RPGM - Completed - Slice of Venture: A New Start [v1.1 Final] [Blue Axolotl]

1. 3.00 star(s)

00snak

A disappointing game, especially after the highs of the prequel remake. Of course if this game was remade, I'm sure it'd be excellent.

The story is not interesting at all. The plot of the game is you take care of a horse and find out what happened to him, and you also solve some old family feud. Really uninteresting. I wasn't even able to get any scenes with the horse you take care of, even though it's in the thumbnail . Since I played the remade version of the prequel (Slice of Venture: Origins), there are also some continuations in this game which do not match the prequel.

The art is not great, especially compared to the remade prequel. The hair colour is different between the games, and just in general, the art style is worse. The scene quality is about the same - average. It's also not easy to unlock all the hidden scenes and the gallery is useless .

The only thing this game really has going for is the bestiality, even then I wasn't able to unlock any horse scenes. The only scenes I saw were with dogs, a cougar, and an octopus. Those scenes were good, but that's all.

Some other criticisms include: clunky ui for saving game and getting items, unclear what 'filth' means when selecting how hardcore you want the scenes, can't change audio level.

Overall a very average game and I would not recommend, even though it is short (took me about 2 hours to complete). C-tier game
  2. 2.00 star(s)

slormo

Despite the straight forward plot and the simple continuation from the first game, it ends feeling deflated and baron of the charm the first game had.

One of the game’s shortcomings is how short it is, being only a couple hours long. The problem that stems from this is that the game never has enough time to expand on the world or characters. In the first game you were given a decent amount of time to have fun with and learn to appreciate the characters, whereas in the sequels, brand new characters are nonchalantly given the spotlight without being given the necessary time to expand upon them. Additionally, the lack of content extends to the bonus areas as there are virtually no sidequests. Sidesquests like the hotel coins or the Hobo group are nowhere to be seen, meaning the game no longer rewards players who go out of their way to find new scenes nor incentivises players to do so; which only makes it more noticeable how little content there is.

As for how the game looks, this could be completely subjective; but the art style is straight up awful. Virtually every character has been given an extreme and unwelcome redesign, which makes it extremely jarring to someone like me who played the sequel directly after the original. Additionally, the artstyle has taken a drastic turn from the original, giving it the look of a mediocrely drawn webcomic of the mid 2000’s; compared to the polished and adorable anime type art of the original. I understand why the changes need to be made, as the group which provided the art no longer wants to work with them; however even small changes like keeping the protagonists’ hair green or overall keeping the character designs consistent to the original ends up going a long way as to improve it.

Overall I feel like this game had the potential to be such a memorable, iconic and enjoyable game like the first one, but falls flat as it neither has the quality of art nor the quantity of playtime and scenes.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

MrKrazygamer

Despite it's somewhat short gameplay (around 5-6 hours) There's still a lot to experience! The story this time isn't that much centered around the sister pair Yuki and Ayame but their mother. There are no mini games in like in Vitamin Plus, and there aren't any really hard hidden scenes so you probably won't miss any! The only reason i give this game 4/5 here is because i felt like for the story, it was a bit too short for my taste, but that didn't make the whole experience any less fun! Definitely a must play for any Vitamin Plus lovers!