Others Slime-Core - New roguelike game(prototype)

Ururursh

Jul 8, 2017

Slime-Core

Developer Notes:
This is roguelike & sandbox game with complex transformation mechanic in typical dark fantasy setting. Lands, NPCs are random generates each time you start new game. Each NPC exists and acts at every moment of game until they die and has same capabilities as you(but right now they not to smart for complex actions).
This is pure tech demo without some essential graphical elements, content and some game mechanics. Right now it not even has save function.
What i need is feedback. Do you want game in that genre?
Game made on C++ & SFML.

Controls(for 2D version):
Q,W,A,S,Z,X - directional movement
Space - wait
Left mouse button -
if ability not selected: move to that cell if it nearby to you
if ability selected: select cell or creature
Mouse Right Click - call circle menu(can be used on creature icon on map)
Mouse Wheel Click - apply ability and end your turn
Abilities can be dragged to right side of window.

Controls(for 3D version):
Q,W,E,A,S,D - directional movement
Space - wait

F - apply ability
Left mouse button - if ability is selected then selected creature or cell
Right mouse button - if ability is selected and mouse hovered over selected creature or cell then deselect it else deselect ability

Middle mouse button - camera control
C - change camera mode

Thread Updated: 2021-07-07
Release Date: 2019-11-19

Version: 0.32
Language: English

Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win:

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture4.PNG Capture6.PNG Capture5.PNG

Last edited:

Ururursh

Jul 8, 2017
I really hope to see more of this game
And you will see.
Right now i am working on proper random city/village/dungeon/etc generation.

What will be in the next version:
1. Bidirectional movement (Implemented).
2. The smooth distribution of light (Implemented).
3. Improved AI (Partially implemented)
4. Generation of different habitats from dungeons to cities (Requires improvements)
5. Filling habitats with various creatures (Will be implemented after 4).
6. Drawing the minimum required textures.
And bug fixes, of course.

I think I can handle it by the end of the month.

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
Hey, I just saw this. Going off the face of the thread, it looks pretty cool! I'm gonna check it out and give some feedback.

EDIT: Game seems alright, but I don't understand alot of things happening. I'll keep an eye out and see how this develops, though.

Last edited:

Ururursh

Jul 8, 2017
Hey, I just saw this. Going off the face of the thread, it looks pretty cool! I'm gonna check it out and give some feedback.

EDIT: Game seems alright, but I don't understand alot of things happening. I'll keep an eye out and see how this develops, though.
Thank you for your feedback, and yes graphics are terrible. Almost everyone who tried the game understand what's going on on a screen only after a detailed explanation. So I decided to change the graphics library and switch from 2D to 3D. Unfortunately, I still can’t say how long it will take me to study the library and rewrite the graphics engine.

And I would like to apologize to those who may have been waiting for the game to be updated. After some shit, I burned out a bit, but now I'm ready to continue working on the project.

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
Thank you for your feedback, and yes graphics are terrible. Almost everyone who tried the game understand what's going on on a screen only after a detailed explanation. So I decided to change the graphics library and switch from 2D to 3D. Unfortunately, I still can’t say how long it will take me to study the library and rewrite the graphics engine.
That's cool! A 3D artstyle will definitely help, since it allows for more details on people and things. What I would have expected, though it's alright if it's not going in sooner or later, is maybe a bit more depth in the help menu. Moreover, how to regain your Energy, what to do after killing an enemy (their body just seems to stay there until their HP is the exact negative opposite of their max HP), among other things. However, it is understandable that maybe a different graphics engine would allow for a better visual on what's actually going on.

And I would like to apologize to those who may have been waiting for the game to be updated. After some shit, I burned out a bit, but now I'm ready to continue working on the project.
It's alright man, you can work at your own pace. All you gotta do is give moderate updates and take breaks when needed. If developing gets a bit rough, don't be afraid to announce a break or two. Everyone needs some down time now and then.

Ururursh

Jul 8, 2017
That's cool! A 3D artstyle will definitely help, since it allows for more details on people and things. What I would have expected, though it's alright if it's not going in sooner or later, is maybe a bit more depth in the help menu.
I planned to make a tutorial NPC in the launch cave. I think this will be a good addition to the simple help menu, which, of course, will also need to be redone.

Moreover, how to regain your Energy, what to do after killing an enemy (their body just seems to stay there until their HP is the exact negative opposite of their max HP), among other things.
As far as I remember, in the version of the game that is on the site, there is no way to replenish energy. Only if "Sleep" is available there. In my latest test version there is an opportunity to use consumables, but I did not get to the graphical implementation.
By the way, if the race of your character is slime, that is, the character has a passive "Liquid Body", then almost any item can be considered a consumable.

I decided to take the HP system from DnD:
Everything above 0: living and can move.
0 and below: living but unconscious (Undead dies in this case).
HP = negative maximum HP without modifiers: death.
If your character dies, the game continues, because there is a small chance that a passing NPC will resurrect you or make you undead, but there is always the opportunity to start all over again without waiting for the complete decomposition of the body.

It's alright man, you can work at your own pace. All you gotta do is give moderate updates and take breaks when needed. If developing gets a bit rough, don't be afraid to announce a break or two. Everyone needs some down time now and then.
Thanks. If you still have any questions regarding the mechanics and direction of development, then I am ready to answer.

Ururursh

Jul 8, 2017
Dev, will you be picking this up again? Really love the premise.
The game is not dead, but so far everything is being done rather slowly. I don't have much time right now to deal with this project, but I hope that it will see the light of day.
I plan to release the first 3D version at the end of this month, let's see how things go.
If you have any more questions, I am ready to answer them.

Reactions: BBQLord

Ururursh

Jul 8, 2017
The build will be released on November 15th.
All systems, in general, works, but it takes time to revise the GUI and make/download basic 3D models.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: BBQLord and Cul

Ururursh

Jul 8, 2017
Faced the difficulties of building for Windows on Linux, so I will have to postpone the build for five or six days. Sorry for the delay

Reactions: Porpopinut

Ururursh

Jul 8, 2017
Ururursh, are you still working on it? :3
Sorry for the long silence.

I'm working on it in my spare time at very slow pace. I uploaded on the same google drive a new version with 3d graphics, but it still lacks a lot of things such as textures, models, AI system, content and such. So, it still pure prototype but in 3d and with better user interface.

I hope that i'll make reasonable basic AI and better graphics to better understand what's going on in game till end of the summer, but as you can see my time management is not my strong side.

If you have any question about current version of the game or about game as a whole, i'm ready to answer.

Last edited: