VN - Ren'Py - Sinflux Chronicles [v0.1b] [SnappoX]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Guz007

Love the story-line and models that are shown except the mc's ugly mug,
    The renders are good but the lighting is off and the UI is just terrible everything feels clunky ,
    Giving it a 4 stars in hopes that the dev can improve upon things.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Hawkeye3d

There is misspelling and incorrect grammar in some places but nothing to distracting. The story is interesting and is different. It would be nice to see this followed up with by the developer, but it has the feel of being an experiment but will see. Definitely earned 4 stars.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Ai Shoujo Fan

Sinflux Chronicles 0.1

This is another annoying game ruined by stupid decisions.

By default, Renpy lets you see and access around 12 save slots per page. This game limits you to only three save slots per page.

Not only that, but you can't even see the previews of each slot unless you hover over the file name. So normally, in most Renpy games, I could click three pages within a single second and quickly see 36 different preview images. But in this game, it would take me an hour to look through 36 different saves to find out which one I wanted. And because they would be separated into 12 different pages, and I have to hover over each file name to see the preview, and because there is a one or two second delay before the preview image appears, it would take me forever and I would forget and lose my memory of what save was where.

The preferences screen has been disabled. Go figure. I have no control over volume or any other preferences. EDIT: I found it later.

Skipping was disabled. I had to install Unren to enable it. EDIT: I found it later.

The menu screen has a bunch of confusing buttons. I literally had to take 2-3 minutes experimenting to figure out which button does what. I mean at the least, the developer should have put a popup text on each button hover so we know what button does what. I now know which buttons are Quit, Return, Save, and Load. But there is another button I have no idea what it does.

For some reason the game glitched so the first time I tried to save, I got an error message. I restarted the game and surprisingly it worked after that.

The MC is ugly. It's really annoying to look at him and you see him every single image in the game. In a lot of games, there are better looking MCs or you will be in first person view in most of the scenes, sometimes switching to third person view. But in this game, you are always in third person view looking at an ugly MC.

You'll spend the first minute or two staring at the back of the MC's ugly head, which was very aggravating.

Most of the story in the first release pretty much amounts to you being an ugly MC and assaulting a female on the bus, just because you feel like it. And I guess the bus driver didn't care. In fact, I don't think the bus was even moving. It was just parked on the side of the road.

The renders are clear but they aren't good. There is no good shading and lighting so there is no depth or liveliness to the art.

The characters are dead. They have no expressions other than narcissitic behavior and anger. They are either fighting, arguing, being defensive, assaulting, or jerking off. They don't seem to have normal human emotions like happiness, surprise, confusion, jealousy, greed, etc.

The MC seems to have no goals in life but to assault women and jerk off. A homeless person probably has more direction and character in life.

Only after the end of the game, did I realize that there is a preferences menu. There are five or six diamond shape marks on the menu screen. They looked purely decorative to me, but they are in fact buttons that let you see the various preference options. It's too well hidden.

But despite knowing that skipping is allowed, knowing that I don't need Unren, knowing that there is a preferences screen... I can't give this game more than one or two stars because the game art needs a lot of improvement. They images are clear, but the lighting and shading and skin textures are not good. I see big breasted women but their face would be too dark. They'd bee in a too dark room. There wouldn't be subtle light and shading effects on the body to make the characters feel more real. I also didn't like how the MC is nobody of interest. He is just walking around with his dick in his hand assaulting people. And I didn't like the human interactions and expressions. It's nothing but angry faces, unhappy faces, etc. And the MC was a bit annoying to look at. Even though the women are big breasted, on a scale from 1-5, I find them only interesting as a 1 or 1.5. The sex scenes aren't very fleshed out. They are mediocre, but then again most games don't invest in fleshed out sex scenes. They always do the bare minimum.

I want to give this game one star, but I will be VERY GENEROUS and give it two stars just because of the big breasted females. I think that the FAIREST review I can give it two stars. There is no way I could consider this an average three star game. It's awesome the developer went the creative approach and made a good looking menu screen, but there should be hover text that shows which each button does. Like if you hover over the save button, it should say "Save" somewhere. And the five diamond shaped decorations blend in too well. There should be some sort of labeling to let the user know that those buttons are clickable and not part of the decorations. I also do not like the save system of not being able to see previews unless you hover over a file name. The game does not interest me much. I would probably wait 8 more releases for the game to have more content, download it, skim through it, and still rate it two stars.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

BlaHard

Very nice animations. cool dialogs. But not enough rape stuff.
    Renders are good too,

unusual plot, it seemed like I saw it and fucked it, but it didn’t seem like it, in short, the developer came up with something new and I liked it. The moment with forced sex, the desire is reflected in a really cool way. I wish we had more developers doing something like this. But again, in my opinion, there are not enough moments of forced sex.