VN Ren'Py Sihai's Legacy [v6.1.3] [Custard-Filled Alvis]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Kruxis

Sep 3, 2019
That's actually the free update that you have in the Patreon version already. The only new thing you'd get from it is Rob's new sprite

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Oh. Well at least it helps avoid any possible confusion like this
This game runs with the early access model, whenever there's a new patreon version, the old version goes free to public.
But the update is not regular / not monthly, so there might be a big time gap between the paid and free version.

I thought they also paywall contents, but in fact no contents are pay-walled.
The only things you get if you pay the highest tier, is an extra "music / gallery".

Last edited:

gorzk

Jul 2, 2024
This game runs with the early access model, whenever there's a new patreon version, the old version goes free to public.
But the update is not regular / not monthly, so there might be a big time gap between the paid and free version.

I thought they also paywall contents, but it seems you only get extra "music / gallery" if you pay the highest tier.
well, still i think there's only one person doing all the job, coding, sprites, BGs, etc, we gotta give him credit for that, also he's been pretty strict with his schedule and the game's just evolving on gigantic steps, the drawing just keep getting better and better...

Reactions: nackedsnake

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
well, still i think there's only one person doing all the job, coding, sprites, BGs, etc, we gotta give him credit for that, also he's been pretty strict with his schedule and the game's just evolving on gigantic steps, the drawing just keep getting better and better...
Oh sry if My wording was confusing. I wasn't actually judging how they monetise their game.

In fact, they deserve more credit than that.
They put up this quite polished / good quality game to public for free, no hidden charges / no paywall gimmiks that make free version worse (like many other free ones does).
The only draw back I can see is the quirky art-style (that will never become very popular)

Reactions: gorzk
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote