Situation SUCC: Inn Elysium - spiritual successor to Succubus Prison

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Kernist

Dec 1, 2017
Some of you maybe heard about it already, but around one month ago someone decided to create the game Similar to Succubus Prison. Great news in my opinion because it was one of the best games I ever played and the developer of SP kinda went in different direction with his games. Even if project is ongoing for only one month there are already some interesting things to see:

I talked a bit with the developer and believe me, this guy is really passionate about SP. He even hired one of the artists that worked on that game (Shiki). More than that, he wants to improve a lot of things, for example h-scenes will be animated. He insists that after all he wants to do his own thing even if game takes a lot from SP. Personally I am pretty hyped.

1689796589751.png 1689796615907.png 1689796660285.png 1689796689134.png

So far, the horror aspect of the game also looks good:

Also from what the dev told me there are plans for collaboration dlcs that would add Alma Elma from "Monster Girl Quest" and Myusca and Nemea from "Succubus Prison" (I think there won't be Vinum sadly because of Steam policies). Apparently the artists already agreed to it. It is quite big possibility that they are brainstorming what other iconic succubi from other eroge they could try to add.

What do you guys think about it? I believe there should be more games like this, it's very hard to find a game that properly connects sexy with a horror aspect.

Kernist

Dec 1, 2017
I must say, I think this is the best sprite animation I saw in a game up to date. It is very detailed. I love how her boobs sway and how her tail drips liquid. Also soundtrack is awesome. It's very optimistic to see something looking so good from the earliest stages of development.

Estronix

Jan 21, 2022
Some of you maybe heard about it already, but around one month ago someone decided to create the game Similar to Succubus Prison. Great news in my opinion because it was one of the best games I ever played and the developer of SP kinda went in different direction with his games. Even if project is ongoing for only one month there are already some interesting things to see:

I talked a bit with the developer and believe me, this guy is really passionate about SP. He even hired one of the artists that worked on that game (Shiki). More than that, he wants to improve a lot of things, for example h-scenes will be animated. He insists that after all he wants to do his own thing even if game takes a lot from SP. Personally I am pretty hyped.

View attachment 2783698 View attachment 2783702 View attachment 2783705 View attachment 2783708

So far, the horror aspect of the game also looks good:

Also from what the dev told me there are plans for collaboration dlcs that would add Alma Elma from "Monster Girl Quest" and Myusca and Nemea from "Succubus Prison" (I think there won't be Vinum sadly because of Steam policies). Apparently the artists already agreed to it. It is quite big possibility that they are brainstorming what other iconic succubi from other eroge they could try to add.

What do you guys think about it? I believe there should be more games like this, it's very hard to find a game that properly connects sexy with a horror aspect.

Vinum he refused cause he doesn't like lolis like he stated lmao.

Also can i see the link where he hired Shiki?

Reactions: Sansbones69

Kernist

Dec 1, 2017
Vinum he refused cause he doesn't like lolis like he stated lmao.

Also can i see the link where he hired Shiki?
There is no link, I obtained this info by talking privately to the developer on discord. Sadly, at the start of the year I realized I have been blocked by him and he didn't reply to me when I tried reaching out to him on Steam (even though he still has me on his friends list) so I will not be providing any additional info regarding this game.

Estronix

Jan 21, 2022
There is no link, I obtained this info by talking privately to the developer on discord. Sadly, at the start of the year I realized I have been blocked by him and he didn't reply to me when I tried reaching out to him on Steam (even though he still has me on his friends list) so I will not be providing any additional info regarding this game.

The developer of the game spends most of his time on Twitter baiting people and getting into arguments lol, after you see how he looks in real life yeah...

But last time i spoke to him he said how the was planning on getting Shiki, although as of now he never did, he has another guy with a style that vaguely reminds of his but that's about it.

Kernist

Dec 1, 2017
The developer of the game spends most of his time on Twitter baiting people and getting into arguments lol, after you see how he looks in real life yeah...

But last time i spoke to him he said how the was planning on getting Shiki, although as of now he never did, he has another guy with a style that vaguely reminds of his but that's about it.
I think there is no harm in showing you this:
1706643401169.png

I can't say what are his goals. He added me on his own on Steam, we talked a bit and he invited me to his discord. I left quickly because I didn't like how it was managed by his moderators, and he stated multiple times that he has no time to take care of his discord and it is what it is, there will be no changes. After I left he dmed me a lot of stuff not released to public: artworks, animations, scripts (dialogues), gameplay teasers. It was nice of him.

Every time I was giving him my honest opinion, I am not kind of person who just pats on the back so there was a lot of "I don't like it" or "it's ok but ... could be improved". At first it was ok but with time he got more and more defensive, like "everyone has an opinion, some people tell me one thing and some the other thing, can't please everyone" or "I want to make sure Steam won't reject the game". It sounds like fair statements, but he was really paranoid. For example he didn't want to put a teddy bear on the bed because character would then be considered a minor. Meanwhile SP got released by Kagura as PEGI 12 game with patch restoring all the content with Vinum. Another thing is he resigned of some "brutality" in his cgs, again because of Steam policy. Meanwhile Evenicle is going strong.

Another thing is Toki is working on Succubus Prison 2. I played version 0.1 and translated it for myself and trust me when I say it wasn't easy:
1706645010528.png
Game is totally different form the original and in my opinion shouldn't be called SP 2, but again the atmosphere and horror aspect got nailed perfectly. Vee hates it without even trying it, and although I kinda understand it I really prefer this setting than when succubi are being so strong that they are able to wipe out the world and are secretly working for the government. Btw last time I talked with Vee he was in talk with Toki about possible Myusca/Nemea dlc.

Finally, when Winter Memories got released I decided to message Vee about it because game is just awesome. Then I got a notification that my message can't be send because I am no friends with recipient or he blocked me. I contacted him on Steam multiple times since then but he never replied, although he still keeps me on his friend list (and he is active daily on this account because he launches Vtuber Studio every day). In other words, he won't let me live, he won't let me die. I do not wish him bad, I hope his game will be good and it will be successful but I am no longer planning on purchasing it on release. I will give it the same treatment as with most games, in short I will download it here and then buy it if I consider it worth the price. On the opposite I will buy Toki's game instantly after it gets eng translation.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote