So is the sleep sex genre dead in 2024

masteryob

May 11, 2023
Patreon killed most of the current games that had it and most devs won't make the move over to subscribestar. Only games I can think of is
•Bone tail manor
•daily life of my countryside
•Deathable... Maybe
I know japan still making game , but it feels like the Japanese games are always so far behind in gameplay.

Reactions: DuniX

Advent Games

Living Together! with Imouto
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2023
Patreon killed most of the current games that had it and most devs won't make the move over to subscribestar. Only games I can think of is
•Bone tail manor
•daily life of my countryside
•Deathable... Maybe
I know japan still making game , but it feels like the Japanese games are always so far behind in gameplay.
I'm still here. I've deliberately gone for subscribestar exclusive for more artistic freedom. But you're right, most devs are stuck now with patreon and have to abide by their changing rules.

Cartman-Brah

Jul 8, 2024
it's just a game. just like in movies they can show all kinds of content (because it's just a movie) in games everything should be free to be shown. maybe I'm doing a plot about an evil main character? of course I'm talking about patreon. if you're not going to use it you're still free to make whatever content you want, but I think patreon shouldn't restrict people either.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
patreon and have to abide by their changing rules.
The thrust of the rules haven't changed in over 7 years, except to add information about new technologies, really (AI works), and clarify. It's just Patreon has returned (at least for a period of time) to make more of an effort to enforce the rules which developers agreed to abide by when creating an account. Sleep sex, which at best is difficult to distinguish from non-con sex and at worse IS non-con, has been against Patreon rules since at least 2017. It is the reason why several developers, including Dark Cookie, had to revamp their works in order to stay on Patreon.

Using the internet archive -- 2019, the earliest archived for that page:
1721192274932.png

Today -- 2024:
1721192390252.png

Patreon HAS clarified their rules over the years - becoming more verbose - because people, as people are want to do, sought as many loopholes as possible in order to get away with stuff they knew Patreon was against.
it's just a game. just like in movies they can show all kinds of content (because it's just a movie) in games everything should be free to be shown. maybe I'm doing a plot about an evil main character? of course I'm talking about patreon. if you're not going to use it you're still free to make whatever content you want, but I think patreon shouldn't restrict people either.
Your statement conflicts itself about control of content (movies, as well as patreon restrictions).

While yes, in movies, a lot of different content can be created - for many jurisdictions there is a rating system (and some very restrictive laws -- i.e. ever seen the content advisories required by India within the scenes of movies?) that creatives must follow.

Also, writers, directors, etc must find producers to back their movies (and producers find funding). Producers then have to find a company to distribute and promote the movie. Then the distributer must find theatres and streaming services to show the movie, and then find stores to sell the DVDs... or they must create a different stream of income. Or the movie never sees the light of day.

Same with TV shows and streaming content.
Similar with printed material, like books.
Similar with paintings and sculptures.
and so forth and so forth.

Creators are able to put in their games whatever they want - they are completely free to do so (within the laws of their country). It is theirs and they have complete and utter control. And this is what you are supporting - people having complete control of their work and livelihood.

Patreon, by the same token, has complete and utter control over their work and livelihood. And this is what you should be supporting, if you support the former.

Credit card companies, again, has complete and utter control over their work and livelihood. And this is what you should be supporting, if you support the first.

As such, if Patreon wants to use credit cards to process payments - while they have control over their domain, they must also follow the rules by which credit card companies/processors wish to maintain control over their domain. If Patreon does not wish to do so, then they should seek other ways to process payments.

Along that same vein, if creators want to use Patreon - they continue to have control over their domain, but they must also follow the rules by which Patreon controls theirs. If they do not wish to do so, they should seek a platform with less obstacles. This final point you had made reference to in your statement.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
atreon, by the same token, has complete and utter control over their work and livelihood. And this is what you should be supporting, if you support the former.

Credit card companies, again, has complete and utter control over their work and livelihood. And this is what you should be supporting, if you support the first.
Creators must seize the means of credit production.

masteryob

May 11, 2023
There's 22 pages worth of games that involve the "Sleep Sex" tag.
I guarantee if you actually go through that list, most are completed , abandoned or if the creator is actively on patreon the sleep sex content have been removed. if someone made a list of current game still being worked on in 2024 it wouldn't even be close to 22 Pages.

Reactions: DuniX

Dryme

Formerly '"Wrong"'
Jun 10, 2022
I guarantee if you actually go through that list, most are completed , abandoned or if the creator is actively on patreon the sleep sex content have been removed. I guarantee that if someone made a list of current game still being worked on in 2024 it wouldn't even be close to 22 Pages.
and besides, tags can be erroneous.

Reactions: masteryob

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
it's just a game. just like in movies they can show all kinds of content (because it's just a movie) in games everything should be free to be shown.
Oh please, no... If games were treated like movies, it would be the end of adult games.

Or perhaps are you unaware that the Movie industry is the sector that have the strongest censorship policies, and that any movie must be approved in order to be legally shown in theaters. In comparison, Patreon's rules are the quintessence of freedom ; the USA being the country with the more rules regarding what can and cannot be in a movie...

Dryme

Formerly '"Wrong"'
Jun 10, 2022
Oh please, no... If games were treated like movies, it would be the end of adult games.

Or perhaps are you unaware that the Movie industry is the sector that have the strongest censorship policies, and that any movie must be approved in order to be legally shown in theaters. In comparison, Patreon's rules are the quintessence of freedom ; the USA being the country with the more rules regarding what can and cannot be in a movie...
Are you criticizing the United States?

Dryme

Formerly '"Wrong"'
Jun 10, 2022
I'm stating a fact, period.

If a 'murican take it like a criticism, then it will tell more about his brainwashed mind ("this looks messed up, but I'll continue to believe that my country is the best in the world"), than about me.
I don't even know which is worse. America or France?

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I don't even know which is worse. America or France?
Well, we can see tities at the beach, full frontal nudity on TV/movies, swear as much as we want and everywhere we want, and openly drink alcohol on the streets, as long as we aren't drunk. We also have around 500% less risk to be killed. We cannot be fired on will, cannot be forced to works more than 48h/week, and every hour after the legal 35h/week are majored ; oh, and legally our boss do not really have the right to call us after work hours and on week-end, especially if it's works related. We will continue to be payed for ~18 months after we've been fired, and will retire at 64yo, being payed ~75% of our last salary until our death. We don't have to worry much for our health. Being transported to the hospital is free, insulin cost ~20 times less, and globally any medicine prescribed by a doctor will cost less than US$ 15.
All this for around 10% of your annual salary if you're in the middle class. Yet a big part of those 10% are taken before you receive your paycheck, that will be globally equivalent of what an US worker will be payed ; except that him will still have to pay for all his insurances. And for free if you're unemployed.

But does it mean that France is better or worse than the USA ? I don't know, and in fact I don't fucking care. I'm happy where I live, and happy enough to not bother to know if I would be happier by living somewhere else.
I'm not sure that the same can be said for every US citizens. When I read some of them, it really looks like their citizenship is a Stockholm syndrome ; they like to live in their country because they are convinced that it's the land of freedom, so, please reader, for their own safety and sanity, do not make them doubt about this.

Dryme

Formerly '"Wrong"'
Jun 10, 2022
Well, we can see tities at the beach, full frontal nudity on TV/movies, swear as much as we want and everywhere we want, and openly drink alcohol on the streets, as long as we aren't drunk. We also have around 500% less risk to be killed. We cannot be fired on will, cannot be forced to works more than 48h/week, and every hour after the legal 35h/week are majored ; oh, and legally our boss do not really have the right to call us after work hours and on week-end, especially if it's works related. We will continue to be payed for ~18 months after we've been fired, and will retire at 64yo, being payed ~75% of our last salary until our death. We don't have to worry much for our health. Being transported to the hospital is free, insulin cost ~20 times less, and globally any medicine prescribed by a doctor will cost less than US$ 15.
All this for around 10% of your annual salary if you're in the middle class. Yet a big part of those 10% are taken before you receive your paycheck, that will be globally equivalent of what an US worker will be payed ; except that him will still have to pay for all his insurances. And for free if you're unemployed.

But does it mean that France is better or worse than the USA ? I don't know, and in fact I don't fucking care. I'm happy where I live, and happy enough to not bother to know if I would be happier by living somewhere else.
I'm not sure that the same can be said for every US citizens. When I read some of them, it really looks like their citizenship is a Stockholm syndrome ; they like to live in their country because they are convinced that it's the land of freedom, so, please reader, for their own safety and sanity, do not make them doubt about this.
you have described your country in such detail and well that it seems to me that you are not much different from those people who believe that their country is paradise.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
you have described your country in such detail and well that it seems to me that you are not much different from those people who believe that their country is paradise.
You have no idea what paradise mean, right ? There's nothing in what I said that can make someone believe that it's a paradise. Better than their country, yeah, probably, but "paradise", no way...
But, well, to please you, I can also do the opposite as well.

There's a third of brainless bigotted-racists-homophobics idiots who voted far right. We have the most stupid left in the world (and it's been decades). You think that US politicians are arrogant selfish pricks ? Well, take a look at french ones, some could teach a thing or two to Trump.
Despite having a strong base of green energy, the switch to renewable energy and electric transportation is almost insignificant ; in Spain public transport and taxis are all electric, here if you look closely you'll see that we still promote diesel for our taxis. And will everyone will tell you that something must be done, all of them will tell you to go fuck yourself if you suggest that they should probably stop wasting so much themselves and accept those dozen solar panels installed 10 km from where they live.
We, of course, have our colonial past, and the Atlantic facade of the country, especially the middle one, grown on slave trading.
Oh, and of course, being grumpy is mandatory here. If you don't complain at least once each hour, you loose your citizenship.

Nordic countries have more freedom, Asian countries citizens are more respectful, and the list is long. If you live in a country and isn't ashamed by a part of what it do, not even needing to look at its past for this, while also not believing that "this or that" is probably done better in another country, then you don't know your country at all.
But, as I said above, this doesn't mean that you can't be happy. It's not because you know the pros and cons of your country that you necessarily feel the needs to live somewhere else, or to actually pass your time comparing it with other countries. There isn't a single country in the world that is perfect, and France is not an exception. There's just countries that are less worse than the others, and yes, France is part of them.

But we have Tahiti... And there you'll find something near to what paradise probably looks like.