So thinkin bout makin a game.

Cyrel

Feb 26, 2018
So lookin through the pages of games I see a lot of them are more or less the same thing in a different wrapper, either the plots are very similar or the gameplay itself is but more or less same thing over and over with lots of grinding to either get thru a decent story or get to decent fap ammo.

So I've been shootin round 2 ideas- mind you I've never made a game before but it's somethin on my bucket list, so if I did dive in it would take me awhile as I would have to learn the in's and out's and also prolly fall all over myself troubleshooting bugs. But the more I dl' and delete I'm thinkin I might not be satisfied till it's a game I've pushed out.

Both idea's are stretches as i'm not sure the extent of capacities of engines like unity but would have similar end results to a extent. You more or less would play the game to a certain point then the engine would generate a movie based on decisions.

First idea: Straight to the fappin-This game would be split into 3 or more sections-first section you customize a character both looks and basic character values(types of music they like and how they like to fuck and stuff of the such) and this would export a character profile that could be dropped into a character library in the 3rd part. The second part would be a animation design module where a person could build with a simple interface interactions with another character/object. The third part would be the player that is where a person could load characters / animations and designate which character was lead and which would follow and would react fully to music played. So basically you'd drop music into a playlist and when you hit play the character/characters would get busy depending on the type of music/ tempo/ tones that were being played. Effectively the scene would randomize a outcome based on character profiles against who was lead/follow against the music loaded. So you would use your hands to set the players/ dance routine and music on stage then once hitting play be able to sit back and watch the nutcracker unfold. Characters/animations as well as character props/ verbal dialog and such could be shared so the experience is never the same. I'm thinkin somethin a bit along the lines of Superdeepthroat with all the modding built in as part of the game and set to whatever music floats your boat.

Second idea: Static/semi static characters and a small environment where you the choreographer would play a hours worth of character time for each character that leads up to the end result. So you would start the game as the first character on the list and assign basic points to that character that would determine what that character could do within the time frame, also you would be able to assign "fate" point like good ending, so so ending or bad ending. After playing a character through 1 hour of character time which might equate to 3-5 minutes real time, you'd move to next character. If during playing 1 character you interacted with another character then that character would have some of their points already distributed so that they were actually able to interact in the first place and when you played through the character would have set values and less points to spend based on your previous choices. Also this might limit what actions characters further down the line would have as they would have to be at a certain place within the time period so as to have had the interaction. Ok so you would play through a list of characters all within a specific amount of time that corresponded with each other character. Decisions made once all play throughs were done would be collaborated into a random end movie( I don't mean like 1 out of 5 endings but the game would completely generate the end) biased off every characters choices. The order the characters are played in would be completely up to the gamer thus rendering different options available depending on what order the character list was played through. I would prefer to have it so anyone could add possible individual outcomes and add to a list of downloadable modules. So yeah you might get complete bs endings sometimes but the game would be to figure out how to get all the chess pieces to the other side exactly where you wanted- or just to laugh at whatever the game decided to roll with.

Ok so you guys see what happens when I drink, I just start going on and on. Anyway even if I don't proceed with any of this but you see something you'd like to use- treat it like a bottle of lube and use the shit out of it as more is better than less.

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
I'll just stick to giving notes on the first one, since the second was too convoluted for me to follow when I'm this close to going to bed, lol.

Sadly, unless you have some decent experience with programming, 3D modeling, rigging/weight painting and animation, that's going to be a very difficult project to take on by yourself. All of those individually can take years to get good at. If I include my time spent with clay in my teens, I've been modeling characters as a hobby for about 25 years now and I still feel like I have plenty of room for improvement on that front. Character modeling is one of the hardest tasks to get right in 3D modeling, and the problem only gets further compounded when you need something that can be animated realistically in real time for a game, more so if they need to be naked and put into fairly extreme poses for sexual purposes.

Programming an in-game animation tool would be a tough task that will likely require a decent understanding of higher maths, linear algebra in particular would come in handy when doing any sort of 3D programming. It would be a good idea to be familiar with vectors, matrices, and quaternions and how they're used in relation to 3D games when dealing with character/camera movements. If you don't want the animation system to be a nightmare to work with for your users, you'll also need to bring in some creature comforts like inverse kinematics and the ability to adjust curves for the ease-in and ease-out between key frames since you want them to be able to come up with animations and not just static poses. There's also no easy, or reliable, way to do the music syncing in any sort of automated fashion. You'd probably have to implement some sort of tool to allow users to manually sync things up if that's important to you, but at that point I don't think most players would be into doing all that extra work.

Personally I wouldn't use Unity for it either. Since a lot of this stuff might require you to implement things at a deeper level than its fairly superficial scripting API will allow you to do efficiently. Godot has similar capabilities to Unity, but it's entirely open source and you can easily drop down into C++ to add in any new modules you may need along the way and even modify the engine itself if need be.

If I'm making things sound daunting and likely to quickly get out of hand, that's because that's a reasonable assessment of the situation, heh. But don't let me talk you out of it if you're serious. Just don't expect to be done with it within the next several years unless you already possess the skills and knowledge I pointed out along with quite a bit I haven't. Or at least the means to hire and pay fair wages to those who do have them to do the work for you.

Cyrel

Feb 26, 2018
I do hear what your sayin, and yeah i'm not completely new to modeling as I've been using blender for years with 3d printing- I've been twistin in daz for a year or so and I've worked in c++ in past with 5 axis commercial cnc( a bit of understanding of kinematics dealing with motor torque/acceleration-deceleration/watt proliferation across a curve). So for most part the only completely new part would be functioning within a engine, but like flash , AI(illustrator that is), photoshop, dfs(esko product), sequel, tcl and etc....i'm figuring the bitch is relearning all the darn hotkeys- or just reassigning them.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
It sounds nice, but a concept is just that, a concept. The projects seem overly ambitious. Maybe provide a brief demo, screenshots, or some artwork.

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
If the main thing you want to do is customize characters and animate them and sync them to music and you are already familiar with Blender, then I have a much better alternative than trying to mash up your own amateur takes on DAZ and SFM/MMD into a new game that will take you years to create.

Check out this plugin for Blender. It's a parametric character generator with tons of things you can customize, it even comes with a pretty decent rig, as well as materials and lighting for whichever renderer in Blender you prefer.

And here is a decent tutorial on syncing animation to audio in Blender:

Sure it wouldn't be a game, but you get basically the same final outcome for your own use without ages of struggling to reinvent multiple wheels. If you still want to make a game though, I'd start much much simpler to get your feet wet with a simple short term project to see if you're actually into it or not and gain some valuable experience you'll need to improve your odds with more complicated projects down the line.

Cyrel

Feb 26, 2018
Thanks for the input, part of what my post was for is to give idea's to what seems a strained field of idea's. Sorta like with movies and television these days it seems that people have ran out of ideas so everyone is making entertainment that is just a slightly different spin on same ole thing, you know theres a million alien movies, zombies movies ,vamp werewolf, love ,cheating, revenge, drama, racing, stealing movies and shows just on a very narrow spectrum that more or less have the same story, different names and places. It just seems the idea pool has run dry and it looks the same with most games. I was being very honest that I would like to cross off creating a game as one of the items of my to do list.

As far as the music synced game, I don't necessarily mean that the action syncs exactly to the music- but the music would function as a variable medium input. If the animation flowed with the music for a scene, call it a bonus, but in reality I've personally never been able to keep up/with the music and end up going at whatever pace feels good.

Yes I have played with the MBL plugin for blender- used to keep a eye on "Makehuman" and the MBL plugin was announced there I went and checked it out, been probably 2 years since I had it loaded in blender but thanks for reminding me as I had forgotten all about it.

It sounds nice, but a concept is just that, a concept. The projects seem overly ambitious. Maybe provide a brief demo, screenshots, or some artwork.
This is the general discussion part of the forum right? Not the game section where you would drop demo's, i'm just discussing atm and thus would be the proper place to drop a concept idea or 2. But I also understand what is being said, I know this would be a huge investment of time. If I do decide to roll with one I would probably just wait to drop a finished product and wait for bug feedback. And it's not like I would be doing this for money as I have a 9 to 5, it would be just to be able to say to myself, "well that done now what?". For those who ever watched the golden boy anime, I kinda try to roll like he did- the more I experience the richer I am regardless of how much money I have.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
This is the general discussion part of the forum right? Not the game section where you would drop demo's, i'm just discussing atm and thus would be the proper place to drop a concept idea or 2. But I also understand what is being said, I know this would be a huge investment of time. If I do decide to roll with one I would probably just wait to drop a finished product and wait for bug feedback. And it's not like I would be doing this for money as I have a 9 to 5, it would be just to be able to say to myself, "well that done now what?". For those who ever watched the golden boy anime, I kinda try to roll like he did- the more I experience the richer I am regardless of how much money I have.
It is. It still sounds overly ambitious, and without some sort of demo or artwork I really have no idea what it would even look like or be like. And I hear you on the 9 to 5, I work full time and make a game in my spare time.

Jul 14, 2018
The two best things I had to learn to become productive, were:

1. To not judge myself during the creation process. So if I write, animate, draw something, it's good. Just keep making. Afterwards it's always possible to cut a scene or chapter. Don't write & edit at the same time. Create first. Edit later.
2. Don't talk about your plans, put them into action. Your brain gets the reward of something if you talk about completing something and that both means you have less desire to complete it and it will be less rewarding to complete it. Just make it. Work on it. Doing is more important than thinking about it, thinking is more important than talking about it.

1. Don't judge.
2. Put it into action.

You'll get better at everything you do over time. You can't really understand what making a game is about until you've tried it out. Nobody could explain it in a way that would make you get it. That's just how these things work. Nothing beats experiencing it for yourself.

Reactions: Nottravis