• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - SnowStorm [v0.6 DR] [GleenX Studio]

1. 4.00 star(s)

2382dudubes

EP2/Demo
    Very good first impression. About an hour, with a few minutes at the end, branching into 3 paths (cunning/force/honourable).

The game is an Isekai where the MC suddenly finds himself in a Norse Icelandic Viking world, representing the state of almost a thousand years ago.

Not all characters speak English, and the font and writing style represents this very well. It's an immersive world. One character however, (Astrid), completely took me out of said immersion because all of a sudden she talks like a typical TikTok teenager, which she apparently does because she self-taught by reading plundered books? This did not make sense, her writing was just way too modern and far worse than any other character. Other than her, the writing was pretty good except for some consistent capitalization and spelling issues. Nothing that isn't easily fixed though.

Visually, the world and characters look very good. There are a few animations however this is by far the game's biggest downfall, they are super choppy and not playing at correct speeds and just look ultra low frame rate, rather poor overall. On top of that sometimes an ultra-bright white transition is used, e.g. when MC is orgasming which just contrasts way too much with the rest of the colour scheme, and it was blindingly bright and unfitting. I also noticed that MC seems to suffer from Peyronie's disease, weird choice.

Music/sound is present and fitting. Minor issue: I tuned the volume correctly and later noticed a huge spike in volume on some songs, turns out SOME tracks adhere to the settings' "music" slider while others need to tune the "sound" slider instead - inconsistent.

Overall, very good first impression. Scuffed, choppy animations and Astrid dialogue are my biggest gripes, thus far.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Ceesko

Looks good. Beautiful renders and plentiful C&C that results in 3 different divergent paths with different characters. Quality work for a first release, and the premise is interesting and engaging. The only complaint is that sometime it can be hard to track what is going on as some scenes are very random.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

TheAverageForumUser

EraStorm Ep. 2 - SnowStorm [Demo]review -
    Starting with the positives the renders are great and some of the female characters which I have seen look stunning . The negatives are Story is confusing as hell and can't understand most of the dialogues and you have to make choice for them by trail and error . And the game splits into three paths / clans in the demo rather in later version getting to know some female characters then join a clan and you have to decide with no information on clan members - it is you choose anything or game over . I choose game over , rather than having to play three different paths with multiple playthroughs / saves from demo or from start of the game . So in the end 2 stars apart from the renders and some good looking girls , story , choices and paths in this game are a huge disappointment .
  4. 5.00 star(s)

oh45

[Demo reviewed.]
    Very nice renders, including the animations. The music and sound effects are also done well. (Well, except for one missing music file: "MorningDawn" from script line 787.) I saw only a few typos and spelling errors. There's clearly plenty more to explain as the main character has been dropped into the storyline completely ignorant on how and why (and when). I'm looking forward to the developments here.

I'm a bit worried about the work necessary to keep up the three-way on-going story lines, however. It doesn't seem like they can be merged into a single mainline with clan specifics sprinkled along the way.

I'm giving this a full 5 stars at this point. Very good work.