Situation SUCC: Inn Elysium - spiritual successor to Succubus Prison

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Estronix

Jan 21, 2022
I think there is no harm in showing you this:
View attachment 3310057

I can't say what are his goals. He added me on his own on Steam, we talked a bit and he invited me to his discord. I left quickly because I didn't like how it was managed by his moderators, and he stated multiple times that he has no time to take care of his discord and it is what it is, there will be no changes. After I left he dmed me a lot of stuff not released to public: artworks, animations, scripts (dialogues), gameplay teasers. It was nice of him.

Every time I was giving him my honest opinion, I am not kind of person who just pats on the back so there was a lot of "I don't like it" or "it's ok but ... could be improved". At first it was ok but with time he got more and more defensive, like "everyone has an opinion, some people tell me one thing and some the other thing, can't please everyone" or "I want to make sure Steam won't reject the game". It sounds like fair statements, but he was really paranoid. For example he didn't want to put a teddy bear on the bed because character would then be considered a minor. Meanwhile SP got released by Kagura as PEGI 12 game with patch restoring all the content with Vinum. Another thing is he resigned of some "brutality" in his cgs, again because of Steam policy. Meanwhile Evenicle is going strong.

Another thing is Toki is working on Succubus Prison 2. I played version 0.1 and translated it for myself and trust me when I say it wasn't easy:
View attachment 3310122
Game is totally different form the original and in my opinion shouldn't be called SP 2, but again the atmosphere and horror aspect got nailed perfectly. Vee hates it without even trying it, and although I kinda understand it I really prefer this setting than when succubi are being so strong that they are able to wipe out the world and are secretly working for the government. Btw last time I talked with Vee he was in talk with Toki about possible Myusca/Nemea dlc.

Finally, when Winter Memories got released I decided to message Vee about it because game is just awesome. Then I got a notification that my message can't be send because I am no friends with recipient or he blocked me. I contacted him on Steam multiple times since then but he never replied, although he still keeps me on his friend list (and he is active daily on this account because he launches Vtuber Studio every day). In other words, he won't let me live, he won't let me die. I do not wish him bad, I hope his game will be good and it will be successful but I am no longer planning on purchasing it on release. I will give it the same treatment as with most games, in short I will download it here and then buy it if I consider it worth the price. On the opposite I will buy Toki's game instantly after it gets eng translation.

Bro said he got Shiki but never said that on either of his Twitters or even the Discord i was in tbh.

Even Shiki himself never stated him working on that project, nor he follows him or his project.

I literally remember how he stated Shiki may be racist and may refuse to help a Western H-game lmao, when i suggested him a sexy outfit he could ask Shiki to do for Myusca.
Basically yapping to avoid saying "my vision is better than yours" Okay fair enough dude, but when you pay him it becomes the opposite lol.

The developer has this weird obsession against anything that can be classified as a minor, even the smallest things and some people from the Discord share that feeling too lol, also that game isn't Succubus Prison 2 cause Toki never stated about making a sequel, he just said he wanted to make a spin-off which he did. That's literally it.

Finally he's also really lazy lol, he got this really hot Morrigan art that he refused to implement in the game, due to the bed being AI generated which he said was against Steam policy, instead of just fixing it he rather got a whole ass new artist that just doesn't do her justice. IMG_2538.jpg IMG_2539.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sansbones69

Kernist

Dec 1, 2017
Bro said he got Shiki but never said that on either of his Twitters or even the Discord i was in tbh.

Even Shiki himself never stated him working on that project, nor he follows him or his project.

I literally remember how he stated Shiki may be racist and may refuse to help a Western H-game lmao, when i suggested him a sexy outfit he could ask Shiki to do for Myusca.
Basically yapping to avoid saying "my vision is better than yours" Okay fair enough dude, but when you pay him it becomes the opposite lol.

The developer has this weird obsession against anything that can be classified as a minor, even the smallest things and some people from the Discord share that feeling too lol, also that game isn't Succubus Prison 2 cause Toki never stated about making a sequel, he just said he wanted to make a spin-off which he did. That's literally it.

Finally he's also really lazy lol, he got this really hot Morrigan art that he refused to implement in the game, due to the bed being AI generated which he said was against Steam policy, instead of just fixing it he rather got a whole ass new artist that just doesn't do her justice. View attachment 3310323 View attachment 3310326
If I am not mistaken Toki's new game is literally called "Succubus Prison", but maybe it's just temporary title. About Steam not allowing AI generated content - it does:

Estronix

Jan 21, 2022
If I am not mistaken Toki's new game is literally called "Succubus Prison", but maybe it's just temporary title. About Steam not allowing AI generated content - it does:
Yeah i don't see a number 2 next to it or something, i think they're still trying to add a sub-title next to it

FUCK i knew the whole Steam thing sounded fishy!

Nov 20, 2017
I think the games has great potential and it tends to have frequent updates, my only issue is Vee trying to pick a fight with random people on the internet, it's not good for publicity, even if it is a h-game, about Shiki being supposedly racist is not true since he made an art for Zion's Succubus Covenant. About the minor part i agree with Vee stance, it is better to dont do this entirely imo

Estronix

Jan 21, 2022
I think the games has great potential and it tends to have frequent updates, my only issue is Vee trying to pick a fight with random people on the internet, it's not good for publicity, even if it is a h-game, about Shiki being supposedly racist is not true since he made an art for Zion's Succubus Covenant. About the minor part i agree with Vee stance, it is better to dont do this entirely imo

i knew he was just BS me to avoid doing that outfit for Myusca unless i payed lmao, just wanted to share what he told me tho.
Funny how you mentioned Zion cause he just released Chapter 5 for SC after like 3 years, and it's mid AF together with a lack of said Shiki's art, which i know he made cause i saw it but it's not in the game lmao.

I don't mind lolis nor do i care about em that much, but you're still losing a portion of people that does, just cause you don't like em lol, just dumb.

May 28, 2020
The artist is french, the developer is british. This means that it’s a legal issue for them in making sure all characters are adult or else they risk jail time. Also if they want to sell on steam they need to make sure all the characters are over 18. Not 17 but 18. Kagura can get around this because everyone knows kagura has patches. A new developer coming out of nowhere will have many people download the game, see that there is no smutt and refund.
also having a patch means supporting two builds, something kagura may have the resources to pull off but a new dev may not.

Kernist

Dec 1, 2017
The artist is french, the developer is british. This means that it’s a legal issue for them in making sure all characters are adult or else they risk jail time. Also if they want to sell on steam they need to make sure all the characters are over 18. Not 17 but 18. Kagura can get around this because everyone knows kagura has patches. A new developer coming out of nowhere will have many people download the game, see that there is no smutt and refund.
also having a patch means supporting two builds, something kagura may have the resources to pull off but a new dev may not.
The developer is Romanian, even his youtube is called "RomanianTVee".

May 28, 2020
I am not sure what the laws in Romania are regarding this, but if he works with people from places where it's illegal and their names are attached to the project then I can see why they would insist all the characters are drawn as mature.

Last edited:
May 28, 2020
So this just happen.
Steam approved their build, store page and demo then banned them 2 days before release.

I can see why the developer is extra cautious.

Estronix

Jan 21, 2022
I am not sure what the laws in Romania are regarding this, but if he works with people from places where it's illegal and their names are attached to the project then I can see why they would insist all the characters are drawn as mature.

Nah he just hates lolis and calls pedos everyone that does, he had to build a community that does the same, his Discord is an echo-chamber of yes mans lol.

Like fair enough dude, but that way you're making your game with less variety of chars instead of Nemea 2.0 or Myusca 2.0, not to mention cutting off a portion of people that does like that stuff willing to buy the game, genius.

It makes me sad knowing they actually got Shiki on board with this project, dude has no idea what kind of people he's actually working with, he's literally an outsider from all of this, considering he can't speak english that well nor is in the Discord (thank god for that) although i fear the guy may join in the future.

The thing that will pain me the most is people calling this rip-off better than the original, which i know it's gonna happen...but from what i've seen of the game till now...that's no chance, Toki knew how to make a genuine creepy atmosphere, hating him cause he likes lolis ecc...doesn't invalidate that one bit.

Kernist

Dec 1, 2017
Nah he just hates lolis and calls pedos everyone that does, he had to build a community that does the same, his Discord is an echo-chamber of yes mans lol.

Like fair enough dude, but that way you're making your game with less variety of chars instead of Nemea 2.0 or Myusca 2.0, not to mention cutting off a portion of people that does like that stuff willing to buy the game, genius.

It makes me sad knowing they actually got Shiki on board with this project, dude has no idea what kind of people he's actually working with, he's literally an outsider from all of this, considering he can't speak english that well nor is in the Discord (thank god for that) although i fear the guy may join in the future.

The thing that will pain me the most is people calling this rip-off better than the original, which i know it's gonna happen...but from what i've seen of the game till now...that's no chance, Toki knew how to make a genuine creepy atmosphere, hating him cause he likes lolis ecc...doesn't invalidate that one bit.
From what I know from back when Tvee was sending me materials regarding the game I think he will make h-scenes way better than Succubus Prison had, thanks to the animations. Sprites are also looking well. Soundtrack is on par with the Toki's work. I think however the game will be worse in regards of lore and atmosphere, especially this unique horror feeling. I think people will be split on if it's better or worse, depending on what one is looking for in this game. I do not wish the developer ill at all, but I think this game will appear and be forgotten quickly. Too many "careful" choices, game will be just bland. I talked with people in my circle - devs, fan translators, few publishers - nobody heard or cares about this game. Maybe it will change with time.
You can see a bit of it in his Discord, he kept spoiling everything lol
Oh, yes, he does, even in my dms he was giving me whole scripts of dialogues to read. I didn't, saying I don't want to spoil myself anything but it didn't stop him from sending me more and more. At least I admire how invested he is in it.

Estronix

Jan 21, 2022
From what I know from back when Tvee was sending me materials regarding the game I think he will make h-scenes way better than Succubus Prison had, thanks to the animations. Sprites are also looking well. Soundtrack is on par with the Toki's work. I think however the game will be worse in regards of lore and atmosphere, especially this unique horror feeling. I think people will be split on if it's better or worse, depending on what one is looking for in this game. I do not wish the developer ill at all, but I think this game will appear and be forgotten quickly. Too many "careful" choices, game will be just bland. I talked with people in my circle - devs, fan translators, few publishers - nobody heard or cares about this game. Maybe it will change with time.

Oh, yes, he does, even in my dms he was giving me whole scripts of dialogues to read. I didn't, saying I don't want to spoil myself anything but it didn't stop him from sending me more and more. At least I admire how invested he is in it.

That's the problem with fangames...people are quickly to turn on the original, it happened with FNAF and the Danganronpa series...

It takes more than a fresh paint of graphics to take on a game that had genius horror on it's writing and characterization for its cast, sadly not everyone will realise that...

Sprites lookin well? Maybe but the character designs look like they belong on Tumblr or DevianArt lol, the OC's of that kind...the only ones that look good are either the SP chars taken in the game or the Shiki ones.

It's gonna take a lot of mental gymnastics to defend the characters feeling like rip-offs lol, which people gonna be champions of.

I wanted a SP 2 but not at the cost of SP itself...

The game will do well because it has a weapon that the average consumer always forgives, it's just newer and runs on a better engine, everything else doesn't matter...

Lik SP has a rating of Mostly Positive on Steam (78%) due to the game being actually hard and challenging and some bugs due to Kagura's port. It's not bad but it's not great either and i will guaranteed you the fanmade is gonna top it...just cause it's from 2025 and SP from 2016, bookmark this comment guys.

I hate that

Reactions: sergimico25
May 28, 2020
Seems he is doing a succubus prison Colab and some of the girls will be in the game.

You're obviously making this up. If he did that then he wouldn't have had anything to do with toki.

What's more likely is the explenation I've provided which seems quite reasonable.
His team has a coder from the UK, and I think the publisher is from Canada and in both of these countries such content is treated identical to CP with actual cases of arrests and convictions being made for people being caught with just mangas.

As such It's highly likely he has contracts with his staff to guarantee no such art is in the game or anywhere near their presence.

He also wants the game sold on Steam so he is abiding by the TOS.
He also has a discord server and discord has nuked entire servers over similar stuff. The server is also not political so I don't know why you keep saying it's filled with "yes men".

To summon the current year meme, it is 2024 and an Australian visual novel dev of the game called "proud father" had his door kicked in by the authorities and was arrested for running an "online child prostitution ring" as the media reported. But when you look into it, it was just a visual novel game that he was selling for people backing him on subscribestar and itch.io.

Given all of this it's not difficult to understand why a western dev wouldn't want these types of characters on a comercial game set for public release and if you keep hammering the point you just come off as unreasonable and obtuse.

There's a huge range of games from japan that have the exact same content that you need without asking westerners to risk their investments and possibly face jail time and be placed on a registry just so you don't go potty face at them.

In fact, the western industry barely has any notable H games, so I don't know why I should shit on the few ones that do exist or the few devs that do try to make something.

Now with that said, I may be suffering from sunken cost falacy because I'm backing the project but from what I'm seeing I don't understand why the hate considering this is the first project he is doing and if sucesfull may cause other people to try and do the same giving us more succubi to enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: sergimico25
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote