 30 days deadline, but it's a case closed now.

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
Still working on it, in case people are wondering. :)

Made sure everything was working, updated TONS of stuff, and I'm right now making some images (not renders) for the story which I don't want to spoil, but they'll be nice to see.

Going to take the rest of the week until I'm done with the images and I'll post updates more frequently about the story and renders which are coming right up next.

Reactions: sleepymegamind

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
Heya everyone, sorry for going missing!

I got this new job three weeks ago and I wasn't planning to stay for long, just enough to make a bit of cash but since I got there from the help of someone else, that someone is also trying to put me somewhere better, I might eventually get to work as a Java programmer.

It's a big thing for me to take this chance and get registered experience in IT as it'd help me to move closer to my mom because she lives in another country, of difficult access for me to get to live there, one of the ways is through being an expert in the field that country needs the most so companies would pay a work visa letting you reside there and as for now programmers are the hottest thing. It's something I really wanted to do for years, to move closer to my mom and little bro.

For the game, I'm not sure I'll be able to keep working, I'm sorry. Lost my focus because of all the career/moving/planning talks and thoughts I've been having lately, and work is a bit hard as well, because I stay out for 12h a day, actually 12:30h if I miss the bus. It's a bit far where I work so I get home tired.

If I get to work on the game, because I really want to finish this project, I'll try doing it on the weekends. But I also got college stuff to worry about, so yeah, I don't see it getting worked on much for now, but wanted to share what was happening.

I've decided, if I do anything at any day regarding the game, I'll bring news, I'm gonna update my next post here every time I do a little something, at least this much I can do.

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
So what's left to know about the game, how it's going and all that:

Last thing I did was writing the introduction, I finished it, it's done with all the dialogues but it's still pretty short on content so I wanted to make more before an official release. The gameplay works at least, what's left is really to write a bit more, render the scenes, then put all the dialogues along with their scenes and soundtracks in the game.

What's already in the game:

- Battle Mode, I mean, it's simple but took me time to make this so it's nice at least it's there. It has skills now, I forgot to mention and the menus for inventory and items are there as well. Skills are coded but their animation are still a W.I.P, very easy to implement, I just haven't had the time yet to render.
- U.I, every single screen is finished, I don't have to make any new screens.
- Characters, I got all the characters ready for rendering, even the extra cast was finished beforehand.
- Gallery System, simple, you pick the scene you like the most and replay that, I found replay best because you can screenshot at any part you find interesting, has more freedom over chosen images.
- Dating System, super simple stuff for now, updated it a bit after the last post about it, I hope you guys will like it.
- Dressing Up System, where you can dress up your chosen character, it works, all the outfits aren't there for all the girls since it's an extra feature, but since it works all it takes is a bit of time to update the girls wardrobe.
- Shop, to buy items and outfits.
- Introduction, first part of the story, where you get to meet a couple characters and a bit of the main story narrative is shown as well. The writing is done, I just have to render, then place all of it in the game.

In order, what's left to do:

- Have to write Chapter One.
- Have to render Introduction and Chapter One.
- Put dialogues and renders in the game.
- Render skills animations for the battle mode, forgot about this, will do this last or just skip it entirely for the first build.

===============================================================================

DEV LOG:

04/27/2024:

Last edited: