- 3 main route to choose
    - White Wolf girl!

Cons
    - Story seems short because of 3 route
    - Gallery are meant for the romance or adult scene
    - Not many scene due to 3 route I guess
  2. 5.00 star(s)

JamesPT85

Sandstorm wasn't a bad VN, but Snowstorm is an improvement in all categories. The writing is improved, the characters are more interesting, and the art is a lot better. The biggest complaint I had is that it seemed as though we had to get violent in order to get through to Mathilda. Was there really no other way? MC deserves to be executed a few times in this story. The other issue I had throughout my entire v0.4.5 playthrough was that some of the phrases sounded too modern to have a meaningful translation into Norse. All in all, incredible VN, 5/5.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Warscared

actually played this one before the previous one and since this one was ok i tried the other one... and fucking hell if it fallows the path of the previous one this will be a bumpy hard core ride!

so yes, i am rating it based on expectations!

if you wish everything to be perfect historically... its not gonna happen!
    but its fun entertaining and the rpg elements are nice, they could be better but its mainly a story, so for what its worth its a good bang for your dollar!
  4. 3.00 star(s)

MikesDK

I really wanted to love this game, big fan of viking story so perfect settings with great potential, i even enjoyed the main story line its well written and fun, i like the diffrent paths/clans as well even though they dont matter all that much since you pretty much get to do the same things with most of the girls no matter what clan you pick.

Story really feels more kinetic then not in many ways.

Where it fails is with the choices, i feel lilke its a game with choices but without choices, take Nox path i tried to stay clear of her picking all the worng choices, and even after Nox drugs MC and MC starting to hate Nox he still accepts a BJ from her, and you can just sit back and wonder wtf is going on and why choices dosent seem to matter at all.
    Same for Candice clan thing you have to accept handjob and BJ from her to get into that clan and following that your forced to try a boobjob with her, i just reaaaaaaallllllyy hate forced sex scenes even more so in game with choices.

Also hate that MC shares stuf with Nox after she backstabbed him by druging hes ass, and MC even backstab the girl that saved hes life to help out someone that drugs him, its just stupid and ruins the game when MC is so brainless.

Also story is broken in atleast one spot in the Nox line, when you go with Nox and the ask about the crystal cave and you tell her you wont tell her, you still end out helping her finding the cave makes no sense at all.

Also in same quest as above it breaks the game a little and you will miss out on one pick of the week so you lose points with the person you cant do, for some weird reason instend of going the the weekly choices it restarts the same quest line with Nox asking about crystal cave, not sure how much it effects the game due to the loss in relationship points or story line with the one you miss but its not a good thing thats for sure.

The other problem i have is i really dont like big tits and man is this game full of it, some is so extreem that the girl shouldent even be able to stand up or walk, so if you arent into that stuff then maybe think twice about playing it, there are normal and even smaller sizes to so there is a little for those that are into smaller tits but just keep in mind alot is forced on you doing the game.

Also it needs a rape tag Nox pushes MC down a cliff and when he wakes up Nox is riding him fucking him without hes concent.

Story 3/5
    I enjoy the main story, but dont enjoy forced sex with people i hate or just dont want to be with and it makes it even worse that there is no rape tag to warn you about it.

Animations 3/5
    They look nice and smooth, but they are just to rare and alot of the sex scenes is just picture to picture.

Girls 3/5
    To much focus on big tits and even some extreem tits, not a fan of that but there are some normal girls so its playable.

Music 3/5
    Its just above average, but it dosent really capture the viking vibe.

Choices 2/5
    There are some and you can say no to some, but your still forced to do stuff with people you might not like no matter if you pick the worst choices with them every time.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

DogBeersHadOne

This is one of the better games on this site, with some minor nitpicks. Let's get the cons out of the way first.
    -The grammar is pretty good, but there are some minor inconsistencies and typos here and there
    -Animations stutter from time to time
    -There doesn't really feel like there's much differentiation between paths chosen
    With that out of the way, let's move onto the positives
    -The models are some of the best I've seen yet. I did a Bears playthrough and Helga is honestly adorable. Candrid is the epitome of crazy hot (mostly crazy though)
    -The clan affiliation system makes the typical relationship grind have higher stakes
    -The story takes your typical "protagonist out of time" route and is able to portray it in a serious way. The MC is not an omniscient god, he still needs exposition from time to time, but it's provided in organic ways (and sometimes it's left for the player to figure out)
    In sum, while this isn't a perfect game by any means, this is one of only two Renpy games that portray semihistorical eras in somewhat realistic fashion. It does this with meaningful stats and relationship tracking, and the LIs are very much alluring for the player. Overall this is a recommend, with room for improvement.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2755092

The game's old enough to get a review now.

As of V4.5, changes have been done, restricting the amount of girls you can get, while also locking the scenes you can get more severely as well.
    As such, game play wise, the game took a sharp turn down, effectively removing a lot of interest and sex scene, while forcing players to now have at least three saves to be played concurrently for each new version.

The renders are very decent, and some girls are ok, although, you may want to check the screenshots first, as they may not all be your type. Most have fairly large boobs, which ain't everyone's cup of tea.

The gameplay is, now, the very typical AVN style: Making choices you have, of which you'll have no idea what the consequences may be down the line, or if they'll block you from X path, or make you miss some scenes.

The game originally showed promises, but the latest changes just dropped the game back down to just about any other average AVN out there.

As a result, I can not recommend the game.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

LordGonti

I haven't played Sandstorm and thought this would be pretty average but with a cool theme. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Pros
    Characters - There's good number and variety of LI's, they are attractive, unique and interesting. Each of the 3 clans has a lead LI and 2 significant others, with side LI's from quests. Being in a different clan doesn't exclude you from pursuing a LI but reduces your chances.

Mechanics - My fave bit. Really well judged. Easy to understand, offers great variety and plenty of curveballs. It reminds me of another extremely popular title.

Normally you pick a scene related to a specific LI and have to make 3-4 choices. If you get the important choices correct you progress with that LI. Simple... but some scenes, some choices matter more to others than to the LI you're talking to, sometimes you don't know which LI the question is important to. This encourages you to focus your attentions and roleplay your clan rather than try to win everyone over, or make a lot of saves.

Story - It's good Viking fun with some mystery and drama carrying over from the previous title.
    It offers variety and rewards replaying by showing different POVs of the same events based on your clan or your previous decisions. What could be an short insignificant scene for 1 clan could be a large drama for another.

So far I'm loving it. (0.4)
  8. 5.00 star(s)

vladimir331

As a whole pretty decent game! Good job dev! The story is interesting, placed in cool locations and time period, at least in my opinion so I do hope the development goes on. The sex scenes are hot! Which is always important. And oh boy the models are dope, nice boobs and as a whole body proportions, big without going to unrealistic level plus hot faces so no complains here either.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Aphrødítē

Loved the game so far, an intense story with deep character! Not to mention the hot scenes... Keep the good work! Also, belive ive found a minor bug, as a WW im not getting the dexterity point for helping (or not) her with the arrows compared to whe im on the other factions.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

saolo996

So far (V 0.4) a great game with an interesting concept explored by movies but not so much in the game industry, in the adult game industry less again: "what would I do if I was sent back in time?"

I like when the MC realizes that not all his knowledge is coming in hand.

- Story: I give it a 10/10, it's coherent, well written and it's possible to see the author studied the culture he wants us to dive in, that's a plus and he presented the clan oprions in a way I wanted to see all the 3 paths. I don't often do that in games in general.

- Graphics: probably the weakest part, don't get me wrong, I rate them 8.5/10, but we can find some games more polished than this one.
    All the characters look good, and the LIs a little better than the others.
    Animations are smooth, not too long, and well rendered.

- Enjoyability: 10/10, the game brings you the will to explore all different possibilities you're given, you see how your choices influence the outcomes.
    I recommend a playthrough without a walkthrough to better understand the game, then, if wanted or needed then to use the pdf linked. I didn't and had a lot of fun myself.

That's why I rated the game with 5 stars
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Kirigaya77

I've only been playing this game for a few seconds and I'm falling in love with it. Became one of my favorite games. In addition to very beautiful rendering, the story is also very interesting. And what I like the most is that every choice greatly influences the story, moreover the stories in each clan are different, even though there are some events that are the same because of the influence of the main story. I hope that in every next update the story can be more focused on the stories of each clan without putting aside the main story.

The background music is also very good, making me enjoy the gameplay even more.

And this is the first time I'm playing a game by trying all alternative stories because I'm interested in each story, which is usually just because I want to open the whole scene or just curious about the ending story.

And sorry to say this, but I think SnowStorm is way better than SandStorm, from all aspects.

I hope that in the next update the story will be more interesting and there are no annoying stories/genres like NTR, because I found some games with interesting stories but after a while they got worse because of NTR or other annoying things.

Sorry for my bad English.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

Blizzard99

(Version Reviewed: v0.4)

SnowStorm feels like the dev has hit a stagnation point after SandStorm. I would have rated SnowStorm a star higher if the game was the first release of the dev.

What I liked about the game:
    + Premise. SnowStorm has an interesting premise where the MC is transported to the era of the Vikings. We go through our MCs struggles as he adapts to the situation that he finds himself in while adapting to the new environment. There aren't many games set in the Viking culture and this definitely feels unique in the AVN industry.

+ Art and Animation. Not the best art or animations among the AVNs that I've played, but it still looks pleasing enough on the eye. The art is a major improvement when compared to SandStorm. The LIs look good and most of them look unique. The animations are smooth and they enhance the experience of the player. However, one major gripe is the surroundings in the scene often aren't given much importance. I feel the dev could've explored the beauty of living in a snow filled world more often.

Meh:
    = Soundtrack. The title screen soundtrack is haunting and beautiful. The ones in the game feels out of place in the medieval setting. Good music, but reduces the immersive feel of the game.

= Romance. We spend a somewhat similar amount of time with each LI which has fleshed out their characters. Some of them like Nox and Yrsa are compelling characters while others like Astrid have failed to hold my attention.

What I feel should be improved:

- Storytelling. The story told in SnowStorm is quite interesting and entertaining, but very inconsistent. Most of my problems about the story would be about our MC. Our MC has been transported from the world of SandStorm to the world of SnowStorm. He has amnesia until v0.3 and once he remembers about his past, he doesn't spend a lot of time thinking about the people he left back home. Also, this amnesia is very weird. MC remembers most of the things that he should remember about the modern world, but he has forgotten about the people he loved and cared about. The timeline is also very quick. MC has been living among the Vikings only for four weeks but he has already become a capable warrior when he had no history in fighting.

Overall, I would rate it at 6.5/10. I had enjoyed playing SandStorm and as it's sequel I could only feel that SnowStorm disappointed. Perhaps, if you consider the game without thinking about SandStorm then you can bump up the rating to a 7.5-8/10. It definitely has potential to improve and I would still keep up with the story whenever it releases out here. Goodluck to the devs!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

aktzv

Game with interesting story, good rendes and I really enjoy a game play. Also choices have real effect on the game.

I am looking forward to new release of the game. Hope It will pteserve its quality.

Autor made really good job.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Kberger

Just Wow, I really love this game. I just realized, that I have not rated this one before although its the only game where I download every update immediately, because the story caught me like no other before.
    If I could, I would give more than 5 stars. The characters are beautiful and the atmosphere is just great.
    Thank you for such a good game!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

honkyfifteen

Great game. Sandstorm excelled at various aspects, but was lacking in art. But this one improves on that a lot (Damn Astrja looks fine :D).
    Story wise its going good till now. I hope it doesnt evolve into some mindless harem game where the mc's is banging every chick.

Only complaint is that the story immersion breaks sometimes as the player is given the choice to pursue quests. For eg in one questline mc speaks nordic almost fluently, but then cant even make up sentences in the next questline. But those can be overlooked. I have stuck to one girl for increasing affinity and that story line has been very good so far.
    Hoping to see more this soon.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Hawkeye3d

Detail is very good in this game, as is the story. Character play is minimal but the few choices you have will change the route you are on/going. Other than that, this is a top tier game worth the time to download and play. Good luck to the developer.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Darkness2020

One of the best fantasy,adventure,romance game on the site.
    Pros-
    1. The girls are attractive and have a distinct charm.
    2. Lore is fascinating and history terms are pretty well researched.
    3. Choices really matter a lot.
    4. Probably gonna have multiple endings just like its part 1.

Cons-
    1.There is branching in the story so you can't get every scene .
    2. Fights are not that well done.

Conclusion- I played a lot of games but it's probably the only one I didn't wanna skip a single line.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Beast161616

Pros:
    1) Story- Biggest pro I think is the story telling. The author's other game, "Sandstorm" also had a thought out story. This one is no different. And yes, this includes VERY good character development, world building etc. Whoever is the writer, they know what they're doing.
    2 )Music- The music fits perfectly to the Viking era, plays a huge role in the immersion
    3) Renders- Great renders, the girls are made nicely but so are girls from other games. but what sets this apart is I particularly liked the supporting background renders. There is a scene where one of the girl is looking at you with the sun shining on her and rocky mountains, blue skies behind her. Y'know, stuff that makes you feel like that you're really there. Also scenes like a beautiful autumn fishing village . Very picturesque.
    4) THICC- Yeah, it has the THICC.

Cons:
    1) A bit of inconsistency in the dialogue. One place you say the name of a girl like you know her but in a later part you actually know her name.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    That kinda broke the immersion.
    2) Not much sexual content as of 0.2, but then again, good visual novels gets you so invested on the plot that you forget about the sex for a while lol. Which I feel like this game accomplishes well.

This should be able to go down as one of the best Medieval adult visual novels to date if devs keep up with the feedbacks. (Like, not turning a VN into a Sandbox).
    Good luck to the devs and may your game shine like Baldr.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Dunken122

V0.1.5

If the game continues anything like its predecessor, Sandstorm then it will be a great game. What is here so far has set up a good foundation for the rest to come. My big thought, is how much work GleenXstudio will have to do to make sure all of the girls get proper attention. Here's hoping for a great second game by the time its finished!
  20. 4.00 star(s)

rorodrigro

play V 0.1.5 with a french trad (which explains my poor written English, sorry)

story: 3/5 Unfortunately the French translation forgets one sentence out of 2 and then does not translate anything at all in the second part, so I am not very well placed to talk about it

characters: 5/5 They look very varied and all very interesting

sex scene: 2/5 For now, it's very poor on stage and I didn't find them very erotic

renders: 5/5 The game is absolutely beautiful in every way, be it the characters or the environments.

animation: 2/5 There are not many and they are really not very fluid

sound: There are and very good!

gameplay: 3/5 The choice of different tribes is very good for replayability, but it feels a bit forced