Skala and Toth (feedback appreciated)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
JamieSadistic

You should post in the Daz skill thread if you want feedback and help.

https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/

As far as critiquing.

I don't know the story behind the image so it is a bit hard to give some critiques, but I will try.

Unsure the dinosaur species, it seems to be part of the T-Rex family, but much smaller so maybe a Lythronax? He also had feathers which T-Rex didn't.

Both images the characters stand out a bit too much compared to the background (like they were placed there, this is mainly to do with how the picture is being lit).

First render with the dino, seems to be a different female, at least different hair and make-up (black on face)
First image with the lady just seems a bit of a bad render of her. Yellow as coloration on feathers/fuzz was correct for the time for some dinosaurs. Not a fan of the font used for the Title, seems to be very 90s metal band.

Second image makes the character look much better. The double black stripes under eyes which I assume is war paint and not eye-black to reduce glare.

The limited clothing/how it is put together seems a bit too modern take on clothes from the past. (Single thread across chest, over and under shoulder, nothing holding the bottom down.

Very elaborate tattoos for what appears to be a primitive peoples.

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
JamieSadistic

You should post in the Daz skill thread if you want feedback and help.

https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/

As far as critiquing.

I don't know the story behind the image so it is a bit hard to give some critiques, but I will try.

Unsure the dinosaur species, it seems to be part of the T-Rex family, but much smaller so maybe a Lythronax? He also had feathers which T-Rex didn't.

Both images the characters stand out a bit too much compared to the background (like they were placed there, this is mainly to do with how the picture is being lit).

First render with the dino, seems to be a different female, at least different hair and make-up (black on face)
First image with the lady just seems a bit of a bad render of her. Yellow as coloration on feathers/fuzz was correct for the time for some dinosaurs. Not a fan of the font used for the Title, seems to be very 90s metal band.

Second image makes the character look much better. The double black stripes under eyes which I assume is war paint and not eye-black to reduce glare.

The limited clothing/how it is put together seems a bit too modern take on clothes from the past. (Single thread across chest, over and under shoulder, nothing holding the bottom down.

Very elaborate tattoos for what appears to be a primitive peoples.
This is a very detailed critique!!!!! I love that you took the time to give me this sort of feedback.
The first render with the dinosaur is a different hairstyle, different lighting and also different war paint. I'm still very inexperienced with Daz so it took me rendering Skala at least 15 times until I was happy with her.
I agree about the tattoos, however its really difficult to find primitive tattoos that would fit.
Toth, the male dino... Dath will be a female dino, Skala and the introduction of a teen female with her older male sibling (they are unnamed as of this moment) will be in the story but that's as far as I've come.

Once again, thank you SO much for your feedback. I highly appreciate it.