HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.35] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

DarthDilldo

Jun 13, 2021
Hit F12 and your browser will pop up a Javascript console window to the right of the VN. I'm going to paste this screenshot of my chromium with the javascript console open. Note that I've already done the things that I will talk about next.
View attachment 1341295

The first thing I did was type "Sugarcube.State.variables.charge" at the ">" prompt in that window and hit enter. That returns a 0 which is the current charge on the phone as you can see in the content window as "Charge: 0". Note that as you type, the console will automatically populate a popdown list with possible completions. So after typing only "Sugar" I can just hit the right arrow key and it will fill that out as "SugarCube". Then I typed ".State.var" and that was enough to let me hit the right arrow key again to have it fill out "variables". So you don't have to type all this everytime and worry about it being incorrect.

I hit the "up arrow" key to recall all of that and just typed "=40" to set it to 40. Note that the content window on the left is in suspended animation while the console is open. So that "Charge: 0" won't change to "Charge: 40" until after I close the console window by clicking the "x" gadget in its upper right and then click something to go into the next passage.

I did "up arrow" again and then used backspace to erase the ".charge". This showed all of the variables in effect for the VN but as a "closed two line tree between "{" and "}" with a small ellipses "..." at the very right. To open it up as the full scrollable list I clicked on that "..." and we see the first page full of variables and values. I can now use "up arrow" and then type out individual variable names to peek and then use "=" with a new value to poke.

Congratulations. You now know how to hack 95% of Twine games since just about everybody uses SugarCube format and don't know how to change where the variable storage is hidden.
That looks nothing like mine. dont know what to do.

Jan 18, 2021
i get a error.
Variable names are case-sensitive. You should use SugarCube with an uppercase C, not Sugarcube.

Note that most browsers support auto-completion (with the right arrow or Tab or Enter) so if you start typing Suga... it should auto-complete to SugarCube.

broken_division

Game Compressor
Oct 4, 2017
Hi there i made a compressed version of the game v0.10
from 2.9 GB to 1.2 GB

have a nice one ;)

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2017
this game is about corrupting woman and turning them into sluts but why the hell am i playing a word game for a hour rather than brain washing chicks if you arent going to make any cheats atleast make it easier to farm Charges cuz this is simply hell

1Teddy1

May 17, 2018
this game is about corrupting woman and turning them into sluts but why the hell am i playing a word game for a hour rather than brain washing chicks if you arent going to make any cheats atleast make it easier to farm Charges cuz this is simply hell
You can change the charge through console and don't waste your time with this game right now if you want to turn the women into sluts because the private paths are the only ones getting updated right now.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I don't know what's going on. He opened a ticket here for them to rev the downloads and it's just been a black hole with the staff. I think he even followed up with them once. It will only be a couple of weeks before I get the one year anniversary edition from him to proof and playtest.

So, did we all just sort of give up on the latest release 11?

Thx
Cheers

Reactions: Forgotted

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Thanks for your reply. I had noticed the prior messages, but thought it interesting since there were several
days between them. Sigh.... Not a big deal.... Guess I'll just wait some more, lol

Cheers

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I don't know what's going on. He opened a ticket here for them to rev the downloads and it's just been a black hole with the staff. I think he even followed up with them once. It will only be a couple of weeks before I get the one year anniversary edition from him to proof and playtest.

I think I might be confused (as usual, lol)

I don't want to put anything on here but will ask,
Which version does the MC "help" out Leah with her accountant date?

Thanks
Cheers

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
its 11. its the new release but the thread Didnt got updated
Ok, thanks, that's what I thought. Now I'm wondering how long it's been available. I just downloaded image pack 2 for kicks, and found it in there. I was only expecting the images, not the updated html file even though I guess it says as much if you read the installation notes.

Have a good one

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
So here's what I can gather from the horrible mess on the OP. There is indeed 0.11 available there, even though the staff didn't bother to modify the version # from 0.10 to 0.11 and left the release date back at April instead of May whatever. The 0.11 html is within the Image Pack 2 archive. However it looks like one of AO's original betas and not one that had any of my proofreading corrections based on what I saw with a quick meld run. So I'm just going to zip up and attach my last updated html I passed on to AO as a result of proofreading and playtesting. There were a few broken images I caught, but assume that image pack 2 is also as old as the html within it and thus not fixed either.

Reactions: Forgotted

Dixon Butz

Apr 8, 2017
So I'm playing v0.11, and I just noticed something weird. If I go to the bathroom at home when it's empty, it does the Romi and Elliot story. Seems like it's leftover from testing. I tried the html version in image pack #2 and the one phupdup just posted. Both are doing it.

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes