2.30 star(s) 4 Votes

jktulord

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Any reason why it won't run on Mac or Linux? Electron can build for both and there's no reason why the games would behave any differently on those platforms. I should look into Electron more I guess -- not sure if it actually compiles stuff or not. Does it work on Windows on ARM?
I have an option to make builds for it. I even tried to make a mac build, but I stumbled into an issue that it just didn't work I couldn't debug it. I can make it, but it would multiply the required work both in version management and QA and debugging. The project is 1 person operation and I cant't make good updates and manage the version. But when the game hits steam, linux and mac builds are ensured. Also AFAIK it is bootable on mac on ARM VM in Windows 10 mode, don't know about windows on ARM - haven't tested either(the game is build on x64 and gets tested only in windows 10).

burned01

Jun 3, 2024
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I would never suggest claiming compatibility if you don't have the platform to test on. I'll give it a spin -- I've got both a mac and Linux dev environment on X86_64 so I might as well see what happens.

Edit: Learned a bit about Electron and yeah, since it compiles into a .exe, no way to test without a platform specific build. Verified by looking at the latest version. I'm surprised this is tagged "HTML" -- I guess the underpinnings of the executable are but this will clearly not run in a generic browser.

Last edited:
Reactions: dabelstein

nononomaybe

Jun 6, 2018
Hey jktulord, thanks for the interesting game!
I played for about an hour and have some feedback to offer:

+ The images are pleasingly atmospheric and enjoyable. I particularly like the fuzzy look of the background/location images. More backgrounds for different locations would be worthwhile (Forest, Street, House). It helps make the navigation a bit more interesting.
+ In an hour of play my character bonked two girls, the Prosecutor and the Hutori Pond succubus. I appreciate that there is actually some sex content in what is clearly intended as a more survival/exploration game.

- Spelling and grammar errors are frequent enough to be distracting.
A few examples: "people you came to this encasement with" (encampment?); "professor got gravely injure" (injured); "Looked as she bleed out with your eyes" (Looked up at you as she bled out?); "HutoriPound" (Hutori Pond).
I suggest using a text editor that can highlight some of these, although text programs struggle to detect incorrectly used words if they are correctly spelled. A proofreader would be best.
- Some numbers displayed are raw floats when they should display rounded numbers. The float overflow can interfere with buttons, which was particularly annoying at the Workshop Repair. (see attached screenshot)
- After the tutorial there is no clear goal or mission. I recommend at least some basic objectives to guide the player toward points of interest. "Meet the Widows", "Investigate the Pond". Perhaps an in-world way to do this is by having the "Research" discover missions in addition to generating some money. A very light way to guide the player is with something like a " 3/15 Secrets Discovered" counter, or % Completion tracker.
The problem is that as a player I just wandered around the world for a bit until I became bored. I have no idea how much of the content I've seen, if I missed anything cool, or why I should bother earning money.

Cheers mate.

jktulord

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Hey jktulord, thanks for the interesting game!
I played for about an hour and have some feedback to offer:

+ The images are pleasingly atmospheric and enjoyable. I particularly like the fuzzy look of the background/location images. More backgrounds for different locations would be worthwhile (Forest, Street, House). It helps make the navigation a bit more interesting.
+ In an hour of play my character bonked two girls, the Prosecutor and the Hutori Pond succubus. I appreciate that there is actually some sex content in what is clearly intended as a more survival/exploration game.

- Spelling and grammar errors are frequent enough to be distracting.
A few examples: "people you came to this encasement with" (encampment?); "professor got gravely injure" (injured); "Looked as she bleed out with your eyes" (Looked up at you as she bled out?); "HutoriPound" (Hutori Pond).
I suggest using a text editor that can highlight some of these, although text programs struggle to detect incorrectly used words if they are correctly spelled. A proofreader would be best.
- Some numbers displayed are raw floats when they should display rounded numbers. The float overflow can interfere with buttons, which was particularly annoying at the Workshop Repair. (see attached screenshot)
- After the tutorial there is no clear goal or mission. I recommend at least some basic objectives to guide the player toward points of interest. "Meet the Widows", "Investigate the Pond". Perhaps an in-world way to do this is by having the "Research" discover missions in addition to generating some money. A very light way to guide the player is with something like a " 3/15 Secrets Discovered" counter, or % Completion tracker.
The problem is that as a player I just wandered around the world for a bit until I became bored. I have no idea how much of the content I've seen, if I missed anything cool, or why I should bother earning money.

Cheers mate.
Noted. The grammar is a known issue. The game for now is in a very rough state and I am mainly adding the planned core mechanics, and making it closer to sandbox rpg it was meant to be. Quests already got functionally implemented in v0.6. An in-game phone which will be used for mission tracking is already on the way. And after it there is going to be a rework of the save system which will allow to add simulation and make time meaningful. Then there will be the focus on progression, content and global goals. (sound far fetched but it might only take a month)

Reactions: nononomaybe

vidyaa

Mar 6, 2018
Really cool game so far, quickly clicking through a bunch of junk and looting the medical supplies is oddly satisfying. It'd be good if there was a way to quickly click to add stuff to the shop/research area (unless I missed the controls for that)

namtab

Jun 28, 2020
Isn't the item not lost from the container if it is not taken in Tarkov , right?

2.30 star(s) 4 Votes