HTML - Abandoned - Sistersitting / Housesitting [v0.10.0 Fixed 4] [i107760]

1. 5.00 star(s)

medhathobo

This is actually some really good writing and a pretty compelling plot. There really is no need for pictures. The way things are segmented makes it easy to read. I don't even care about how few choices there are after expecting there to be lots. Hell with it being HTML, I was expecting a game, not a book, but I am actually enjoying this more for the story it is. I look forward to the finished product.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Sylar1234

Great text based game. The story is at the moment only at the beginning and pretty linear, but the author uses that to create a very erotic atmosphere. The characters are likeable and the story so far is believable. I especially like the cooking and the math problems.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

RightHandsAdventures

The best HTML game I've ever played. And I've played a LOT of HTML games. Solid writing, I like the characters, sufficient lewdness. Fairly linear at the moment, but I don't care much for options anyways, so it's perf.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Jackmann

Writing is good, but there's little in the way of actual sexual content other than jerking off and scenes that just lead to game overs so far.

Feels more like I'm just reading a straight up story than playing a game/interactive fiction. I get what's done so far is a "prologue", but it's a kind of boring prologue for how long it is.

Felt kind of mislead by the description as well. It starts out under the guise of you "sitting" your sister, but quickly turns the heel and becomes focused on her... goal of becoming an olympic swimmer? Just really didn't see it going that direction.

Feels like there's a lot of filler too. Found myself just quickly scanning over the weirdly detailed math homework and cooking segments.

Writing is very good on a technical level though.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Fap2766

Before I write my review, I want to set out that I really like text based games and based off the other reviews, I had high hopes.

Sadly, my hopes were dashed after playing.

The story is dull unless you have a maths homework fetish. The MC is unlikeable and the setting unoriginal and uninteresting.

The mechanics of gameplay are fine but that's about the only positive thing I can say.

So disappointing.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Abatoir3

Usually I don't play text-based games, but the writing is so good in this one that it really immerses you into the experience to the point where pictures are not necessary. The story and characters are both very well done. The character building especially, with it being very realistic to the point you are fully in the shoes of the character. Overall one of the best games on this site I would say.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Fyo

Very nice game. The writing is great, and the character's feel very substantial. This is definitely worth a try if you're into the tags. Don't let the text-only tag hold you back from trying this.

ps. Wholesome route is the best route.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Salami Pasta

v0.7.0
    Not much as a game (no graphics, sound, choices only for show), but that's alright. Don't think this should be approached as a game anyway.
    This is, basically, a good novel.
    Or a start of one.
    Writing is engaging, kinda believable; you can see there was effort involved in producing this.
    Keep it up.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

feelsbadman.inc

Honestly went into this not expecting much but wow... my expectations have been blown away, I made sure to read every word. The story and writing are really well done and kept me engaged the entire time I was reading. The characters are great and I'm glad the author is taking the time to flesh them out and allow the brother and sister's relationship to steadily grow and evolve over time instead of going straight into some kind of romance. The story outside of that is also intriguing and I'm excited to see how it will all play out, great work very excited to see more of this. The only "problem" that there might be is that in it's current state there isn't as much content but obviously this will be fixed over time.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

smite2001

I give it five stars for the writing and overall tone. The "game" really is just a linear novel with some "what-if" passages sprinkled in as bad ends. Not too much to see in terms of sexual content, but the build-up so far is great.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

what4j

*Rating based on v0.6.1*

Text based games live and die by the quality of the writing. The writing so far has been top notch, especially for an author where English is not their primary language. As I read to the end of the first 2 days, I found myself wanting to read/play more.

Too many games fall into a trap of either bombarding the player with unrealistic/uncharacteristic sex, or implement a grind so brutal that it is hours before you get to any character development or sex. The pace of this game so far has been refreshing. While there has not yet been much in the way of sexy times yet, there has been clear development of the characters and the groundwork for future sexiness is being laid. I am looking forward to seeing the growth of the characters in future releases.

The one "complaint" (and I use that word lightly) with the game in it's current state is that there are few choices and none are more meaningful than a dead end game over. As the game is in VERY early development, I will not penalize the score for this reason. As the game develops I have no doubt this will change.

The potential for an engaging story and game is one of the highest that I have seen in a long time. I will be keeping my eye on this one and wish the author well in their quest to finish the game as envisioned.

TL;DR: Very good writing, good characters, and top notch potential. 5/5 so far.