So is the sleep sex genre dead in 2024

Dryme

Formerly '"Wrong"'
Jun 10, 2022
You have no idea what paradise mean, right ? There's nothing in what I said that can make someone believe that it's a paradise. Better than their country, yeah, probably, but "paradise", no way...
But, well, to please you, I can also do the opposite as well.

There's a third of brainless bigotted-racists-homophobics idiots who voted far right. We have the most stupid left in the world (and it's been decades). You think that US politicians are arrogant selfish pricks ? Well, take a look at french ones, some could teach a thing or two to Trump.
Despite having a strong base of green energy, the switch to renewable energy and electric transportation is almost insignificant ; in Spain public transport and taxis are all electric, here if you look closely you'll see that we still promote diesel for our taxis. And will everyone will tell you that something must be done, all of them will tell you to go fuck yourself if you suggest that they should probably stop wasting so much themselves and accept those dozen solar panels installed 10 km from where they live.
We, of course, have our colonial past, and the Atlantic facade of the country, especially the middle one, grown on slave trading.
Oh, and of course, being grumpy is mandatory here. If you don't complain at least once each hour, you loose your citizenship.

Nordic countries have more freedom, Asian countries citizens are more respectful, and the list is long. If you live in a country and isn't ashamed by a part of what it do, not even needing to look at its past for this, while also not believing that "this or that" is probably done better in another country, then you don't know your country at all.
But, as I said above, this doesn't mean that you can't be happy. It's not because you know the pros and cons of your country that you necessarily feel the needs to live somewhere else, or to actually pass your time comparing it with other countries. There isn't a single country in the world that is perfect, and France is not an exception. There's just countries that are less worse than the others, and yes, France is part of them.

But we have Tahiti... And there you'll find something near to what paradise probably looks like.
Tell me about Algeria. They say things were worse there than in World War II.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Tell me about Algeria. They say things were worse there than in World War II.
What time in WWII ? Of course, everything is relative, but before November 42 life didn't really changed in Algeria that, like the others French colonies, was kept outside of the conflict (as land, not as citizens) and didn't really had to participate in the tribute asked by Germany. They lost the import of goods coming from France, but that's all, and it was mostly manufactured products, so it had a low impact.

Dryme

Formerly '"Wrong"'
Jun 10, 2022
What time in WWII ? Of course, everything is relative, but before November 42 life didn't really changed in Algeria that, like the others French colonies, was kept outside of the conflict (as land, not as citizens) and didn't really had to participate in the tribute asked by Germany. They lost the import of goods coming from France, but that's all, and it was mostly manufactured products, so it had a low impact.
I'm talking about the war with Algeria.Or whatever you want to call it.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I'm talking about the war with Algeria.Or whatever you want to call it.
You said "World War II". The only "war with Algeria" during the World War II was the few days around the operation Torch, in November 1942...

Dryme

Formerly '"Wrong"'
Jun 10, 2022
You said "World War II". The only "war with Algeria" during the World War II was the few days around the operation Torch, in November 1942...
Good. Let's start over. Tell me about the relations between Algeria and France. About the war that was between them. For the independence of Algeria.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Good. Let's start over. Tell me about the relations between Algeria and France. About the war that was between them. For the independence of Algeria.
What side do you want to hear, because I can tell you about both of them...

Do you want to hear about the extremist colons who trained dogs to hate Algerian and attack them, to kill them, on sight ? Or do you want to hear about the extremist Algerians who raped white women and underage girls, before killing them, or who were nailing colons to barn's doors and, then only, disembowel them ?

It was a really dirty war, dirtier than Indochina, and sometimes it really looks like both side were just trying to be the most barbaric one...

• Wow
Reactions: Dryme

Dryme

Formerly '"Wrong"'
Jun 10, 2022

Do you want to hear about the extremist colons who trained dogs to hate Algerian and attack them, to kill them, on sight ? Or do you want to hear about the extremist Algerians who raped white women and underage girls, before killing them, or who were nailing colons to barn's doors and, then only, disembowel them ?

It was a really dirty war, dirtier than Indochina, and sometimes it really looks like both side were just trying to be the most barbaric one...
Oh, so it's true? Was it really very violent there? Interesting.

Dryme

Formerly '"Wrong"'
Jun 10, 2022

I don't even know what I can ask you about this. I've heard that this is a sore subject in France. I don't know why. Maybe because you lost the war. Or because you did very dirty things there. What do you think?

Advent Games

Living Together! with Imouto
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2023
The thrust of the rules haven't changed in over 7 years, except to add information about new technologies, really (AI works), and clarify.
Well I stand corrected on that point. Let me change my position to: Many devs chose Patreon and got away with bending the rules for a long time until they didn't. Now they're stuck with it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Count Morado

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Oh, so it's true? Was it really very violent there? Interesting.
Hopefully not everything was like this. But yeah, for those who, both side, were standing on the extreme, it's what they did. And of course, each time a side goes that way, the other side felt more entitled to also use such extremes ; "they did it first".

I've heard that this is a sore subject in France. I don't know why. Maybe because you lost the war. Or because you did very dirty things there. What do you think?
Oh, the reason is relatively simple, Algeria wasn't a colony, but a full time part of the country. There were a sea between us, but it wasn't an oversea territory. By example, Morocco share a border with Algeria, but it was just under French administration, "we" would have lost it with less regret and probably less fighting.
To take an example that will talk more, Algeria was to France what Alaska or Hawaii are for the USA. So, when the independence war started, on the french side it was perceived as a civil war. And there's still too many people who continue to perceive it that way.

But I think that most of the anger come from the present more than the past.
Algeria expect France to apology for all the atrocities, what I agree with, but still refuse to acknowledge that there were from their side too. It's hard to take. We were colons, and a part of us did terrible things, but honesty mean that we can't be the only one to get the blame when we aren't the only one at fault.
And of course, there's all those Algerians who, now that they are independent and live in a wrongly ruled country that can't benefit from its own resources, decide to come live in France. It's not the same than migrants coming from other countries, those ones fought hard to kick us out of their country, to now come live in ours...
Add to this that, being a war that wasn't considered as it (for a long time here it was called a "police operation"), we haven't fought it just with military forces. Any one who did it's military service during that time had a chance over two to be sent in Algeria, what mean that around 75% of the population had a family member who fought in Algeria. It's not like Indochina, that happened far away and for which around 95% of the population weren't concerned.

Personally I don't care, well, except for the apology part, that is more a sore spot because I've known people who directly suffered from the atrocities coming from the Algerian side. But I can understand how some peoples easily impressionable can be tricked and fall for the "Algerians are the worse of the worse" that a part of the far right try to propagate.
This said, one shouldn't be lured by that. They target Algerians because of what I said above ; it give them "a good excuse" to say bad things about them. But they are just racists who would target another minority if they couldn't talk about Algerians.

Reactions: Dryme

Dryme

Formerly '"Wrong"'
Jun 10, 2022
Hopefully not everything was like this. But yeah, for those who, both side, were standing on the extreme, it's what they did. And of course, each time a side goes that way, the other side felt more entitled to also use such extremes ; "they did it first".

Oh, the reason is relatively simple, Algeria wasn't a colony, but a full time part of the country. There were a sea between us, but it wasn't an oversea territory. By example, Morocco share a border with Algeria, but it was just under French administration, "we" would have lost it with less regret and probably less fighting.
To take an example that will talk more, Algeria was to France what Alaska or Hawaii are for the USA. So, when the independence war started, on the french side it was perceived as a civil war. And there's still too many people who continue to perceive it that way.

Algeria expect France to apology for all the atrocities, what I agree with, but still refuse to acknowledge that there were from their side too. It's hard to take. We were colons, and a part of us did terrible things, but honesty mean that we can't be the only one to get the blame when we aren't the only one at fault.
And of course, there's all those Algerians who, now that they are independent and live in a wrongly ruled country that can't benefit from its own resources, decide to come live in France. It's not the same than migrants coming from other countries, those ones fought hard to kick us out of their country, to now come live in ours...
Add to this that, being a war that wasn't considered as it (for a long time here it was called a "police operation"), we haven't fought it just with military forces. Any one who did it's military service during that time had a chance over two to be sent in Algeria, what mean that around 75% of the population had a family member who fought in Algeria. It's not like Indochina, that happened far away and for which around 95% of the population weren't concerned.

Personally I don't care, well, except for the apology part, that is more a sore spot because I've known people who directly suffered from the atrocities coming from the Algerian side. But I can understand how some peoples easily impressionable can be tricked and fall for the "Algerians are the worse of the worse" that a part of the far right try to propagate.
This said, one shouldn't be lured by that. They target Algerians because of what I said above ; it give them "a good excuse" to say bad things about them. But they are just racists who would target another minority if they couldn't talk about Algerians.
Huh. Thank you. I wonder if there is at least one country that does not have blood on its hands.

Dryme

Formerly '"Wrong"'
Jun 10, 2022

Which is what I'm most surprised about. This is that after the Second World War, everyone went crazy with blood and cruelty and started attacking each other. It would seem that the world's evil has been defeated, but almost 10 years later there is some kind of massacre :)

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024
I guarantee if you actually go through that list, most are completed , abandoned or if the creator is actively on patreon the sleep sex content have been removed. if someone made a list of current game still being worked on in 2024 it wouldn't even be close to 22 Pages.
The first or so pages are usually the current games still continuing to get worked on/updated. The rest well, you can see for yourself. I was just showing all the games that have it. Now, you might miss out on a couple/few if they don't have the tag up.

Since I don't care for that genre, I'm not going out of my way to look for it.

May 23, 2017
A lot of games with sleep sex content, especially games from years past that are finished or abandoned, simply aren't tagged with it. I was going through page after page of older simulation games trying to get everything tagged but it's so much work, I eventually gave up.