VN - Ren'Py - Sin Heels [Ep.1 v1.0] [Hera Novels]

1. 4.00 star(s)

swiver

This is really FUN.

On paper/tags it doesn't sound new (what would?) but what you get is quite unique. The FMC is a protagonist of a game/VN you are playing, to win, to achieve...

I've played loads of FMC games incuding where she is dominant and/or the dev has tried to make her a true protagonist of a story, but what yoy mostly get is a character you can place in scenes/situations of your choice, often thinking of/identifying with the type of partner she should do/be whatever with. Which was fine and I downloaded this, happily expecting all of that with nice renders. But:

This is different and even better.

Now, all we need is real branching instead of the choices only influencing the lewd action and, presumably, counting to the increase/decrease of characteristics of MC.

Besides the concept and scope:

Renders are great. But probably because of how great the scenes and looks is, I do find myself hoping that with all the new tools out there or AI brush-ups or whatever the devs will spring for another cherry on top of this cherry.

I do not reckon there are as many scenes as the changelog seems to imply (26?!), unless they're counting varieties of each scene, but what is there is already rich with kinks and poses. The variety in power dynamics is commendable, with FMC experiencing both bottoms and tops.

This should be a 5 star review. This will be a 5 star game. Just a couple more updates to feel whole.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

flaviopaganini

I only play visual novels (VNs) with male protagonists because I like to simulate the actions I would take if I were in the main character's place. Additionally, in the few VNs with female protagonists that I've played, the woman usually uses her body to gain some advantage.

I downloaded this game because one of its tags indicated multiple protagonists. However, you spend most of the time controlling a female protagonist. But, unlike other games, this one captivated me. Maybe it's because, in recent months, I've been playing VNs with weak, idiotic, and loser protagonists. Coming across a game where the main character is determined and fearless made my eyes light up.

This game has a unique aesthetic, a kind of Noir style with a highlight of lilac color, accompanied by excellent music that helps set the mood. I like how the story progresses in an agile and straightforward manner, without dragging on. Here, there isn't much space for unnecessary dialogue, keeping you always attentive and without getting bored.

The 3D models are spectacular. Maybe I'm tired of the DAZ asset standards that everyone is using. Seeing new faces gives more identity to this visual novel. Another good thing is that, unlike other VNs, this one has a well-balanced cast of men and women.

I subscribed to the developer's Patreon, and upon accessing it, I noticed that the developer is very active, with frequent updates on development, polls, and especially regular releases.

Regarding the game's story, it starts with two fashion entrepreneurs who adopt some girls. When they become adults, these girls become models and work for the adoptive parents' company. One of them ends up seducing her adoptive father, and the adoptive mother discovers the affair, expelling her from the house and the agency, leaving her without money. The game focuses on this girl's attempt at redemption and her revenge against the adoptive mother.

The game is recommended for those who like Femdom, but it displays options before erotic scenes, allowing you to choose whether to be the dominant or the submissive.

I highly recommend the game and hope that one day it will be available on Steam because I would buy it and try to achieve all its achievements.

Review of Patreon Version 1.3
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Timesucker

I like this kind of setting, and the visuals are good. Yeah, it does follow a tried-and-true formula. The game is enjoyable. I see good potential here. It has nice visuals and music for the ambiance. It's a demo game at the moment. I will come back and update my review if I see a need to.