RPGM - Abandoned - Shinobi Trainer [v0.2] [XR Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Varic101

Great start looking forward to seeing more as you flesh out the game and begin to give it some polish. Models look good and I am a bit of a sucker for trainers. Their are already several other parody games from this world on this site and many of them are trainers. Really looking forward to seeing what spin you put on it.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Goldspark1

Thanks for the new game. Now, I do not have a patron so I will do my best to support you with some feedback. (And my rating will change as the game gets better.)

First, the environments are beautiful to look at. The swamps and grasslands. Really does give the feeling like you are in the village of the leaves. Though do recommend you include some more trees. In the anime, one of the things that stuck out to me was just how giant the trees were. So big that they could support your weight as you jumped across them.

Did not like some of the dialogue from the leaf ninja. While they look the part with their headbands, just having them say, ‘I am shonibi of village hidden in leaf’ feels boring. Would like it more if they were more dismissive of you because you are so weak, especially when compared to Naruto. Not only showing you where you are on the power level but also showing just how heartless the ninja world can be.

Also noticed a weird thing when you go through a door, instead of having a black outline, when the door opens, it is just a brick wall. Giving the impression that you are walking into a brick wall.

Also just recommend you spruce up the dialogue a bit. A few to many times the characters use the word ‘i’ and is not even capitalized.

This next part is probably a process in development but recommend having the fifth hokage, lady Tsunade, be inside the building. When she is outside, it gives the impression that she is waiting on you hand and foot. Even though you are probably just a genin.

Must admit, I loved the part where freaking Sakura beat your ass. This is good story. For one, it shows just how strong a member of team seven is who trained under a Sanin. Second, it shows just how weak your character is and just how much you have to grow in order to just even match her power.

Could use some work on the mysterious stranger. I thought Jack was trained in the shonibi village and they definitely would have taught him to beware of strangers instead of just immediately taking a strangers aid (even if he is 100% right about him getting beaten up by a useless character).

Did not like the time skip of training under NOT OROCHIMARU. To me, this could have been a great way to learn the basics of the world. Learn what strong and heavy attacks are, stamina, how to heal yourself, how to gain and lose chakra, how to gather medicine, how combat works, etc. There is a lot of possibilities here. Yet to just read ‘(Jack trained for a year with a mysterious fellow)’ felt so weak. You mean to tell me no one would question where he disappeared to for a year. (Though I guess that since he is so weak, they just assumed he died. Like what Sakura said. And when you do return to the village, no one seems all that bothered that you disappeared for a year outside the village.)

Did love the part where the MC talks to Temari and says that finding cats is his specality. LOL. Loved the reference to Tora.

Would also like it if you included a quest system in the main menu so you know what all your missions are.

Would also like that instead of the MC’s title being ‘hero’, it said something more mundane. Maybe genin or even cannon fodder.