RPGM - Skie's Inflatable Adventures [v0.12a] [Skie Maree]

1. 3.00 star(s)

KL-001-A

(v0.12a)

Man, sucks that this game is so... not-good, I'm practically pulling my hair out trying not to rate this lower, just imagine a 2.5 but rounded up, that'd make me feel better.

Anyway, the review:
    Grindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrind.
    Bugsbugsbugsbugsbugsbugsbugsbugsbugsbugsbugsbugsbugs.
    Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait.
    That's basically the whole game if you cut out the lewd bits.
    Also the English in the game isn't great, the voice clips all the characters get suck, and the whole game needs a rebalancing in numbers and speed.

Grind:
    Money, skill points, stocking up on food, refilling the gas for the stove so you can cook, refilling the water for the crafting station, it's all there. Half the game's quests so far consist of grinding a bunch of money to buy something or grinding some fairly large amount of SP because the quest says so.
    After beating the prologue, you unlock a ton more skills to put points into, which also require their own special currency plus a ton of the regular skillpoints, AND some skills even need special foods to level up too. Even on my cheated file, I was actually starting to run low on skillpoints, like god damn.

Bugs:
    I've had cutscenes play twice at the same time before the game finally crashes, I've had the game error out and crash, and I've seen so many "touch [thing] and the game crashes" situations that I manually save all the time. What's worse for me is that the most common bug comes with an alert sound and a frozen chat background alongside a big "REPORT THIS" message, all of which practically being a jumpscare.
    What's worse for EVERYONE is that in most of the game's bugs, they save to your actual save file, so if you get the frozen background bug or the disappearing HUD bug, if you save, your save is like that forever. v0.12a fixed a few of the really common bugs, but if I open another door in the game and get that error message again, I'm probably gonna piss myself, I have a fear of bugs that come with an alert sound and I'm getting goosebumps just typing about it.

Waiting:
    Inflation takes forever, the game's intro plot video thing takes forever (and you can't skip it despite being some generic JRPG plot), dialogue is slow, movement speed is slow, man I wont even bother listing everything but you get the idea. Also milking. If you're half-full, you still need to do the entire milking fade-to-black like 6 times just to empty out and it's not skippable.
    The worst part is the day/night cycle. For some reason, the cycle is REALLY slow and there's no way to advance it, so when you get a couple quests to meet people at night, even if you go around town and do literally everything there is to do, you really only advance about halfway through the day.

The good:
    1. It's an actual inflation game where you can inflate her boobs, belly and butt individually and mix-and-match all you want.
    2. Lots of people like the art (I don't personally), and there's a surprising number of CGs for how early in the game it is. (The dev's an artist.)
    3. The inflation sizes are giant, especially for being an RPG Maker game where they usually keep inflation to a minimum because of sprite limitations. Even just size 2/5 is giant.
    4. It's made in one of the less-overused versions of RPG Maker, so it's a bit less samey than the other RM games.
    5. Only costs $3-5/mo to buy it legit (though updates are scarce and you mostly just sub for art, I guess.)
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Just a Horny Bastard

I'll start by saying the main issue of this game could be fixed with probably a few minor tweaks and some optimization.

HOWEVER, the pace of the game being so glacially, painfully, AGONIZINGLY SLOW means any attempt of playing this is a turn-off at best (even if you LIKE the fetish) and a reason to drop it and never look back at worst. From the intro to the run speed to the town design to the buckets requiring a double trip to be filled from DAY 1, every part of this game compounds unto itself to be the slowest fucking thing I've ever played. The town is a spiral, making the longest possible path between the main object and all of your goals along said path, where you're fetching water for buckets that must be dumped into twice before you have any reasonable (or even cheatable) way to adjust the SP needed to increase size+capacity.

On top of this entire thing (which you WILL run into due to the day-2 quest of COMPLETELY FILLING ALL BUCKETS), the game also has an ABYSSMAL framerate in the town you'll spend 90% of the gameplay in.

Honestly, until there are saves publicly dropped, don't even download this game. The intro alone will probably turn you away by being 3 minutes of unwarranted, unskippable, and unmashable yapping about shit you didn't come here for, that you can't even have run in the background because the cutscene requires that you be focused on the window.

*Edit*: I also forgot about the bug that can sometimes happen where your HUD disappears and you can no longer interact with shit. A bug that can be SAVED TO A FILE, losing you potentially your entire early-game since you can't rely on auto-save, as it will also be saved to that.