Skyrim Patreon mods

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
May 19, 2022
Sadly that's purely anecdotal. Not doubting that they work for you, but that doesn't mean its safe, specially considering everyone has completely different modlists.
Simple rule of thumb, all official plugins are Form44 and it takes less than a minute to convert Form43 to Form44, better to be safe than sorry.
What are the risks and what's the best method to zap maybe 15-20 plugins without breaking stuff

Jun 21, 2023
The risks? Save game corruption due to duplicate FormID spam within the save game(according to FF7Legend). Not sure what your second question is about. If you mean updating 43 to 44 only creation kit can do that properly and usually only one at a time since it often crashes when trying to load more than one .esp in a single session, even with CK fixes. Simply load the plugin, save and exit, profit.

It shouldn't "break" anything since it doesn't compact FormIDs(or does it?) unless you specifically choose to do that for converting to .esl or esp-fe(.esl flagged .esp which won't count towards the 255 plugin limit), that will need a new game

That being said I'm not a mod author and you shouldn't take any of that at face value, that's what I read from more knowledgeable sources. I'd simply avoid downloading from irresponsible authors like PRJ and YoerkSun and demanding that they fix their shit or report them to both Nexus and Patreon(not sure if that'll help but who knows), but to each their own

Last edited:

Starskie89

Jul 21, 2017
Modders, take notes: leave formid 43 in your mods to gatekeep them from F95zone
:cool:
*predator writing notes furiously*

With how fast the DMCAs come, I'm pretty sure he's monitoring this page whenever he isn't actually doing the work his patreons pay him for.

It wouldn't surprise me if his future designs come with an MCM that requires a password to unlock.

TheBeeMan

Jun 24, 2017
The risks? Save game corruption due to duplicate FormID spam within the save game(according to FF7Legend). Not sure what your second question is about. If you mean updating 43 to 44 only creation kit can do that properly and usually only one at a time since it often crashes when trying to load more than one .esp in a single session, even with CK fixes. Simply load the plugin, save and exit, profit.

It shouldn't "break" anything since it doesn't compact FormIDs(or does it?) unless you specifically choose to do that for converting to .esl or esp-fe(.esl flagged .esp which won't count towards the 255 plugin limit), that will need a new game

That being said I'm not a mod author and you shouldn't take any of that at face value, that's what I read from more knowledgeable sources. I'd simply avoid downloading from irresponsible authors like PRJ and YoerkSun and demanding that they fix their shit or report them to both Nexus and Patreon(not sure if that'll help but who knows), but to each their own
Yes, screw over your PAYING customers' save files just to stick it to those "evil mod pirates", what could possibly go wrong?

These are all wrong. Please read up your information before making assumptions about the very similar form plugins.

Reactions: QBJ59

Devianza

Apr 24, 2021
Bruh im getting tired of these mofo animators asking for money...
Pro's and con's.

Pro - It allows some modders to ditch the shitty day job and put their time into better mods and fixes.
Con - Some expect a little too much donation wise, anything more than 5 a month is silly
Pro - Back in the 90's we lost a lot of good modders bcause their day jobs and modding was just too much, not as much of an issue now.
Con - Some expect 15 a month donations
Pro - Money encourages people to put out things faster to keep the money coming in..
Con - Some rush things out before they're truly ready to keep the money coming in...
Pro - Doubt AI can replace human modders, and AI will replace a lot of jobs in the next ten years..

TitusButler24

Jun 28, 2022
Do you have the anus physics selected? I think that can be buggy.
I am having a similar issue, except the spazzing is dramatically faster. I didn't have this problem until recently, so I must have mucked up some setting like activating the physics you mentioned. Is it simple enough to turn off and fix?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote