VN Others Completed Shining Song Starnova: Idol Empire [v1.1.1.1] [Love in space]

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
*Since we're here anyway, are there any games that let me manage a bunch of gladiators? I've played all the Age of Gladiators games on steam (yes, even the one where they're in space), as well as Domina. Bonus points if they've got adult content in them too, 'cos musclegirls aren't just my jam, they're my peanut butter and chocolate spread.
Blackthorn Arena is the most current one it oook (no adult content outside the currently fake promise or hopes if you want less cynical possibility of future mods capability and maybe nude).

Really just type Gladiators into steam and you get SOOOO many results its like the number 1 thing made into a management of some sort game; It is like 1 the oldest very competitive sports and sports are as you were kind of pointing out/saying Very common.

As far as adult content gladiators idk best could suggest would be like Conan and just setting up and making arenas, I am sure there bound to be some out there but idk any off hand.

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
Yeah, but a few of those gladiator games have you play the gladiator(s), and I prefer turn-based stuff, while Blackthorn Arena's a little too high end for my toaster. Oh well, it's not like the lack of games is gonna kill me.

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
Yeah, but a few of those gladiator games have you play the gladiator(s), and I prefer turn-based stuff, while Blackthorn Arena's a little too high end for my toaster. Oh well, it's not like the lack of games is gonna kill me.
You sure you can't run Blackthron arena ? It really not that much.
umm if you have Xbox / cube or emulate or what have you there Gladius and Gladiator (Gladius being more what you looking for in turn based and low end).

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
I got this on Steam (with the Sunrider DLC) before even looking here. I've played for 62 hours, which is what it took to clear the Story portion.

This game isn't perfect. It has some quirks with the UI that could have used some finer tuning (such as UI scaling, and sometimes you click a button but the click registers behind the button in the game world instead). There's no sex or nudity. PG-13, only due to language. But, what it does have is the crossover between anime tiddies and management. More importantly, there is not a huge focus on rhythmshit mini-games. This is a rare combination that's perfect for management/tycoon enthusiasts that also enjoy anime tiddies. There's tons of these kinds of games on mobile platforms, but very few on PC.

So, if you enjoy that elusive management/anime-tiddie crossover, I recommend giving it a try. Not because it's amazing, but because you're probably not going to find much else like it on PC. It's like a 7/10.
- - - - -​
As a side, you can navigate to 'AppData\Local\Starnova_Idol_Empire' and open 'Prefs.ini'. This will give you access to a lot of the game's difficulty multipliers. For example, shown below, "obj_theworld.sim_live_speed" adjusts how fast the balls come at you during Live performances. I've purposely turned mine down so low that the balls don't even move and the Lives just finish themselves perfectly every time (because I hate minigames). "obj_theworld.sim_live_cost" is the cost of stage effects during Lives. "obj_theworld.sim_legal_diff" is the cost of lawsuits. You get the idea.
Code:
obj_theworld.sim_live_hp="0.200000"
obj_theworld.sim_live_cost="0.000001"
obj_theworld.sim_live_speed="0.000100"
obj_theworld.sim_live_diff="0.700000"
obj_theworld.sim_stalker_diff="0.220000"
obj_theworld.sim_job_diff="0.600000"
obj_theworld.sim_legal_diff="0.50000"
obj_theworld.sim_scandal_diff="0.70000"
obj_theworld.sim_songsales_diff="0.500000"
obj_theworld.sim_healthcare_diff="0.500000"
obj_theworld.sim_wage_diff="0.500000"
obj_theworld.sim_relevance_diff="0.600000"
obj_theworld.sim_hp_diff="0.600000"
obj_theworld.sim_mood_diff="0.400000"

Last edited:

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
Ok, so there's no sex. Is there a decent plot, or is it more of a grindy kinda game?
It's definitely more gameplay-oriented from what I can remember; IIRC there's a short story blurb before and after each level, but nothing really memorable. Devil of a game to master though, let me tell you!

That being said though, if you're looking for either story or sex, you're better off playing the VN (which isn't half bad either).

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The VN is much better. This isn't a terrible game but it's more something you play to kill time than anything else.

The VN has a pretty decent story to it and dips into the darker side of Idol life.