RPGM - Abandoned - Sole Hunter [v0.53] [Sole Hunter]

1. 2.00 star(s)

meopun

I want to keep this short, as the game as it is now, isn't much of a worthy time invest.
    what sucks: there's not enough content, the scenes are too short or just a simple loop where a normal gif can be just as appealing... if not more.

there's only one way to earn money and that is to clean bathrooms... if you skip scenes the game assumes you drink piss and eat shit. Literally.
    If this game were a book, its intro would be 1 sentence, the main part 2 and there would be no end.
    This just feels very empty, you can't spend much more than 1 hour in the game since the content is just not there.

i wouln't recommend anyone to play this unless you wanna go for some very short animations which aren#t really worth the invested time.
    If the "patreon only" stuff were avaible man.. even then this would feel pretty empty after like wandering around talking to some npcs that give you and tell you nothing. Whole enterable houses are nonsense without any content in it :(
    ah yeah, the fights are ultra stiff and the girls attack with a maximum of 3 attacks at random, it doesn't matter if you win or lose, they won't talk to you anymore either way - there's only 1 fight with each one except for Luna which has like 2 scenes (yay?)
  2. 1.00 star(s)

I love footjobs

Honestly, I thought of reviewing this game after 6 months have passed, but since the author put patron exclusives on the game, surely the content here is worth it, right?

The animations within the scenes overall look and feel very stiff, especially the battle scenes with Luna. It doesn't help that the MC's model looks like he broke his legs. It's nice to have animations this early, but reusing them in scenes makes the game feel cheap. There's also the fact that there is no cumshot within the teacher fj scene. Only an sfx. Not only that, the camera in some of the scenes move as stiffly as the animations itself. Please improve on the cinematography.

The models for the characters look premade in Koikatsu, and not in a good way. They also don't even look that impressive, and most of their faces look childish, which is pretty weird considering that they are supposed to be in a university. This makes your models look similar as well. For example, look at Aubrey and the teacher, Ms. Ember. There's barely any difference to their looks. For this, I'd say that you should make your models look a little bit more "mature," and diversify their looks, especially with Aubrey and the teacher. I'm gonna guess that the patron exclusive models also suffer the same problem.

The writing in the game is somewhat passible. I'd say that the pacing can be a little bit too fast in some areas, like with the teacher. You just come to her classes a couple times, and all of a sudden, she likes you. I suggest slowing down some relationships a little.

Combat feels like a bloody chore. You seriously could've made it more interesting and interactive, with unique interactions in different battles for example, or having the player do certain actions to appease the attacker, but all I get is generic RPGM style combat. There isn't a lot to do within combat, other than attack, guard, masturbate (heal), and surrender (kill yourself).

The content in the FREE version of the game overall feels lackluster, if anything at all. I played through the entire thing within around 30 minutes, and a part of that would be because of walking from place to place. I'd say that it's a godsend that the trips aren't so long, but they sure are annoying. This doesn't tell me to support your work.

I feel like this game could've been made in a sandbox Ren'py type game instead of RPGM. That's not something one should be feeling when playing the RPGM games on this site.

In my opinion, this game shouldn't be locking content at this stage. No one should be paying for what is pretty much an alpha version of the game. Actually, not even an alpha. Even alphas are more developed than this.

I forgot to mention some bugs, but not really on the game itself. That's mostly fixed. The characters have some graphical glitches on their model. You can see it if you look around their skirt. Parts of it stretch weirdly, and it becomes more noticable when some animations play on them.