Unreal Engine - Slaves of Rome [v20.3] [Biggus Dickus Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

alexandertetzlav

After playing this Game for about 3-4 hours i've to say that it is (at its current state) very poor.

Pro:
    1. The Idea of the Game is Great.
    2. The Environment is partially well designed.
    3. Most of the Textures (Except the Character Textures) are nice.
    Con:
    1. There is absolutely no Tutorial or anything that is self-explaining. You get thrown into a location with the intention "have fun to explore"
    2. The Quest System is awful. Absolutely no hints what to do in the quest description. Also the Scrolling though all these "Completed" texts is just stupid.
    3. Overall the Quests are most of the Time "Run to A, get B, Run to C" No Puzzles, or anything that requires some Brain.
    4. There is only a single Save-Slot for your current Game and it gets overwritten by autosave. The Game crashed in some conversations where i expected some Content, but after reloading the Game, the "Quest" was finished and i was unable to see it.
    5. The 3D-Models look like some cheap M3D Models. The Female gens are only textures. Absolutely nothing to expect here for "closeup" or something like this. Damn, its so easy to port good quality Models... Why these low quality shoooooot when using Unreal Engine?
    6. As soon as you leave the Main Area, the Terrain is absolutely "Meh" ... An empty maze of Buildings, Absolutely no Content to expect here. Even worse is the "Oasis" Well damn. its not that hard to smooth some terrain!!!
    7. The Characters (Slaves) are bugged as Hell, some even get negative value after some actions. On others you cant even perform some actions (but you can select them) and then need to wait about 2 Minutes for their Endurance to run out....
    8. Some Female Characters grow a Penis during actions... WTF?!
    9. For "Slaves of Rome" this is definately too small. The Title should Say "Slaves of a really small Village next to a bigger village wich is next to an even bigger Village wich is next to a city wich is next to Rome"
    10. The Controls and Camera are absolutely awful. Damn. Look at some A++ Games, then you know what you need to do to create a good gameplay feeling.
    11. There is no real "running" only some kind of "faster walking" wich makes it really annoying if you want to explore a bit, or run from A to B
    12. The control of the Whip and the other tools are just "Meh..." thre are too long waiting periods. Also the "Sex" is just some kind of "SPAM SPACE!!! FASTER!!!!" Well... Some kind of autofill depending on roughness and speed would be nice and a Button to "Cum" instead of autocum if the bar is filled.
    13. Texts (Conversations) are partially overlapping wich leads to not acessible areas.
    14. Converations break from time to time (i experienced it most of the time when using "Space" to go through converations) This often leads to an hardlock where you have to kill the Game, restart and realod.
    Bugs: There are a lot of Bugs.
    1. I got stuck several times in Buildings.
    2. Game crashes from time to time.
    3. Females grow Penises
    4. Constantly "Cum" in Actions
    5. UI is awful and bugged
    6. Missing Hitboxes for Slaves
    7. Missing options for Slaves. Often have to talk through a lot of text to get back some actions.
    8. Some Options are Missing until after reload
    9. "Positions" are wrong for Slaves
    10. Conversations repeat often without a reason
    Well i guess thats all for the moment... I see great potential in this Game, but at its current State its almost not woth playing.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

blad98821

From placeholder animations to hair that looks like metal. The game feels empty. Huge map with random houses, all empty. Gameplay it's non-existant. Adult game industry seems to have very low quality celling :(
  3. 4.00 star(s)

michel.gellar7

Great Potential!

The game is just incredible!
    Great theme, scenario and environement. The graphics are more than decent as well ;-)

There are serious problem such as :
    - The lack of Walktrhough (Impossible to make the quest without help) and over grindly (Need to fuck for hours to unlock 1 poor skill point... WTF!!);
    - Key Mapping bugs (Position can't be changed so it ruins the game experience) and Laptop friendly (Arrow mini-game needs a mouse)
    - NO POV view in some positions including the first to unlock that you will be stuck with for a long time! (More positions from start and POV mandatory);
    - Name Changing (Some slaves are called "custum" or "maxed out" which break the immersion as hell);
    - Pay Wall if you're not a premium patreon.

Beyong those easily upgradable points, it's a great game in development!
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Overlord811

Genuinely unplayable. Within the first 10 mins, I've found myself stuck in multiple walls, struggled to start a new save, and had interfaces not disappear and then overlap with future ones.

Played the game with max settings, the graphics were at least better than I expected for a game of this type
  5. 2.00 star(s)

fregreger

The game has a lot going for it, setting and concept wise. It is clear that the developer put a huge ton of effort recreating the look and feel of Ancient Roman streets. The sex animations and models are also pretty solid, at least for an indie game.

Unfortunately this is where the praise has to end. The game is filled with awful design choices. Notice how I've praised the animations? Well almost all of them have to be unlocked following a tedious clickgrind. If the devs want to see their patreon earnings go up they need to stop adding gimmicky patreon grade pay tiers and instead focus on developing the best game they can and add the kind of features players would want to see. One of the things that I think can benefit this game would be different slave markets specializing in different types of slaves and procedurally generated characters, like in Custom Reido series or Stationmaster.

On a positive note it seems that the dev has been listening to feedback and is dedicated towards improving this game with every release. So I expect good things to come in the future if the devs don't burn out and lose interest, as often happens with a small team and an overly ambitious project.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

gatekeeper8

gan e deserves a higher rating tbh. this is new ground for adult games that i hope will get expanded on later. the game is not the best but that i think is more due to the limitations of the way the creator is deciding to make the game than anything else and i suspect by the end of development it will get much better.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Icarus Media

Downloaded and played as Female main character. Now I may be wrong but all I could find was using a strap on on my slaves. Surely if you are going to be a Roman mistress of slaves you could command them to do other things like munch on your box or lay pipe on you like a roman aqueduct but alas I could not find that. Someone may correct me however or it may be added in later versions.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Kravenar Games

I can see how many kids are reviewing this game that knows totally nothing about how complex is building up a game like this.
    From the basic gameplay it has required A LOT of coding, the graphic has been made using a mix of PBR textures that's really hard to manage (kudos to the dev).
    So basically I see this project really underrated compared to how much is cool. Great coding skills and cool development. Keep it up dev.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Rnch

I have to admit this should have been 4 stars "game-wise" - I'm giving it 5 because I've followed the development for a while now and the developer keeps his promises and listens to the community.

The game is also great. At least I like it a lot. Don't get me wrong - there are a LOT of things to improve... specially the fucking which is just boring at the moment because of the space mechanic. That being said, the quests are just fun and great, the story is nice, puzzles are fun, the game looks AMAZING and overall, I had a lot of fun.

Most importantly however, as I mentioned, the game keeps improving. The last build is much better with performance, there are always more and more things to do, new skills with each build and the developer always actually keeps the promises. Sure, they are late once in a while, but honestly - how many developers like that are there? Follow their game from v0.1 to no and you will be very impressed, I think. I think we should support people like that and so... easy 5 stars from me!
  10. 1.00 star(s)

l_anonym

A lot of ressources required for real little gameplay.
    That "press space in sync" thing is just a pain in the ass - especially if you don't have that high-performance top 3D-videocard-gaming-machine.

Every few minutes a rather annoying "support us on patreon" page pops up even overlaying the game itsself and making it unplayable by that because the controls overlap. As an addition there's a "buy on patreon" paywall in front of some features - 100$ per month for a customizable slave?

The description sounded like a good Idea - but the game is worth less than a single star...
  11. 3.00 star(s)

Etar

Played the game for around 15 minutes, and I refuse to play any more until the devs find a better way to try and get people to visit their patreon.

I tend to play games late at night, since its the only times I dont have something to do.

So, when I play a relatively dark game that suddenly goes bright as fuck saying "Visit out Patreon", I get annoyed. When this happens after every. Fucking. Time. You finish a training session, I alt +F4 the game and say "Fuck it". It comes off as needy, it gives me a fucking headache to suddenly get blinded repeatedly and it makes me want to support the game less and less.

Sure, it may be petty, but guess what, people tend to be petty when something causes them physical distress. They want it to stop and they want to punish whatever caused the distress.

Doesnt help that the gameplay is absolutely boring... Pressing space every few seconds? ... Seriously, read up on engaging gameplay and redesign whats supposed to be the main gameplay element of the game.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

i1269496

A few attractive 3d models can't save the game if the gameplay is boring as hell. What didn't help, the entire concept of "consensual" sexual slavery in the ancient Rome setting, represented in dialogues, make you laugh all the time.
  13. 2.00 star(s)

site

I've seen some incredible sex games that strive to add a multitude of character customization options. Both 3D and 2D. This one doesn't have customization persay, but some characters instead. Nothing is more disappointing in a game when you try to unlock a character, just to be greeted by a $100 paywall. Yeah, that's right, a ONE HUNDRED DOLLAR paywall.

Aside from that, the animations are decent. The vagina doesn't animate open when there's a cock there, so don't get too close unless you want polysex syndrome.

Progression seems pretty slow and tedious. You must punish to raise skills and unlock the few positions that are available, and fuck to increase their value. The clicking gets boring fast and it's just easier to use Cheat Engine.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

joethebeast

-The game still does not have enough content: Not enough positions and slaves, too much grind, the gameplay element is still in an initial state
    -The sex mechanism is very bad
    -There is camera control during the scene (but it has a fixed axis)
    -After many updates that took a lot of time, the game still fails to deliver any interesting gameplay or good sex scenes
  15. 1.00 star(s)

Daishi

In its current state, this game is basically unplayable. The Dungeon is a blank white screen, the "mansion" is impossible to find, and the sex mini-game does nothing but distract from the entire point of games like this: Fapping.

The fact this guy gets as much as he does a month is a travesty.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

KingOfBachata

A creative and innovative game proposal. The game environment is realistic and the graphics are beautiful. Sexual mechanics are well produced. I think the game has a lot of potential. The human being loves to be at the top commanding people. The medieval period fascinates me, principally the Roman Empire.

-You must add a story, otherwise it will become tedious.
    -The variety of slaves is still small, add more black, fat and old people. It is important to have a variety of options.
    -Sellers of slaves and sex toys have the same skin, but they are different people.
    -The map is also small.
    -Our whole house looks like a dungeon. I believe that more rooms should be added, and the part of the dungeon must be only for the slaves.
    -Add an option to quit the sexual option, even if the character has not yet ejaculated
    -In the menu, the gameplay option for me did not work

I look forward to upcoming updates with more interaction options. I hope to edit my review one day for maximum score.

Unfortunately the version available in the F95 Zone is a DEMO and you need to buy a different game version, like a premium, to enjoy all the features (it's sad), that is, it can be tested completely.
  17. 1.00 star(s)

macadam

I dont want to.. but.. i do.
    maybe that review will change in futur, it depend of the devs... but for now, its a 1 star ( i even want to give a negative star ) .
    the game actually have honestly nothing more than what you can see from others games on the same engine. i mean even those WOW games from whorecraft and such are at the same , and i want to say, even more better level.

this one just start, soo cant really say. but nontheless... what a way to start ...

"the game who want to be a AAA" (or at least AA).. sooo yeah, good idea to start giving it like if it was already a freaking damn AAA game for years with reputation that can beat GTA -_-

distribution is wayyy exagerated. its milking money as it best.

nothing.. absolutly nothing at this moment deserve that in the game. its like eating in a super rich restaurant when you pay shit tons of money for 1 carrot in your plate.
    add to that the ingame "money" system.. wich by being implented in a wtf way ( honestly, pay for everything ) . covered by the fact that if you pay more real money on patreon, you get bonus gold for start the game.

what the fuck is this shit ? do i need to repeat that this game is NOT an AAA yet and is far away from that ?... but yeah, whatever, lets add micro-transaction/preordering/DLCs style things in it and Pay to Win system.

imho, if you have money to share.. instead of putting it in there with no promisses in return. you better support devs that actually work on games and not try to scam with money system P2W or else.

you know.. game such as :
    Breeder of Nephelym
    Fallen Doll
    Shade of Elysium
    etc.. and even those whorecraft based games from Auril.

not only you will pay a more reasonable amount of money for what you get in return, but you also dont get scammed away with P2W or money system.

thats my review. like i say, can change in futur. we'll see where it goes. but i honestly dont give much credit to it.
    not only that its ambitious ( all games are a bit ambitious), but the dev is litteraly crazy to make his game look like if its a demo/early project in game but a AAA in money. ( contrary would have win better imho )
  18. 3.00 star(s)

rhev

Nice concept so far.

It's always hard giving a rating to a 0.1 game. There simply isn't much content. You talk to some slaves, buy one, whip her, then fuck her with a quick time event. The options are very limited but show potential for patreon users at the $15 and $50 level (not kidding).

That right there is a bit of a turn off, as it feels like a bit of a blatant money grab, but hey, more power to them. Because what's there is quite well done. The graphics are crisp and clean with good detail paid to shading.

All told, this is one I'd keep an eye on, but maybe wait a few more updates. You'll be done with all content in less time then it takes you to download.