HTML Abandoned Sistersitting / Housesitting [v0.10.0 Fixed 4] [i107760]

4.50 star(s) 31 Votes

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Anyone know how to make patch work on android browser?
From what I heard, it is possible. What I understood is the following:
  1. download the game and patch if you want.
  2. open your browser on phone.
  3. use the browser to open the .html file, not sure if there is a menu option for it or if you have to navigate to “file:///” or similar.
Haven’t tried it myself, but good luck! So basically, do not use "recent downloads" or "recent files" or what have you, manually navigate to the location where game + patch are located.

dengandos

May 30, 2020
From what I heard, it is possible. What I understood is the following:
  1. download the game and patch if you want.
  2. open your browser on phone.
  3. use the browser to open the .html file, not sure if there is a menu option for it or if you have to navigate to “file:///” or similar.
Haven’t tried it myself, but good luck! So basically, do not use "recent downloads" or "recent files" or what have you, manually navigate to the location where game + patch are located.
Yeah it works before by utilising local file access but all androis browser updates made it not possible to access local file like that anymore. Been trying 5 browser still no luck.

I'm guessing that android browsers for some reason did not read preset.js which is why patch not working.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I'm guessing that android browsers for some reason did not read preset.js which is why patch not working.
I believe problem is that when you open the .html file using "recent downloads" or the notification, it's being opened from a temporary directory, not the directory that contains the .js file, and hence it cannot see it. No clue how to fix, sad to hear it no longer works.

aivas

Oct 22, 2017
Loving the game, but you're killing me by making us wait to play with the sister! XD I'm not really interested in the Sarah content, and maybe it would be good to eventually include a route where you don't date her but instead stay with just the sister? I know that divergent storylines are a lot more work, so don't feel like you have to just to please a few people.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Loving the game, but you're killing me by making us wait to play with the sister! XD I'm not really interested in the Sarah content, and maybe it would be good to eventually include a route where you don't date her but instead stay with just the sister? I know that divergent storylines are a lot more work, so don't feel like you have to just to please a few people.
The Sarah storyline is part of my plan to make the boy and housemate end up together, it would require an entire separate idea of how that would happen if I were to make a different path that excluded Sarah entirely. Still, I get your point, but there's little I can do about it.

The choice the player will have will be to stay with Sarah or not, laying the groundwork for that player choice right now in the next update and update after that most likely. You won't have to deal with her much longer.

lushlife

Sep 1, 2017
I'm loving the slow-burn romance and good wholesome feels of this story. Many may disagree with me here, but I would love seeing a slow progression of the romance in this story. Great job so far OP and thanks.

Beaba

Sep 30, 2019
Anyone know how to make patch work on android browser?
To anyone asking how to play HTML and Renpy games for PC on Androids, there's an app called JoiPlay that can run HTML and Renpy games on mobiles. You can download it on any store from your phone.
Mind you that the developers say it doesn't work on ALL HTML/Renpy games, some does, some don't.
But I am playing the game on it and works just fine (you will have to get used to the vertical screen though).

Also: if it looks that isn't working on your phone (like, run the game but got on black screen), try to "zoom out" with your fingers until you see some texts of the game and adjust the zoom again to your preference. It is kinda of a glitch where it is trying to adjust texts to be read in vertical and/or horizontal screens.

Hope that helped.

Also 2.0: When there will be a new update, if you don't mind asking?

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Also 2.0: When there will be a new update, if you don't mind asking?
Thanks a lot for the guide on android, I have linked to it in the OP.

Yes, I'm still alive and working on the game, but very pressed for time and dealing with burnout related to my normal life. I have taken steps to improve things, and will have time to focus on my mental health in March which hopefully will help.

OhhSnap

Feb 5, 2018
You asked to leave a comment about the diary system. I do like it. It's a good way to timeskip so important developments don't seem like they were all packed into like 1 week but grew gradually over time while still giving us an idea of what happened over the timeskip. I also like getting a glimpse into her thoughts from the diary.

Reactions: i107760

Nantes

Nov 18, 2019
I've read all the available material so far and I'm enjoying it. Threw a bronze medal your way on Patreon. Keep it up!

Reactions: i107760

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Like this game, do not need the pictures. If they get added after the story is finished, fine but the story should come first. Most of the story is pretty much perfect so far. I could really see this being a reality for some teen boy put in that type of situation, where he is really the primary caretaker of his sister. Never had a sister myself, so maybe I am wrong but this seems far more believable than most of the incest type games out there. The MC really struggles with these feelings and is trying every way to avoid going too far with them.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
I'd really love to support this project and the next ones, but I need the development to be quicker. (sorry)

Syliar

Jul 21, 2017
The way the height has been done is really, really strange (all those hyphens are just weird and not normal usage). Interesting enough but some really odd design choices that could definitely be improved by looking at other twine games.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
And.. more than 1 month of radio silence. Too bad, I really liked this project but between development speed and now this I can't believe in it.

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
It would be interesting if someone took up the task of converting this to a visual novel using the 3dcg designs from that signature pic with the girl in the blue outfit.

Reactions: Beaba
4.50 star(s) 31 Votes