HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.34] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
great game, sometimes you are fucked if you try to use charge on sis and she says fuck off but you still get charged xD
but a very promising nice game.

just one thing: it would have been better if we could had made the boss in a sissy or impotent instead of getting the forced handjob AFTER we choosed we dont wanna share. has a bad taste.
Thanks for letting me know. I changed some of how that stuff works behind the scenes. I'll address it.

Yeah, i know that is going to bother some people. I can see why, but i felt the game needed at least one instance of MC getting bitten in the ass by the app so he learns to be careful . Don't worry though, i have plans for Eric :).

Previous save files don't work or is it just me?
Should work. Did you sleep first?

Is the learning how to code broken in 0.2? It says success and then shows the window where charge is added (with none being added) instead of the second screen for learn how to code
Will look into this and work on a fix. Thanks for the heads up.

How to turn Elliot into a girl or it's not implemented yet
Not yet. That arch has 2 characters intertwined so its going to be one of the slower ones to make progress in. It will get there though.

I'm stuck with Karlee's bag. I've got it and India said to drop it off but I can't get out of the house. Any help? Thanks.

All, I've found the answer. The outside locations are available on a small icon at bottom right of the room pic.
Something crazy is happening with the version that you have. There should be a map image and the images for Karlee's room and India's room are the ones from the last version. Is anyone else having this problem?

Reactions: crazyfarang

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Hit F12 and your browser will pop up a Javascript console window to the right of the VN. I'm going to paste this screenshot of my chromium with the javascript console open. Note that I've already done the things that I will talk about next.
console.png

The first thing I did was type "Sugarcube.State.variables.charge" at the ">" prompt in that window and hit enter. That returns a 0 which is the current charge on the phone as you can see in the content window as "Charge: 0". Note that as you type, the console will automatically populate a popdown list with possible completions. So after typing only "Sugar" I can just hit the right arrow key and it will fill that out as "SugarCube". Then I typed ".State.var" and that was enough to let me hit the right arrow key again to have it fill out "variables". So you don't have to type all this everytime and worry about it being incorrect.

I hit the "up arrow" key to recall all of that and just typed "=40" to set it to 40. Note that the content window on the left is in suspended animation while the console is open. So that "Charge: 0" won't change to "Charge: 40" until after I close the console window by clicking the "x" gadget in its upper right and then click something to go into the next passage.

I did "up arrow" again and then used backspace to erase the ".charge". This showed all of the variables in effect for the VN but as a "closed two line tree between "{" and "}" with a small ellipses "..." at the very right. To open it up as the full scrollable list I clicked on that "..." and we see the first page full of variables and values. I can now use "up arrow" and then type out individual variable names to peek and then use "=" with a new value to poke.

Congratulations. You now know how to hack 95% of Twine games since just about everybody uses SugarCube format and don't know how to change where the variable storage is hidden.

i dont know how to use this T.T

AcTePuKc

Dec 2, 2020
First Karlee scene - when you see her in the bathroom and have 20 charges Thursday.

Your right I'm sorry I shouldn't hav-

I'm not an English native, but ... is this a dialect speech? :D
The game is cool so far, thank you for sharing it with us.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
great game, sometimes you are fucked if you try to use charge on sis and she says fuck off but you still get charged xD
but a very promising nice game.
Having a hard time finding this. Was it happening when you go to her bedroom and she tells you to fuck off?

If not do you remember where you met her? If you were on her public or private arch? How far along her story you were?

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
First Karlee scene - when you see her in the bathroom and have 20 charges Thursday.

Your right I'm sorry I shouldn't hav-

I'm not an English native, but ... is this a dialect speech? :D
The game is cool so far, thank you for sharing it with us.
- at the end of a sentence is to show that someone cut of or got interrupted before they finished talking.

The next line after that is "She points a finger in your face to cut you off."

Glad you're enjoying the game bud.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Is the learning how to code broken in 0.2? It says success and then shows the window where charge is added (with none being added) instead of the second screen for learn how to code
The "Learn how to code" thing seems bugged, completed the mini-game once and now when I click it autocompletes and then shows the charge progress screen skipping ahead two sections of time.
I've made a patch for this. It also adds a little bit that i forgot to the end of Karlee's last scene.

I submitted it to the mods, they should add it to the front page soon. Let me know if you spot any other bugs.

Last edited:

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Gia the waitress at the restaurant is a new character with variables introduced in V0.2. I suspect until he introduces an upgrade framework to handle new NPC's, we will be doing restarts.

old saves not working ?
it issues "Save is from the wrong game. Aborting."

Reactions: Billsfan

mag5246

Jun 3, 2017
Will there be an opportunity to continue aunt's line without sissy-Eliot? Not my cup of tea, not mine at all.

Reactions: elmandor

F9Zoney

Jul 1, 2018
Hello, I need a little help, please.
I´m not a fast typer, so how do I manage the "Learn how to code"?
serious its not worth it. i typed i think fast enough and i only got 60or50 i think+0 charges for typing. you dont have a rush to charge so just fastforward days and charge automatic.

redwall2018

Mar 3, 2020
AmusingOddity Awesome game man, I've been playing the new update and it seems like I've reached the end for India's content, but I can see in the image folder there are alot of scenes (bathroom scenes, outside scenes) that I haven't seen yet. It got to the handjob bit but I can;t seem to progress further. Could you have a look at my save please?

Reactions: 0346026931

Snoopy_H

May 30, 2018
dude,
no offense but an update which says "added 12k words" does not incentivise me at all,
it's supposed to be a story but not a book

cloned909

Nov 14, 2018
With This many character, it would be a hassle to hunt them down on the map.
Is it possible to see where certain character are available at all time ? Even better if we can "Bookmark/Favorite" the character so it doesn't flood the UI to much, like 3 character at max being monitored. Since we only have 4 time slot each day anyway.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Hello, I need a little help, please.
I´m not a fast typer, so how do I manage the "Learn how to code"?
If they speed of the typing game is too much for you I added an automatic option. It basically gives you a 50/50 chance of success each time.

Will there be an opportunity to continue aunt's line without sissy-Eliot? Not my cup of tea, not mine at all.
Yes. Once i finish their joint arc I'm going to split them off to have their own personal arcs.

how do i install? I got the html but theres no way to extract
Did you download the images folder as well?

If so just create a folder and put the HTML and images folder in it.

AmusingOddity Awesome game man, I've been playing the new update and it seems like I've reached the end for India's content, but I can see in the image folder there are alot of scenes (bathroom scenes, outside scenes) that I haven't seen yet. It got to the handjob bit but I can;t seem to progress further. Could you have a look at my save please?
Glad you're enjoying the game bud.

Are you playing on India's private route? I'm guessing that what you're seeing are scenes from her public route, which has a couple more scenes than her private one at the moment.

dude,
no offense but an update which says "added 12k words" does not incentivise me at all,
it's supposed to be a story but not a book
Thats fair. I know that text heavy games aren't for everyone. That is the type of game that I like to play though, so that's the game I'm making.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
With This many character, it would be a hassle to hunt them down on the map.
Is it possible to see where certain character are available at all time ? Even better if we can "Bookmark/Favorite" the character so it doesn't flood the UI to much, like 3 character at max being monitored. Since we only have 4 time slot each day anyway.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That, is not a bad idea . . . I might look into doing something like that in a future update.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Yep, checked your save. It is what I thought.

I'll be extending out India's private arc next time she comes up in the monthly vote - at the moment it looks like Karlee is winning the poll for this month.

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes