4.10 star(s) 7 Votes

Zanurah

Jul 10, 2022
1689494711907.png

This week's update is about... blood pools. At least from what the dev is implying, it can be a visual aid in telling whether an character/NPC is dead or not. lol, something about being inspired by earlier Resident Evil games. For now, though, it's only a background effect but if I'm reading the update right it sounds like he wants blood to also cover more eventually.

They're also currently working on a boss for the first dungeon. Still image for it is already done, just needs to be animated. By the sounds of it the boss will take effort as he also goes on to say that it'll involve a big game over scene.

And then there's... routines?

"Recently, we have a system in place to accept outsourcers and assistants, and we have entered a stage where it is easier to proceed if we simply move our hands, so we are thinking of cutting off the Internet and developing in a "Kanzume" environment."

"If it is good, I may appear here less often, but I will continue to report on the progress itself."

"Of course, there is a possibility that the kanzume does not fit and will be returned immediately."

Last edited:

Zanurah

Jul 10, 2022
Nothing much to report this week. Further progress has been made on the dungeon boss. Working on its game over, atm.

One cool little detail Uu (the dev) mentioned today is how footstep sounds will vary based on where you walk. Huzzah!

On a side note, I replayed the first game earlier in the day and found things on this playthrough I did not encounter before. Really is a great game even now and I feel sad for forgetting that Uu always did have Nen_ai and Miikun helping him. Derp!

Does anyone know what other works Haru Amachi (the voice actress) is involved with? She really was a perfect Rabiane.

Reactions: Kantoraketti
Sep 12, 2021
Nothing much to report this week. Further progress has been made on the dungeon boss. Working on its game over, atm.

One cool little detail Uu (the dev) mentioned today is how footstep sounds will vary based on where you walk. Huzzah!

On a side note, I replayed the first game earlier in the day and found things on this playthrough I did not encounter before. Really is a great game even now and I feel sad for forgetting that Uu always did have Nen_ai and Miikun helping him. Derp!

Does anyone know what other works Haru Amachi (the voice actress) is involved with? She really was a perfect Rabiane.
Well, here you have all works on dlsite in which she took part in, enjoy:

Reactions: Zanurah

alteros

Jul 25, 2018
Damn, seems like we won't be getting weekly updates anymore. At least it seems like we're getting closer to seeing a new dungeon.

Sep 12, 2021
Damn, seems like we won't be getting weekly updates anymore. At least it seems like we're getting closer to seeing a new dungeon.
Last time dev wrote about mostly finishing dungeon boss, and the dungeon itself, propably would have everything ready by 2-3 weeks. Now, it's his call to throw new ROM update for people to try the dung, and while there are many that just wait for final release without playing, I would definitively take some time off from fucking bears in new Baldurs gate to check this dungeon out.

• Haha
Reactions: alteros

Melon

Jun 7, 2017
I see this game suffer from the same thing the first one did. I just can't bring myself to like these sluggish controls. And also the melee could literally not exist, it's useless.

Sep 12, 2021
I see this game suffer from the same thing the first one did. I just can't bring myself to like these sluggish controls. And also the melee could literally not exist, it's useless.
After current ROM version was released dev spent around four to five weeks on weight control and fluidity of movement, so it's propably better now. Can't say for certain without new ROM to test this tho.

Melon

Jun 7, 2017
After current ROM version was released dev spent around four to five weeks on weight control and fluidity of movement, so it's propably better now. Can't say for certain without new ROM to test this tho.
Oh that's nice. Thanks for the info. That might actually make me play it.

Sep 12, 2021
On the matter of new news people:
  • Devs now focus on finishing and polishing already done parts, like returning to bugs that pop up during creation of first dungeon, to register the game on dlsite and produce a trial version, I assume more rich in content than than the current ROM.
  • From now progress repots will be every two weeks, but that was propably obvious.
  • The dungeon features three new small enemies alongside new boss, now they do background music
  • Game over scene for new boss is done. In funny manner dev tells that, depending on point of view and one's likeness, he cannot say that it is subjectively better than what he made in previous game, but quality of art and all of that is better.
  • Clothing should be more expressive and reactive in playthrough, but this is work in progress.

Zanurah

Jul 10, 2022
I'm certainly curious what this dungeon boss will be when all is said and done. Uu seems to be alluding it to having enough in common with something from the first game so my mind wanders! Yet... if I had to guess, I'm betting it's some kind of monster similar to the one seen at the end of the Tree of Peace arc. Granted, Uu's already hinted other enemies like the plant lady, spiders, goblins, etc, it would be fair to conclude the dungeon is nature based at the very least.

Still, I do like the notion the dev has a naked model to work with underneath all the clothing. =P

1691322058205.png

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes