Should i animate in daz, blender or in something else?

Nov 9, 2022
EXCUSE ME!?!? I SEE YOU ARE A NEW USER, BUT ARE YOU ALSO NEW TO THE NSFW COMMUNITY?!?!!?

:p I'm just having fun, but in all seriousness, you are only as good as your skills with a tool... with higher-end tools allowing you to do the same/more with less skill needed. This is true of hand tools (I solder circuit boards together) to software (you don't need to be a 3D artist to use Daz for example). Sometimes constraints and limited tools inspire some of the most creative solutions, and some times it is a bunch of bs not even worth a second thought ( aka obsolete technology).

I think I am one of the more active vocal Blender user in the game dev sub section of these forums. I use daz for blocking out character ideas, but I port characters into blender to continue my work, sculpting, animating, rendering. I could write you an essay on how blender is better than iray, down to a technical level. Although I haven't looked much into Octane (another render engine option for daz that most people upgrade to), even if octane was able to match blender's cycles engine spec for spec, my analysist would then evolve into discussing how you can better calibrate blender in a variety of ways, but then my argument would be dependant on the user's skills to use blender, and that's blenders main downfall.

Sure, with the recent upgrade to blender 2.8, blender is now more user-friendly than it has ever been, offering a range of features that have the attention of multi-million dollar companies and donators, but it still isn't an "open it for the first time, do nothing but hit the render button and expect to be amazed" experience for those with short or fearful attention spans due to being new to the hobby, and having grown up in a society that teaches its young to fear learning new things and instead train them to seek easy and immediate satisfaction.

I find that most who give blender a chance stick with it, from research professors to modders. blender is a jack of all trade, a tool box with many uses. It's not like daz, a power tool good for only a particular use, instead blender is like hand tools, able to do the same work, but it may take a few more steps. It is something worth adding to your collection.

Blender can do render quality, here are stuff I have made (I am more of a technical artist, so I mostly experiment rather than truly create, so I don't have much)

and as far as I know, the majority of all nsfw renders are done using blender (especially those that look good) with Source Film maker also being one of the dominant animation programs (albeit old video game like graphics).

I am most certainly biased, but I would say blender's animation tools are pretty good, you can use EEVEE to do quick renders or to view the animation in real time, and this works with lower end hardware so it may work well for you compaired to something like iClone 7. but idk polywog is a more pro 3D user than most on these forums.
I like your skin tones test. Eevee or Cycles? (Show us your nodes! :p )

Don't forget that some skin tones need differently colored palms, for a variety of reasons. When I tried something like this (but way more stylized,) I found I got good results from masking out the palms and parts of the lips and using a secondary set of colors there, but YMMV.

Last edited: