Ren'Py - Sins of Night [Release 1] [MakinWaves]

1. 5.00 star(s)

coke777

This one was a surprise. A great start for a thrilling adult game with Vampire themes. Most vampire games tend to be boring, generic, predictable, not this one it's actually quite interesting. It's dark but not over the top. The characters are remarkable, the story is incredibly well paced. MC is attractive, a relief considering most AVNs tend to have nerd looking guys. The girls look very lustful and unique. The main aspect i liked the most about the game is how the world doesn't revolve around the MC. He's still learning how to evolve and climb the current social hierarchy.

About the characters:
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

labatadoria

Vampire: The Masquerade collides with a well-designed and conceived incest-themed sandbox RenPy game, coupled with well-done 3D renders. While it's at an extremely early stage (so far, you can only seduce one character, and at least one of the routes ends before it gets too hot and heavy), but the content that's there is extremely impressive in both its design and presentation.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Blaisdale

Release version 1.

First I'll say that I am pleasantly surprised with how it started.
    As of late vampire games take after VTMB
    (Vampire the masquerade bloodlines) or famous recent tv shows.

Which honestly tends to get a bit old, where its either you are being like adopted into some other vampire family or protection. That tends to make the game tiring when the starting seems to remind you of so many other games.

With that being said, this game has a feel to me of something before VTMB, a tv show called "Forever Knight" now the so called masquerade has been around before VTMB. But I like how this is done because it doesn't feel like the start of the game isn't ripping off something else.

You are told you need to make a choice, however my first gripe is you dont get to actually make this choice, rather its made for you. I would have preferred to walk away from family but that's me.
    (maybe in time?)

In the tv show "Forever knight" there is a so called father figure named
    Lucien LaCroix, which to me is almost mirrored here with your sire. Not showing to much emotion to you, but actions stating he will care about you to some degree.

There was a scene that stuck out to me from that show when Nick said "You taught me to take what I want." To be corrected by LaCroix instantly "I taught you to take what you need and nothing more!" The sire reminds of LaCroix and if you seen the tv show, you understand the win there.

I liked the fact right off the bat its told to you and shown to you, sunlight will kill you fast specially when being a new born as age will make you stronger against the sun. Then pulling your arm into the light to show you how fast you get damaged.

This game is showing a lot of promise so far, however it seems to be evident a bit that a lot of that "potential" is going to be missed. Its stated dont trust any supernatural beings. Ok I get that but the two based around you, seem to show that, your sire wants you to grow up fast and dump you off and that the other female likes you but wants nothing to do with you.

There seems to be a lot going on but each character is showing a pattern of "needing to be distant". I'm giving leeway right now being its release 1 but when each character is showing a pattern that makes me wonder.

The story line so far is great, it doesn't steal from others at least currently.
    I'm curious to see how skills will be put into the game. If it will be something interesting or more of a grind feature of "if you have level 2 you can do this", I hope it more takes after a game called Genex Love in that regard where maybe you can unlock special stuff and it not be just a numbers game.

The open world is a bit annoying but its not as bad as some games I've played, with that being said, I hate open world games in VN's. So how you will feel about it will differ for sure.

I cant wait to see more vampires and other beings in the game, I hope this doesn't go the road of becoming more of a kinetic novel.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Gettyra

Even with the very little content we have right now as i'm writing this(Release 1) this is already showing massive promise beyond many other projects. Eagerly awaiting how far this dev can go with this.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

DrFeelGud

Definitely need to keep an eye on this one. The mechanics are cool and the renders are great. Love & Vice was a favorite of mine so seeing the same dev gives me high hopes for what they can accomplish with Ren'Py and having control over the scenes
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Hjyfh

I have played the dev's other game love and vice and seen improvements with that game but it's main problem for me was the fact it was a Html game and i couldn't easily load and try different routes this game solves pretty much all the problems i had with the other title renpy's save system works great with it and lets me go back and try the corruption and love routes of the current character and by the looks of it multiple in the future. In terms of this games story has very nice start for a vampire story and does the blood mechanic well with it essentially acting as mana for vampire powers and locking you into feeding if it gets to zero. The current job system is a little basic but not bad and can easily be improved. In terms of fetishes and content has a very good start with some vanilla action like blowjob and basic sex and some fetish like rimjob's and setting up a open door for a lot more to come like making characters more submisive or dominate through there dreams. Especially for a first version published it blew me away and made me very excited for more to come.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Mike145

I'll keep it short:
    • Really good renders.
    • An interesting and cool concept.
    • Well-written dialogues, both in terms of written English and in making the conversations believable.
    • There's no sharing right now, but switches for it are already in the game.
    • It's nice to see a sandbox that isn't useless and a game would be much better as a VN, making the game boring and tedious. Instead, it's one where there are systems that both justify it being a sandbox and are pleasant to play.
    My only suggestion after playing the intro would be to include an indicator for new scenes in an event.
    It's not a huge bother at this point, but if they stack up with updates, it could become a problem.
    Even if it doesn't happen, it's always nice to know where to find the new content instead of going there, checking, skipping if there's something new, and checking all the options.
    Ren'Py keeps track of seen events, so I guess it shouldn't be a big time consumer.
    Even then I think it's worth it because from the player's perspective, it makes the game much more enjoyable to play.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

forbiddenfables1

A really promising start for a game, from the renders to the dialogues very well done, love the theme of the game which also shows in the light and environment setting.

loved the mechanics very easy to use.
    goodluck on the next update , looking forward to it.