Slime Dev Looking for Feedback

Which Artist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedCooper

Jun 26, 2018
Lo all, Slime Dev here.

So, I'm trying to make a game. I have a working prototype/demo sorted and coded but I lack art. After looking for some artists which are willing to work for next to nothing as I'm a poorfag, I would like some input.

Vote ~ strawpoll.me/16443764

Try the prototype ~

Not trying to shill or anything, just want to get some opinions as I'm currently trying to do all of this by myself and want to try and make the best game I can with the limited supplies that I have.

You will be able to see how poor my art is, and that I've had to borrow some online as well. However, it does have a full battle/experience system and such already coded, so I'm not just some idea fag ~ I've actually already got the majority of the hard work in terms of coding completed. Now I just need the art so it all works and looks good together. The dialogue is around 15k at the moment, but have several scenes planned and the first chapter outlined already. Have the odd music track that I think works that are open royally free as well.

It's just hard when you have limited funds to get everything done yourself, and seeing how I clearly lack any artist ability, I figured why not find the cheapest artist I can that isn't too bad.

So, attached are the best 3 cheap artists I could find. They have completely different art styles and overall different abilities in a sense. Please vote away and decide which one I work with!

Thanks for reading.

PS: If you really want to throw me a buck I certainly wouldn't be offended, but please don't think its necessary as I've hardly much to show yet ~

Reactions: Juanillo
Jun 29, 2018
Maybe it's just my history with Hentai but I prefer cm2. That face on the bottom image is great. The others are ok but not "my" preferred art style. I'm not a fan of the big lips on the girl in cm1. It may just be that it's a rough sketch.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I like the writing so far, and the general concept. I'm not the biggest fan of battle type game mechanics, but the opinion of one shouldn't sway the project to any major degree.

With the art CM2 would be good, especially if you could color the art yourself after the fact for free or have some one else do the coloring. I also think CM3 is a really good option, since the style could help set your game apart. Actually, I really like CM3 could you link the artist who made it? I could use some placeholder art for a smaller side project, and I like the style.

I too am a programmer working on another project, and I already know art is going to be the biggest challenge for my team. Our game is fully custom so it'll be some time before we make a demo, but I really like your initial idea, I think it could benefit from being more customized. What kind of goals do you have for the project, and what would your ideal game be like if mechanics, programming, and art wasn't a challenge?

RedCooper

Jun 26, 2018
I've decided to go with CM2, as here and in other places the voting has gone their way by around 70-80%.

I'm working with this new artist to update and sort out what I have so far, so hopefully should have an update soon!

RedCooper

Jun 26, 2018
The first few pieces of art are nearing completion! Thanks everyone who voted.

Hopefully over the next few weeks I can replace any and all borrowed art assets and replace them with my own. I also plan to release an update each month containing one battle and defeat scene (basically one sex scene a month).

I can only afford to commission this artist compared to the others for one scene, as the expense is higher but the quality is better. Anon voted in a number of places, and everyone wanted this artist. I'm limited by budget more than anything else, though I don't want to make promises I might not be able to keep, henst one a month is manageable for me right now. If I get any donations or the like, then I might be able to increase it, but at the moment I really don't want to bite off more than I can chew or break promises this early on in the development.

Thanks for checking out my work in progress!

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Glad to hear progress is being made. From what i have heard, you do want to avoid making promisses, expectations will be the death of you. Do you have any long term plans for this, other than just adding battles? I think what made your game stand out was not the game mechanics, but the story and the lore, the idea that you are reincarnated as a slime, with the goal to become something great. I would think your game would be unique if it was one where players went on a quest around the map, slowy working their way up to higher level areas, having humans come after you thinking how odd it is to see a slime in a higher level area, only to learn of your power. Or something story based, the mechanics aren’t that interesting since they aren’t new or special. but you do you.

I’m still wondering, do you know who made CM3? I swear I have seen their art somewhere before, but I can’t put my finger on it and I can’t remember the artist, and it’s nagging me, lol.