Seeking Simply good games

Jun 5, 2022
A lot of h-games have terrible dialogue, and repetitive gameplay, which mostly consists of some sort of grinding towards the next sex scene (either by 'training' or xp grinding. ).

What are some games that would be fun to play without sex scenes, which hold up well on their own? Rule of thumb: would you play it without the sex scenes? I really enjoyed pretty warrior may cry (I guess it was so good because they ripped off another, good game). Goblin Burrow is also well made but honestly, the themes get a little too gruesome for me.

To clarify a bit about what I think is fun gameplay: PWMC actually had something going on with the rapid gameplay where you had to work out a plan to defend your dungeon, corrupt enemies, and improve your monsters. Goblin Burrow has base building. In both games you have to think a bit about what you're doing and the situation can get really tense.

Last edited:

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Very few smut games can match even an average mainstream game in quality, but here are some I know that are at least passable in terms of gameplay.

As for which games I'd play without the sex:

BMO TV, which is about bimbofication, so sex is not required for its appeal.
SKA, which I'd play just for the gradual IRL corruption, and it helps that it has decent JRPG gameplay.

Bev_

Nov 17, 2018
I'm mostly playing VNs so I can't really say anything considering the 'gameplay part'. If thats fine with you, I'll stick to the
What are some games that would be fun to play without sex scenes, which hold up well on their own? Rule of thumb: would you play it without the sex scenes?
These are the games I'd play even without H-scenes, because they have something else (story in most cases) I've enjoyed so much that I stopped caring about the lewds at some point:
Games by PhillyGames (Depraved Awakening, City of Broken Dreamers)
Games by Talothral (Sorcerer, Terminus Reach 1 & 2)
Superhuman
Mist

• Angry
Reactions: Fio.011

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
Very few smut games can match even an average mainstream game in quality
Funnily enough I find quite a few lewd jRPGs are better than most non-lewd jRPGs (only the top rated AAA ones are an exception). Though not that many seem to enjoy jRPG gameplay. One example is The Mercenarys Adventure is definitely worth playing for the story, characters and world. Only thing is lewd games rarely get the translations they deserve..

Black Souls has some of the best jRPG combat Ive ever seen and has one of the better translations.

Renryuu is an exception though as one of the few good Western jRPGs. Fountain of Mana is another though not as good. If jRPGs are something you enjoy I can dig up a list of some more.

For non jRPG only one I can really think of is Four Elements Trainer. It has hilarious writing and its better than most VNs (I usually cant get into VNs tbh). The writing does get better from book to book though.

chrisb

Nov 1, 2017
If you haven't played The Last Sovereign, you are missing out. It's some of the best writing in an RPG I've ever played, lewd or not. The story is very compelling, with a fully realized world and expanding characters. It has heart without being self-serious, humor without being overly meta, and a world that feels lived in without it being overwhelming.

One warning that may be a deal breaker. It's an RPGM game that describes the sex scenes instead of showing a lot (text-based sex scenes). They've begun adding images to each scene but it's not complete and honestly, it's really just a visual aid, instead of the focus. The descriptions are extremely well done as well. If that doesn't work for you, it's understandable, however, if your criteria is games I'd play with no sex scenes, this one definitely fits.

Reactions: scholardude