HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.35] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Thanks for confirming that it worked for you. This will hopefully also help others.

The packs from the front page did not work because unfortunately it looks like AmusingOddity has re-created packs 1, 2, 3 in a way that seems to be incorrect and that is missing some files such as those from the "Hack" folder. The three packs from the previous version v0.31 were working fine (as confirmed by many players), so that's why I suggested starting from v0.31 and then upgrading to v0.32.

Regarding where I got the links, this is easy: besides some proofreading, I am also trying to help AmusingOddity by publishing this game on TFGames.site. In that forum I have a list of all previous links that were published for the previous releases, so it was easy for me to get the links to the previous versions of the three packs.
Seems like the versions of pack 2 on here were missing some stuff. I've reuploaded and swapped out the links. Hopefully all is good now.

I was able to get around it by pressing F11
But the bugfix on the front page seems to address the issue. I still don't fully understand what was causing that. The thing I changed that fixed it shouldn't have actually made a difference as far as i understand. But I'll take it I guess.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Thanks for confirming that it worked for you. This will hopefully also help others.

The packs from the front page did not work because unfortunately it looks like AmusingOddity has re-created packs 1, 2, 3 in a way that seems to be incorrect and that is missing some files such as those from the "Hack" folder. The three packs from the previous version v0.31 were working fine (as confirmed by many players), so that's why I suggested starting from v0.31 and then upgrading to v0.32.

Regarding where I got the links, this is easy: besides some proofreading, I am also trying to help AmusingOddity by publishing this game on TFGames.site. In that forum I have a list of all previous links that were published for the previous releases, so it was easy for me to get the links to the previous versions of the three packs.
There did seem to be some things missing from pack 2. I reuploaded and swapped out the links. Hopefully all is good now.

I was able to get around it by pressing F11
Oooh, I didn't know f11 did that. I might use that more when i play other twine games.

There's a bugfix on the front page that fixes the issue.

Freakz0ld

Oct 7, 2017

Nice, may i ask what kind of proof reading?
and thanks again for the help :)

Tritam

Aug 3, 2017
It seems that a part of Gia pics are missing. I downloaded after wednesday. If i get the naming scheme the things under level 5 seems to be missing. If i find more ill let you know.

Druid64

Dec 11, 2019

Is there a way we can work together to get these posted on Pixeldrain as Mega screwed me over not paying for there download ability of large files anymore....

Jan 18, 2021
Is there a way we can work together to get these posted on Pixeldrain as Mega screwed me over not paying for there download ability of large files anymore....
I knew that it was useful for me to keep all previous links (on TFGames)...

Original packs to get the full game v0.31 as released last month:
(pack 1, 1.55 GB, unchanged since v0.20)
(pack2, 1.92 GB, unchanged since v0.30)
(pack 3, 0.89 GB, v0.31)
(pack 3, 0.89 GB, v0.31)
(pack 3, 0.89 GB, v0.31)

Upgrade from v0.31 to v0.32:
(update from 0.31 or 0.31.1 to 0.32, 0.18 GB)

And finally, if you are using Chrome on a relatively small screen and you have display issues for the maps, you will need the bug fix to upgrade v0.32 to v0.32.1:

I'll chat with AmusingOddity to see if there is a way to keep on providing links to the Pack 1 from v0.20 and Pack 2 from v0.30 together with a new Pack 3 for v0.32 because the new packs 1-2-3 seem to cause some issues with missing files. This would also ensure that those who already have a copy of the old Pack 1 and Pack 2 do not have to re-download everything (when I don't have a fast connection, downloading all three packs takes me more than a day).

Yog-Sloth

Jan 29, 2020
I trying for hack and the guide say to hire night 5 time but where I'm inside my PC but cant find a button for it?

Pakawaka

Jul 8, 2017
Is there something wrong with the Gia and Eva part? Im stuck, guide for Gia says "progress with Eva", but Eva's guide says "progress with Gia". Seems to be stuck, or is this just the end of their current path?

Reactions: B10

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Is there something wrong with the Gia and Eva part? Im stuck, guide for Gia says "progress with Eva", but Eva's guide says "progress with Gia". Seems to be stuck, or is this just the end of their current path?
That sounds like a bug. If you have a save to hand, post it here. I can fix it for you and it'll help me track down the bug for other people too.

Mar 6, 2021
so i found that as of this most recent Download the Eva and Gia Pictures/Videos do not load and are just icons im not sure if this is a bug or something is missing but any help would be appreciated

Reactions: dankbeans

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
so i found that as of this most recent Download the Eva and Gia Pictures/Videos do not load and are just icons im not sure if this is a bug or something is missing but any help would be appreciated
Eva and Gia's images are contained in pack 2. Once you have it downloaded, extract it, then paste it into your Sluttown USA folder.

SupaFly023

Aug 23, 2020
A bunch of Image paths dont align in the update.

Example is clicking on Gia in the Mall -> Restaurant

The path goes to "Sluttown USA/Images/People/Gia/Level/Gia4.jpg"
The file path is " Sluttown USA/Images/Gia/Level/Gia4.jpg"

This happens alot.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
A bunch of Image paths dont align in the update.

Example is clicking on Gia in the Mall -> Restaurant

The path goes to "Sluttown USA/Images/People/Gia/Level/Gia4.jpg"
The file path is " Sluttown USA/Images/Gia/Level/Gia4.jpg"

This happens alot.
Oh crap. I see what i did. Drag the folders with the names of the characters from the "Images" into the "People" folder. That should sort it. I'll start a fresh upload to fix it for everyone else. It will take me a while though, i have slow rural internet. Sorry for the mistake.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 26 Votes