4.10 star(s) 7 Votes

mk40

Jul 23, 2018
stuck in the first level, i can go all the way to the right where the shadows get stronger but thats it. neither all the way to the left nor right results into anything. nothing happens.
That's the end of the test build, there isn't anything else for now.

Zanurah

Jul 10, 2022
Im not a fan of those flash animation like 2d games. The motions are just so uncanny. Pixel art games like this however have pure effort based animtions and those are the real good ones: like parasite in city, echidna wars
I'd include Anthophobia, then. That's another I was really impressed by, despite how weird the ending was.

You do make a good argument, though. While I don't mind the art direction in NoR there is something to be said about how janky it can look outside its fluid H-animations. Pixel art really is king for keeping things grounded and natural-looking.

alex-trev

May 6, 2020
Update:

1. Current development status
At present, the action part of the game is roughly done, so we are currently working on the out-of-game (?) features required for mass production of content. There are also some minor game changes that will be discussed later.

Recent big tasks include:
◆ Settings screen (key binding/language switching)
◆ Dialogue and text management
◆ Map quest function
◆ Gallery function

2. Settings screen progress
User interface is currently being handled by engineer Mii-kun
1.jpg
Sound and graphic settings will not affect mass production of content, so we plan to postpone them

3. Dialogue UI
Organized the user interface and created specifications and requirements. After the settings screen and "language switching" are completed, it will be possible to implement dialogue UI as well.
2.jpg

4. Portrait of NPC "Female villager A"
Based on the character design of a female villager sent by manga artist Sendo-san last week, I'm going to make a portrait by retouching and coloring to match the atmosphere of the game.
3.jpg
4.jpg

5. Village and stage specifications
In order to make more use of such NPCs, we have adjusted the specifications related to villages and stages that we plan to create in the future.

Until now, we assumed that you would select a dungeon symbol such as "forest" or "sewer" from your base (village) through the map, and play multiple variations of that stage as missions. 5.jpg
The dungeon here refers to a stage where you go through about 5 or 6 areas and fight a boss at the end. 6.jpg

Since most of the areas such as villages, roads, and dungeons are connected, it's similar to a so-called "Metroidvania", but the scale is more compact than a typical one, and the terrain and action directions are different. .

Rather than wandering around a vast castle and filling in maps that you haven't been to yet, the image of having an "area on the way" in addition to the base and stage of the previous Sinisistar, you can do it with only dungeons. The purpose is to make events with difficult situations smaller and more diverse. (So-called fast travel is planned to be available)

It may be close to the image that the "main quest" of an open world game is the dungeon, and the "sub-quest" is the village or the event on the way.

By the way, this will result in more areas to be created than initially planned, but a considerable part of the road area background can be made with common materials, and on the contrary, the implementation content will be relatively simple. So it seems that there is not much difference in the overall amount of work.

P.S. Once again, translated with Google. Feel free to provide a more correct translation :)

Pervypervus

Jan 2, 2018
Seems like it's been mostly UI work this week. Very important for the atmosphere, counterintuitively can take a while. Not super exciting, but extremely necessary.

alex-trev

May 6, 2020
Update:

Сharacter menu design
image-web.jpg
Before creating events with NPCs, I needed a way to manage quests, so I designed the familiar quest list UI you see in most open world games.
We don't plan to make the whole map too big and the roads won't be too difficult, so we don't plan to make quest markers, but we have prepared them as a reminder for those who play.
Of course, it's also a new feature that wasn't in the previous game, but I think it's relatively simple mechanism.

Map
image-web (1).jpg

I also created the user interface for the map screen.I plan to reflect the position of the player on the map as well. We plan to change the icon for unexplored routes, but the implementation hasn't been finalized yet, so it hasn't changed in the picture above.

Implementation of the options screen
image-web (2).jpg

Designer Mii-kun continues to implement the options screen, and most of the key customization and language switching features have already been completed.

NPCs design
Villager woman & Grave keeper
image-web (3).jpg image-web (4).jpg

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Cool... Maybe they finally take away from her old school wooden pointer and give her actual weapon?
I mean yeah, if you able to force eldritch monstrosities to die after beating it up by a wooden pointer is cool, but isnt it a bit too much???

Pervypervus

Jan 2, 2018
I think it's meant to be a wand, because early on in development they said they wanted her to be a pure caster and to feel helpless in melee combat to, I think it was, sell the hopeless atmosphere and uphill battle. It's tempting I'm sure to give her a "real" weapon like Rabien's sword, but that would defeat the purpose of changing the character's class.

other-s

Sep 21, 2021
I guess if they want to keep the whole magic wand theme, they could just have a sort of magic blade light come out of the wand. Though the enemies go down fairly easily with the current melee looks, so it's either a really powerful wooden pointer, or it's a placeholder, or the enemies are chumps.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Legendary melee weapon "Wooden pointer of the ancients"
It was used in the catholic school near the church to beat discipline into newcomer nuns. Was in use for over a 300 years. It absorbed pain of each hit inflicted on countless young bodies. Thus boost it base attack on outstanding 9000% by releasing absorbed pain with each hit.

GRIMDARK

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Legendary melee weapon "Wooden pointer of the ancients"
It was used in the catholic school near the church to beat discipline into newcomer nuns. Was in use for over a 300 years. It absorbed pain of each hit inflicted on countless young bodies. Thus boost it base attack on outstanding 9000% by releasing absorbed pain with each hit.

GRIMDARK
Never have I been so glad to have been brought up Catholic.

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes