So I've noticed something

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
2nd You said that games can't stand on their own only by the visuals and yet I gave some examples.
You gave the example of a game that sell, adding by yourselves that it effectively don't stand on its own due to its lame user interface...

Just another opinion. Milfys style is more on the cartoony side than realism. Again, people like what they like.
What opinion ? I never said that Milfy City CGs were realist, and explicitly said that they were far to be great...

To make it simple, Games with good visuals can be successful just as games with simplified visuals can.
And I never said that games with good visual can't be successful...
I said that they can't stand on their own just due to this, what mean that they need to have a bit more, whatever if it's a story that will interest some, easy gameplay, or even just being pure entertainment.

I don't judge if anyone likes a game just for it visuals or not.
Yet it's the only thing you're talking about, and it's you who introduced it into a discussion that was talking about something else...

Baka_Energy_studios

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
You gave the example of a game that sell, adding by yourselves that it effectively don't stand on its own due to its lame user interface...

What opinion ? I never said that Milfy City CGs were realist, and explicitly said that they were far to be great...

And I never said that games with good visual can't be successful...
I said that they can't stand on their own just due to this, what mean that they need to have a bit more, whatever if it's a story that will interest some, easy gameplay, or even just being pure entertainment.

Yet it's the only thing you're talking about, and it's you who introduced it into a discussion that was talking about something else...
You're probably right

• Haha
Reactions: anne O'nymous

comte bonfim

Nov 13, 2021
I take story over render any day, but when you get a combo of a great story with amazing render quality, that's the one I'll always put above the others no questions asked, 'cause those are the ones to treasure.

Sure, render quality is amazing by itself, but if you open a game and the first thing you read throws you completely off the rail or mood, no matter if you're staring at big boobs with 4K quality or a perfectly rounded ass, best lighting ever and as photorealistic as possible, you've been put off the vibe/mood instantly (atleast for me) and like I usually do, I just close the game down and jump to the next... Of course, you can always keep going through the story to see if anything grasps your interest again but, it rarely does. Some stories start slow, but slow doesn't mean bad, you can tell the quality by just the first 20 or so dialogue, story & render.

Last edited: